Chapter 20

I'll Be There

Kindly click any blue link, thank you^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

click click ^^

You breathed in the clean air at the balcony. You exhaled slowly in satisfaction. The night breeze was cool and the air felt clean unlike the air in the busy Seoul city.

 

‘Click!’ the camera flashed again. You turned around and saw Kwangmin with a camera in his hands.

 

You sighed and smiled, “Another one? How many pictures have you taken already?” You shook your head. Kwangmin walked closer towards you.

 

“Wae? Can’t I?” he said as he leaned against the balcony fences.

 

“Nope, it’s against the law.” You jokingly said and made Kwangmin chuckled.

 

“I never knew such a law exists.” Both of you laughed heartily.

 

“Oppa, look.” You said and pointed to the starry sky. “They look so pretty. We can clearly see them here, but we barely can see them in Seoul.”

 

“Yep, they are so pretty.” He said. ‘Like you’ he thought silently.

 

Both of you suddenly became silent. You could hear the sound of the waves from the beach. The breeze would occasionally blow. You cleared your throat but your eyes were fixed at the sky.

 

“Oppa…do you want to know a secret?”

 

“Hmm?” Kwangmin turned his head to look at you.

 

“I kind of like you the way you are now…”

 

“What do you mean?” Kwangmin became much more nervous. You chuckled and shook her head.

 

“Don’t be mistaken though. It’s not that I don’t like you before, but I kinda love the new you…Get it?” you laughed. “You did so many things that you never did before.” you smiled and slightly blushed.

 

Kwangmin’s heart beats faster. ‘Does that mean she likes me….more than hyung?’

 

“Jieun-ah…” he put away the camera and grabbed you by the shoulders. Both of you were staring at each other.

 

“I-I…” Kwangmin stuttered. You tilted your head to the right, waiting for Kwangmin to talk. You glanced to the sky again.

 

“Oppa, look! A shooting star!” you exclaimed and quickly put your hands together and closed your eyes to make a wish.

 

Kwangmin was speechless. He was about to tell you that he was not the real Youngmin. He stared at your face. ‘Jieun-ah, if I tell you who I am… Will you still love me?’ Kwangmin also turned his head to the sky and closed his eyes. ‘If I wish that I can stay with you as Kwangmin and not as my hyung; if I wish that we can love each other forever, will that be possible? Or is it a selfish request?’ Tears welled up in his eyes. He opened his eyes and held his tears. He stared at you.

 

You opened your eyes and smiled.

 

“What did you wish for?” Kwangmin asked, forcing a smile.

 

“If I tell you, bad luck will happen to me.” You giggled.

 

“There’s no such thing.” He chuckled. "Just tell me."

 

“Umm…. I wish that I can be with you forever!” you shouted at the beach and giggled.

 

‘Even if you know I’m not the real Youngmin? Will you still want to be with me?’ his heart ached. He curved his lips into a smile but his heart was hurting. ‘Fate can be so cruel Jieun-ah. Not only to hyung, but to both of us too….’ He silently thought. 

 

 

Kwangmin stared at your face as you were deeply asleep on her bed. You were mumbling in your sleep. Kwangmin smiled. 'I love you Jieun-ah. And I want you to love me too; not as Jo Youngmin but as Jo Kwangmin...'  He shook his head. ‘I am too selfish....’ he muttered and cried silently.

 

 

“Ah, I can’t believe we’re going back today.” You pouted.

 

“You want to stay here?” Kwangmin raised his brows. “I’ll go home alone then.”

 

“Ya! I don’t mean it that way....”

 

“I know, Jieun-ah.” He chuckled. “We can always go next time.” He said. ‘Will there be a ‘next time’…’ he thought.

 

Your lips curved into a smile. “Ne~”

Kwangmin wrapped his right arm around your waist as both of you walked together at the airport.

 

A week later

 

“Good morning Jieun-ah.” Kwangmin whispered to your ears.

 

You stretched out your body slowly and rubbed your eyes. “Oppa?” your voice was husky. “What are you doing in my room?”

 

“Hey, you sounded like I’m a bad guy barging into your room or something.” He chuckled. “You’re late, do you know that?”

 

“What time is it?” Your eyes widened.

 

Kwangmin glanced to his watch “7.15.” He stared back at you.

 

“What? It’s still early…” you whined.

 

Kwangmin chuckled. “You promised to make breakfast for me today.”

 

“Ah, that’s right.” You sat up. 

 

“I’ll be waiting downstairs.” Kwangmin chuckled and went downstairs. He sat down on the couch and rested his back.

 

                                                                                                ***

 

“Oppa? Why are you sleeping on the couch? Quick, have your breakfast or you’ll be late!” You shook his body. He blinked his eyes and quickly stood up from the couch. He followed you to the dining room and pulled the chair to sit down.

 

“Here, oppa.” You said as you served pancakes. “I made a few changes in the recipe. Try them out.” You winked.

 

“Really?” he smiled and eats them slowly. “You’re right.” He chuckled.

 

“Does it taste weird?” you raised your brows.

 

“Nope, it’s delicious. How did you make it?” he asked.

 

“Really? I’m glad it doesn’t taste weird.” You sighed in relief. “How did I do it? That’s a sec~ret~.”  You teased. Kwangmin just chuckled.

 

 

“I’m going first Jieun-ah.” Kwangmin said as he walked out the door.

 

“Ne~ oppa.”

 

“Ah, that’s right. I forgot something, Jieun-ah.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“This.” Kwangmin tilted your chin up with his finger and lightly kissed her lips. Kwangmin pulled away and poked your cheeks. “Take care and don’t be late for work.”

 

You nodded and smiled sheepishly. You waved at Kwangmin as he went to work.

 

Kwangmin drove to the restaurant, ‘Eclipse’. It’s been a few days since the restaurant opened for business. Hyunseong took his place as the head chef of the restaurant. All the staffs didn’t know that Kwangmin was the owner of the restaurant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You were moping the floor while Sunmi served the customers. Jeongmin was making coffees. You wiped off the sweat on your forehead. You glanced at your watch; it’s almost noon. You went into the kitchen in a rush.

 

“What’s wrong, nuna?” Jeongmin asked.

 

“It’s almost noon.”

 

“So?”

 

“I want to make lunch for Youngmin oppa.”

 

“No one eats cakes for lunch.” He raised his left brow and gave a sceptical look to you.

 

“Who says I’m going to bake a cake?” You rolled your eyes.

 

“What? You. Are. Going. To. Cook?” he said in shock. “I hope Youngmin hyung will not die.” He clucked his tongue and shook his head.

 

“Seriously, Lee Jeongmin. Do you want to lose this job?” You glared at him.

 

“Of course not, nuna~.” he stuck out his tongue to you. You really wanted to knock his head but you could barely reach his head because of your height. You just gritted your teeth. Jeongmin burst out laughing.

 

“I’m sorry, nuna~.” he bowed down but still chuckled. “I’m scared of Youngmin hyung. I don’t want him to go after me with a knife in his hands tomorrow just because I made his girlfriend angry.” He shook his head. You smiled because of his funny statement.

 

You happily cooked lunch for Youngmin and put them in a lunch box. You smiled in satisfaction. ‘Oppa, you better be at the office. I want to surprise you.’ You thought and giggled by yourself. 

 

“I’ll be back soon.” You told Sunmi and Jeongmin.

 

“Don’t rush. There will not be a lot of customer. Told you, nobody eat cakes for lunch.” Jeongmin chuckled. “Take your time with your ho~ney.” You pretended like you didn't hear it and went to the parking lot. You entered the car and drove to Youngmin’s company.

 

When you arrived, all the workers greeted you with a smile. All of them recognized you. A few workers whispered among themselves.

 

“I didn’t see Mr. Youngmin around lately. Is he here?” one of the workers whispered. The others shrugged their shoulders. But you didn't hear them.

 

(click here)

 

‘Ding!’ You stepped out the lift and made your way to Youngmin’s office. You could see Youngmin’s secretary. You were always jealous of the secretary because she looked so beautiful. You calmly approached her. The secretary startled at your presence.

 

“J-Jieun-ssi? Wh-what are you doing here?” She stuttered.

 

“I want to see Mr Youngmin. Is he here?” You asked. You couldn’t comprehend her expression. She looked anxious. ‘I wonder what’s bothering her.’ You thought.

 

The secretary became nervous. She didn’t know how to answer you. Luckily, Donghyun came out from his office, probably on his way to lunch. His eyes widened when he saw you.

 

“Jieun!” he exclaimed.

 

“Hello Donghyun Oppa.” you greeted. “I was just about to see Youngmin oppa.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading^^

New subscribers! Thank you so much! :D I hope you guys will support this fanfics. Feel free to leave comment/s. I know I need to improve. There's a lot of things I want to improve on. T-T

Thank you again. Look forward for next chapter~