Chapter 21

I'll Be There

Click click ^^

“Jieun!” he exclaimed.

 

“Hello Donghyun Oppa.” you greeted. “I was just about to see Youngmin oppa.”

 

 “Oh, he’s not here. He’s currently meeting a client.” He said. “But I think he’ll be back soon.” He glared at the secretary, hoping that she’ll understand what does he meant. She nodded slowly.

“How about you wait for him in my office? It’s been awhile since I met you.” Donghyun invited you.

 

“O…kay.” You answered. After you entered Donghyun’s office, the secretary quickly grabbed the phone and called Youngmin’s number. She knew it was the only way to contact Kwangmin.

 

 

“What? What she’s doing there?” Kwangmin shouted over the phone. “Hm, okay. I’ll be there.” He hung up the phone. He couldn’t believe that you came to his hyung’s office.

“I’m sorry, Hyunseong-nim. I have to go. I got something urgent.” Kwangmin acted like he’s just a normal chef working under Hyunseong.

 

Hyunseong just nodded. He blinked his eyes and wondered why Kwangmin looked so nervous. He couldn't go to the staffs’ room because it was blocked by the containers and boxes containing their food stocks.He couldn’t even change his shirt and take his car keys.

'Great timing.' he sighed in frustration. 'Look like I have to buy a new suit.' he thought and rushed out from the restaurant. But he didn’t realize that someone was watching him.

 

Minwoo was currently at the restaurant because he heard that ‘Eclipse’, the famous restaurant in America has opened another branch in Korea so he thought he wanted to visit it. As he enjoyed eating his lunch, he was startled when he saw Youngmin rushing out from the restaurant.

 

‘Youngmin hyung? What he’s doing here? Did he just come out from the kitchen?’ Minwoo thought. ‘I thought he was an architect. Hmm.’ He stood up and paid for his bill. He entered his own car and followed Kwangmin. He saw Kwangmin entered a store and came out wearing a nice black suit. Kwangmin fixed his tie as he entered the taxi.

 

‘What is he doing? Why would he change his outfits? Is he hiding something from Jieun-ssi?’ Minwoo thought and kept following Kwangmin. The taxi stopped in front of a building. Minwoo glanced at the building. ‘This is where Youngmin hyung works…But just now, he came out from the kitchen wearing another outfit....What is his real job?’ Minwoo drove away. He massaged his temples with his right hand as he drive.

 

'I remember Hyung took Architecture while Jieun's brother took Medicine...that's weird...I'm pretty sure he didn't apply for culinary. What is the meaning of all of these?' Minwoo thought. 'Argh, this is weird. Something is off.' he sighed in frustration.

 

Kwangmin calmly went to the 3rd floor. He didn’t want the others to be suspicious of him.

 

“Where is she?” Kwangmin asked the secretary.

 

“In Mr.Donghyun’s office.” She answered and motioned her finger towards Donghyun’s office.

 

“Oh, thank you.” Kwangmin said as he went to the office. He calmed himself down and acted casually. He knocked on Donghyun’s door.

 

“Come in.” Donghyun shouted from inside. Kwangmin could hear your laugh.

 

“Donghyun-ah, I just met with the client… Oh, Jieun-ah.” He acted like he didn’t know anything.

 

“Oppa.” You smiled and stood up from the chair.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I came to give you this. Jjan!” You said as you held out the lunch box. “I thought I want to surprise you but you were not in the office.” You pouted.

 

“Well, you did surprised me though.” he chuckled.

 

Donghyun cleared his throat. “Whenever both of you met each other, you guys always seem to forget about everything around you.”

 

Kwangmin chuckled. “Sorry, I’ll talk to you about the client later.” He lied. Donghyun just nodded.

 

“Okay, I’m going out for lunch. You two…enjoy your lunch.” Donghyun said and left.

 

Kwangmin smiled awkwardly, “Come, let’s go to my…office.”

 

-----------------------------------(stop the song here, thank you, kekeke)-----------------------------------

 

 

 

Kwangmin rested his back on the office's chair. He sighed in relief. You had just left a moment ago because lunchtime was almost over. Kwangmin sighed again. He was lucky that the secret stayed safe. 'Ah, I'm going crazy.' he thought.

 

The sudden knock on the door startled him.

 

“Y-yes?” he stuttered.

 

“It’s just me.” Donghyun said as he entered the office. “You’re okay?”

 

Kwangmin sighed. “I’m okay.”

 

Donghyun nodded. He grabbed a chair and sat comfortably on the chair. “How are…Youngmin doing?”

 

Kwangmin shrugged his shoulders. “I couldn’t get through him on the phone. Every time I call, they would say he had just taken his medication.” Kwangmin sighed. Donghyun could see Kwangmin was worried about his brother a lot.

 

 “I think he’s avoiding me…You should heard his voice before, Donghyun-ah. He sounded so...weak.” Kwangmin cupped his face. His heart was hurting when he remembered his hyung’s weak voice.

 

Donghyun stood up from his chair and approached Kwangmin. He patted on his shoulders. “Cool down. Let’s pray for him…” Donghyun said with a hopeful voice.

 

‘How about...Jieun?’ Donghyun wanted to ask but kept it inside his mind instead. He could see that Kwangmin had fell in love with you. He knew since the New Year party because it was so obvious by the way Kwangmin stared at you. Donghyun knew from the start it would be this way and soon enough, Kwangmin would be hurt if Youngmin is cured or if you get to know about the secret. He just couldn’t imagine how bad the situation would be if everything were exposed. He sighed silently, afraid of what would happen in the future.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. ^^ Finally, an update. Sorry for keeping all of you waiting for so long. T-T 

Hoping that you will be looking forward for next chapter. Thank you everyone! :D