Chapter 27

I'll Be There

You came again to visit Kwangmin. Then, you saw a doctor just came out from Kwangmin’s room. You tilted your head wondering what the doctor was doing in Kwangmin’s room. You stepped closer to Kwangmin room and opened the door.

 

“Oppa, I’ve come to visit you~” You called out sweetly.

 

“Oh, Jieun-ah.” Kwangmin answered and smiled.

 

“I saw the doctor just now. What did he tell you?”

 

“Nothing, he just said that I am good enough to leave the hospital.” Kwangmin smiled.

 

“Really?! That’s good then!” You said enthusiastically.

 

“What? I’ve just came to visit you and you’re going home already?” Someone said. Both of you turned to see who it was.

 

The man chuckled and grinned. “Annyeong!” Donghyun greeted.

 

“Ah, oppa!” You laughed. “You surprised me.”

 

“Hey.” Kwangmin waved his hand towards Donghyun. Donghyun grabbed a chair and sat beside Kwangmin.

 

“So, why are you sick?” Donghyun asked.

 

Kwangmin glanced at you for a moment but then he just shrugged. He wanted to tell Donghyun about everything but you were there so he couldn’t.

 

“Oppa, I’m going to leave you two for a while. I need to pay the hospital fees.” You excused yourself and left.

 

Kwangmin sighed. ‘Perfect timing.’ he thought.

 

 

 

“Donghyun-ah, lot of things had happened.”

 

“And what were they?”

 

“My ex-fiancee is here. And… Jieun met her.”

 

“WHAT? I didn’t know you have a fiancée before.”

 

“It’s a long time ago but we’re over now. The thing is Jieun thought it was Youngmin hyung’s fiancée. Everything was in a mess. Luckily, Minwoo helped me out.”

 

“Minwoo? That little kid? Does that mean he knew about the secret too?”

 

Kwangmin nodded weakly. “I have no choice but to tell him everything. My ex-fiancée is his cousin so she must have told him everything.”

 

“Wow.” Donghyun’s eyes widened.

 

“So, Minwoo is in the secret now. But I’m worried about my ex-fiancee. If she knew about this secret, surely she’ll tell Jieun about it…I don’t know what she’s doing here but I think she’s trying to win me back.”

 

“Do you want to be with her again?”

 

“Of course not! She cheated on me twice and I’m not giving her any chance. Never.” Kwangmin clenched his fist.

 

“So, what are you going to do now?”

 

“I don’t know…The only thing I can do now is ask Minwoo to keep his eyes on his cousin. She’s…a threat. I knew her so well; she must be planning something in her mind now.”

 

Donghyun sighed. “I don’t know what to say…I think, sooner or later Jieun will know about the secret. I don’t think we can hide the secret from her forever.”

 

Both of them went silent.

 

“Oppa, the nurse said that you can go home by noon.” You said as you suddenly came in.

 

“O-oh, okay.” Kwangmin stuttered and smiled.

 

 

 

 

“Take care, oppa.” You said and leaned in to kiss Kwangmin’s cheek.

 

“Ne~ Do you want me to send you to work?” Kwangmin asked.

 

You lightly shook your head. “It’s okay. I can go by myself.”

 

“Okay then.” Kwangmin smiled and left for work. He chuckled to himself as he went for work. He was glad that everything was okay again. All he needed to do now was to take care of Suzy before she does anything. He tightened his grip on the steering wheel when he thought of Suzy.

 

 

 

“Speak of the devil.” He muttered when he saw Suzy was in the restaurant as well. He sighed heavily.

 

Suzy smirked and got up from the chair. She slowly walked towards Kwangmin’s direction.

 

“Hello Kwangminnie~” she greeted.

 

“What are you doing here?” Kwangmin asked coldly.

 

“Aw~ don’t be angry yeobo. Let sit down first and talk.” She cooed in an annoying voice.

 

“We have nothing to talk about.”

 

“Oh yes we have. Or do you want me….to tell Jieun-SSI about your little secret?” she threatened.

 

“What secret are you talking about?” Kwangmin tried to keep himself calm.

 

“Aw~ come on. You know EXACTLY what I meant.”

 

 

 

Kwangmin turned his head and glared at Suzy but rather than being scared, Suzy just giggled.

 

 

 

“Now, let me get this straight...” Suzy paused. “I promise to keep your little secret with one condition.”

 

“What?” Kwangmin continued to glare at her.

 

“I want you to be my fiancé again.” She smiled.

 

“No way.” Kwangmin quickly rejected her offer.

 

“Hmm, that’s mean I have no choice but to tell…” her sentence was cut off when Kwangmin suddenly gripped her hand.

 

“Don’t . You. Dare.” He said as he tightened his grip.

 

“Let me go!” Suzy shouted. All the customers in the restaurant turned their head to see what the fuss was all about. Kwangmin slowly let go of his grip; feeling the stare from the customers. Suzy her wrist.

 

“You don’t want me to tell Jieun, do you? You only have two choices. One; accept my offer and your secret is safe or two; reject my offer and I’ll tell your secret to that girl.” She threatened.

 

Kwangmin bit his lips.

 

He knew Suzy would really tell you if he doesn’t accept her offer but he didn’t want to have any relationship with Suzy anymore. He clenched his fist as he thought more about his decision. Suzy just smiled, knowing that Kwangmin would fell for her trap.

 

“Jo Kwangmin, you better be accepting my offer ‘because I’ll need your money to pay off my debts.” She thought.

 

Kwangmin sighed in exasperation.

 

“I have made my decision.” He finally said.

 

“And…?” Suzy smiled.

 

“I’m not going to be engaged with you and I will never be engaged to you.” He said sternly.

 

“What? You know that I’m really going to tell your secret if you rejected my offer, right?” her smiles disappeared.

 

“I’m not going to let you do that.” Kwangmin grabbed her hand. He pulled his cellphone from his pocket and dialed Minwoo's number.

 

“Minwoo-ah, I need you to come to the restaurant now. Suzy’s here.” Kwangmin said.

 

“What?” Minwoo was confused.

 

“She’s here and threatened to tell the secret to J…” Before Kwangmin could finish his words, Suzy pulled her hand from Kwangmin’s grip harshly and escaped.

 

“Ya Suzy!” Kwangmin shouted. “Minwoo, quick! Suzy might be on her way to Jieun’s place! We must catch her before she tells the secret!”

 

“O-oh okay.” Minwoo stuttered.

 

Kwangmin quickly got into his car and drove as fast as he could to your café. Minwoo and Kwangmin arrived almost at the same time at your café. They barged into the café only to be greeted by Sunmi and Jeongmin.

 

“Welcome to our café’.” Both of them said.

 

“Ah~ it’s Youngmin hyung and Minwoo-ssi. What are both of you doing here?” Jeongmin asked.

 

“Where is Jieun?” Kwangmin asked.

 

“She’s in the kitchen. Why?” Jeongmin asked confused.

 

Both Minwoo and Kwangmin looked at each other. Then, Kwangmin turned his head back to Jeongmin.

 

“Is there any girl came to the café’?”

 

Jeongmin burst out laughing. “Of course. There are a lot of girls that came in and out from our café’.”

 

 

 

Actually Suzy had been following Kwangmin’s car from behind. She smirked inside her own car. “Stupid Kwangminnie. He actually leads me the way to her.” She thought as she drove away.