Chapter 18

I'll Be There

 

Kwangmin glared at your direction. He could see Minwoo was helping you to bring the groceries. He couldn’t help being jealous. ‘Did they meet at the market purposely? Or did he follow her?’ Kwangmin thought ridiculously.

 

“Hyung…” Minwoo said.

 

Kwangmin raised his brows. He took the plastic bags off Minwoo’s hands a bit harshly. Minwoo cleared his throat; he knew Youngmin was just jealous.

 

“Umm…I’m leaving first. Happy New Year…hyung.”

 

“Happy new year.” Kwangmin answered coldly.

 

“You’re not coming in?” You asked, stopping Minwoo’s steps.

 

“Nah, I have plans already.” Minwoo lied, sensing Kwangmin’s glare.

 

“Oh, okay…Take care.” You said.

 

Minwoo just smiled and left. You turned around. “Oppa, can’t you be nicer to Minwoo?”

 

“What?” Kwangmin said in shock.

 

“I know you dislike him but you should at least be nice to him.” You said and walked pass through him to enter the house. Kwangmin dropped his jaws in disbelieved and turned around to follow you. You placed the plastic bags at the counter. You knew Youngmin was standing behind you.

 

“Oppa…” you paused. “You never acted like this before. Before, even if you dislike Minwoo, you would still talk politely to him and always act cheerful.” You bit your lips.

 

“Well, I’m sorry that I’ve changed.” Kwangmin said in anger. He placed the plastic bags on the counter harshly. You were silent for a moment. You were too shocked to say anything. Kwangmin grabbed the onions and started to chop them with a knife. He was probably rushing because it was late and the guests would be coming soon but you thought he was angry.

 

“So did you guys promised to meet up? Huh?” Kwangmin lost his control. He totally forgot that he has to act calm just like his brother but his jealousy wouldn’t allow him to.

 

“What?” You were shocked by his accusation. “What’s wrong with you?” 

 

“Answer me!” he suddenly raised his voice.

 

“No, we didn’t! We met by accident. It just turned out he was there, okay?” your voice cracked and your tears started to roll down. “Oppa, you’re being so ridiculous right now.” You sniffed. Kwangmin was silent. Your tears erased his anger; he started to feel guilty. He gulped and continued chopping the onions. He was speechless.

 

“Hey everyone! Happy New Year! The door was opened so I thought I---“ Jiyeon said but she stopped her sentences when she saw you were crying.

“Jieun? What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” she said as she approached you. You wiped off your tears and suddenly laughed.

 

“I’m not crying. The tears came out because of the onions so I ran away from Youngmin oppa.”

 

Jiyeon knew you were lying but she kept quiet. She glared at Kwangmin’s direction and pulled your hand. “Come; let Youngmin-ssi do the cooking. I have something to tell you!” Jiyeon said in cheerful voice, acting like she didn’t know anything. You nodded and let her pulled your hands.

 

You sat quietly as Jiyeon told you her stories. You were deep in your thoughts so you didn’t listen to any of Jiyeon’s stories.

 

‘What happened to you? Since you went to America, you’ve changed drastically. At first, you were acting weird and suddenly you acting sweet. I admitted you are sweeter than before. Before, it took you a lot of courage just to kiss me but now you always teased me about it. And suddenly, you have this violent side. You never shouted at me before and even if you’re jealous, you would be calm and you won’t tell me about it unless I forced you to spill it. Just, what has happened to you?’ You tilted your chin up and sighed.

 

“Ya! Are you listening?” Jiyeon snapped her fingers in front of your face.

 

“Yes? Umm…” You nodded your head. Jiyeon sighed.

 

“Hey, I don’t know what happened, but can you forget it for now? It’s New Year, honey! You should have fun!” Jiyeon said as she clapped her hands to lift your mood up.

 

“What? Nothing happened. I’m just worried about Youngmin who’s alone in the kitchen…” you tried to make an excuse.

 

Jiyeon shook her head at your statement and ignored you. “You know what? You need something to distract you. Come on, let me rummage your closet. You need something better than this.” Jiyeon said as she tugged on your shirt.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kwangmin rested his back as he sat on the couch. He had finished preparing the food for the party and had even served them on the table in the living room. It didn’t take him a lot of time to prepare them because they were just having samgyeopsal and fruits for the party.

 

 

He looked around but he didn’t see any signs of you and Jiyeon around. ‘They must be upstairs.’ he thought. He tilted his chin up and closed his eyes. He sighed at the thought of what had happened between both of you. ‘Ergh, I’m so stupid for being jealous. Especially there’s nothing to be jealous of.’ He growled in his mind.

 

The sudden knock on the door startled him. He reluctantly got up from the couch and opened the door. “Happy New Year!” the guests shouted. They were Donghyun, Hyunseong and Jeongmin. Hyunseong was wearing a jacket with casual t-shirt and black jeans while Jeongmin was wearing a hoodie and jeans. Kwangmin raised his brows at Donghyun’s attire.

 

“Seriously?” Kwangmin said, commenting on Donghyun’s tuxedo.

 

“Exactly.” Hyunseong chuckled.

 

“What? You never know what might happen.” He said in a sarcastic tone and made everyone laughed.

 

“Come in.” Kwangmin invited them inside.

 

Both Donghyun and Hyunseong sat on the couch while Jeongmin preferred to sit on the floor.

 

“Kyaaa, I’m drooling.” Jeongmin said when he saw the samgyeopsal on the table. Kwangmin just chuckled.

“Oh, here’s some soju.” Jeongmin placed a few bottles of soju on the table. “Don’t get wasted though.” He chuckled.

 

“Where are the girls?” Donghyun asked.

 

“How do you know Jieun is not the only girl in the house?” Kwangmin questioned him.

 

“Duhhh, of course Jieun invited her friends over right?” he said sarcastically as he winked at Kwangmin. Kwangmin laughed at his statement.

 

“She just invited her best friend, Jiyeon.” Kwangmin said. Donghyun’s face turned sour.

 

“What?” Kwangmin laughed nervously.

 

“Don’t even ask me about it.” Donghyun shook his head. "By the way, the construction is finished." he whispered to Kwangmin.

 

"Really? Wow, that was fast." Kwangmin blinked his eyes. Donghyun slightly smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

“Happy New Year!” someone suddenly shouted and startled the guys. Donghyun, Hyunseong and Jeongmin turned their head to see who it was. Donghyun scoffed when he saw Jiyeon. “Of course it was her voice.” He said while the others had their mouths fell open.

 

Kwangmin laughed at their expression and then turned his head to see what had made the guys so shocked. His jaws fell open too when he saw you. You looked very demure and sweet in your yellow dress.

 

“Fix the jaws guys.” Jiyeon said and laughed.

 

Jiyeon pushed you to sit beside Kwangmin while she went to sit beside Donghyun. “Hello, oppa.” She winked at Donghyun. Donghyun scoffed at her, knowing what the wink meant.

 

“I swear I’m not going to lose again this time.” He said.

 

“We’ll see about that.” Jiyeon said and smirked.

 

 

 

Kwangmin was staring at you and when you turned your head to Kwangmin, he turned to look somewhere else and cleared his throat.

 

“What are you guys waiting for? Let’s get the party started!” Jiyeon yelled enthusiastically.

 

“Woohoo!” Jeongmin shouted, joining in the fun.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“One more!” Donghyun shouted. He was drunk.

 

“Oppa, you’re totally drunk.” Jiyeon said and hiccupped. She almost mumbled when she talked because she was drunk too but not as drunk as Donghyun. Donghyun lied his head down on the couch because he couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“I win!” Jiyeon jumped around and almost fell down but Kwangmin saved her and placed her back on the couch. By the next second, she fell asleep.

 

Jeongmin was already sleeping on the floor. He was the one who warned them not to get too drunk but he was the first person that knocked out. Hyunseong was resting his back on the couch, shaking his head . The three of you were the only ones that were not drunk like the others.

 

You sighed at the scene. “Aigoo…” you got up from the couch and approached Jiyeon. “Ya, wake up. Let me send you home.” Jieun shook Jiyeon’s body.

Jiyeon opened her eyes and cupped your face. “Hey bestfriend.” She hiccupped and started pinching your cheeks.

“Ouch, ouch. Stop it!” You yelped. Jiyeon laughed as she struggled to keep her eyes open.

“It’s okay. Let them sleep.” Kwangmin said. “Hyunseong, there’s another room upstairs. You can sleep there.” He continued.

 

“Yes? But…” Hyunseong tried to answer.

 

“It’s okay.” Kwangmin urged him to stay.

 

“O…kay hy--“ He was about to say hyung-nim but he stopped because you were listening to their conversation.

 

 

You pulled Jiyeon’s hands and wrapped them around your neck. Jiyeon was half-awake so it was not hard to move her around. You slowly brought her upstairs. You slowly threw Jiyeon to your bed and pulled the blanket. You could hear Jiyeon's soft snore. You smiled and left the room because you needed to clean up. You could see Kwangmin was placing a pillow under Jeongmin’s head and covered both Jeongmin and Donghyun with a blanket.

 

You slowly walked into the living room and started to pick up the glasses and plates. Kwangmin was staring at you, waiting for you to say something but you didn’t. You silently brought the plates to the kitchen to clean them up.

 

Kwangmin sighed. ‘Is she still angry with me?’ he thought and followed you to the kitchen.

 

 

“Let me help you.” he tried to talk to you. You shook your head.

 

“It’s okay. I’m almost done.” You answered coldly. You wiped your hands when you finished. You were about to walk out from the kitchen when suddenly Kwangmin apologized and you stopped your steps.

 

Kwangmin stepped closer to you. “I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have said those things. But I was--jealous.” He confessed.

 

You turned around to face him. You opened your mouth, wanting to say something but Kwangmin stopped you.

 

“I know there’s nothing to be jealous of. But… I don’t know. I just…am.” He said and stared at you.

 

“I’m sorry that I shouted at you. I know I have been acting different towards you lately.” He stepped closer towards you. “I do realize I have…changed. And I hope you'll be able to accept those changes. I promise I won’t hurt you again.” He said seriously. Kwangmin knew he couldn’t be like his brother but the least he could do was treat you better. He grabbed both of your hands and stared into your eyes.

 

“Will you forgive me, Jieun-ah?”

 

Your tears rolled down her cheeks. You were touched by his apology. You nodded your head slowly. Kwangmin kissed your forehead and slowly hugged you.

“Don’t cry Jieun-ah.” he patted your back as he hugged you.

 

“Okay…” you mumbled.

 

“By the way, you looked pretty tonight.” He whispered to your ears and smiled.

“Is it just tonight?”

Kwangmin pulled away from the hug and poked your nose.

“Of course not, silly. You're always pretty and beautiful to me.” he said. You chuckled at his compliment. Kwangmin wiped off your tears. “Although sometimes you slept with your mouth opened; drools or even snore in your sleep, you would still be pretty to me.” He teased. You laughed and slapped his shoulder playfully.

 

“Ouch. That hurts.” he lied. “Hmm, this is what you get for hurting me.” He sneakily pulled you by your waist. You laughed as you struggled to get away from Kwangmin’s arms.

 

‘I must have been crazy. Whatever.’ Kwangmin thought. He leaned in and slowly kissed your lips. His heart was pounding really fast. You closed your eyes and kissed him back.

 

‘I love you, Jieun-ah. I really do. Even if you hate me one day.’ Kwangmin thought. His heart ached but he tried to ignore it as he kissed you deeper.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading^^

Sorry for the a little bit late update. I had fever for the past few days and I couldn't concentrate on writing. So how was my new update? A bit lovey dovey? No? Kekeke, actually it hurts when someone loves you but not for who you are, right? Imagine being in Kwangmin's place. Awww T-T

Anyway, subscribe and comment. I always look forward for comments :D