Chapter 34

I'll Be There

The sun shone brightly from the windows and hit your eyes. You stirred from your sleep and slowly opened your eyes. You tossed to the other side and were startled when you saw Youngmin was staring at you.

 

“Good morning, my angel.” He said and reached out to caress your hair.

 

“Good morning, oppa.” You smiled.

 

“You’re late.” He said.

 

“I know.” You chuckled. Youngmin pinched your cheeks playfully.

 

“I’ll be waiting.” He said as he left the room.

 

You sat up and smiled to yourself. It was like any normal day with Youngmin. Except that, you didn’t feel the same anymore. Your smiles slowly fade away.

It’s almost two months after Youngmin survived the surgery and after Kwangmin left. You were glad that you didn’t lose Youngmin and that Kwangmin woke up from his comma. You were glad that miraculously someone else donated his heart to Youngmin instead of Kwangmin. Everything was right again but why do you felt so empty?

You sighed and got up from your bed.

 

                                                                                                ***

 

You were watching television with Youngmin. Youngmin laughed as he watched the show. He held your hand tight but you didn’t hold it back. Your mind was somewhere else. Usually you would put your head on his shoulder but you didn’t. You wished it was Kwangmin’s hand that held yours but it’s not. You felt guilty towards Youngmin. Tears welled in your eyes but you held them back and yawned so that Youngmin won’t realize that you were almost crying.

Youngmin glanced at you. “Are you sleepy?”

 

“A little bit.” You smiled.

 

Youngmin grabbed your hands and slowly them. He took a deep breath and cleared his throat.

click click ^^

 

“Jieun-ah.”
 

“Hmm?”

 

“You know I love you right?”

 

You lowered your head. “Of course, I do.” You answered weakly. “And I love you too.”

 

 Youngmin put his hands on your shoulders and turned you towards him.

 

“You don’t, Jieun-ah.”

 

You blinked your eyes; shocked at his statement.

 

“I knew; your feelings for me have changed.” He stopped and continued again. “And your feelings towards Kwangmin grew when I was not with you.”

 

“That’s not true.” You looked away.

 

Youngmin smiled. “You are really…not a good liar, Jieun-ah.” His heart ached but he tried his best not to cry. The girl he’s in love with is now in love with his brother.

 

“I know you were thinking about him when I caught you daydreaming. I know you missed him all this while but I thought I want to give you some time. I thought you will feel the same way you felt before again…but I guess I was wrong. I know you-“ he gulped. “-love him, Jieun-ah.”

 

Tears trickled down your cheeks.

 

“Don’t cry, Jieun-ah. You know all I want is for you to be happy. It doesn’t have to be me.” His heart ached as he said the last sentence. He could feel he’s losing you slowly.

 

“I’m sorry, oppa. I’m really sorry.” You hugged him and cried.

 

He patted your back and shed tears too but he wiped them away. “I won’t forget our memories, Jieun-ah. You are precious to me but starting from now, you are my precious…little sister.”

 

You cried harder.

 

He gulped and slowly pulled away from the hug, but his hands remained on your shoulders. “Just one last time…” He leaned and kissed your forehead for a long time.

 

“Thank you, Jieun-ah; for everything but now you should go and find him. And be happy.” He said as he ruffled your hair. You couldn’t stop your tears.  He smiled like it was nothing but he looked pained. You felt guilty. You just nodded your head and looked away; you couldn’t look into his eyes.

                                                                               

                                                                                                ***

Click click ^^ 

Kwangmin stepped out the balcony of his restaurant, Eclipse. The weather was cold because it’s winter season. He rubbed his hands together and fixed the red scarf on his neck. He breathed in the cold air and let out a deep sigh as he placed his arms on the railings. He couldn’t forget you at all; you were in his mind the whole time.

‘How are you, Jieun-ah? Are you happy with Hyung?’ he thought to himself and hit his aching chest. He let out another deep sigh. ‘I really miss you, Jieun-ah.’

 

“Kwangmin-ah.”

 

‘I must really miss you a lot. I could even hear your voice now. It was so clear as if you were really here.’ Kwangmin thought. He sighed and turned his back. His eyes widened. ‘You’re really here.’ His heart beats faster when he saw you.

 

“Annyeong.” You raised your hand up and awkwardly waved at him.

 

“Jieun-ah.”

You really missed his voice. You were glad to hear them again.

 

“How are you?” You asked. Both of you didn’t budge from your place.

 

“I’m…fine. You? Did Hyung came too?”

 

“I’m fine too… Oppa…he’s not here.” You played with your fingers; didn’t know what to do with the awkward atmosphere.

 

“I came to see you.” You continued.

 

Kwangmin gulped. “Why?”

 

“Because I miss you.” You said as you stared at him.

 

Kwangmin’s heart accelerated.

 

“I really miss you, Jo Kwangmin. I’m sor-“

 

Kwangmin rushed towards you and hugged you tight. He started to caress your hair. You closed your eyes and buried your head into his chest.

 

“I miss you too, Jieun-ah. I really do.”

 

He pulled away from the hug but his hands were on your shoulders.

 

“How about hyung?”

 

“He knew about my feelings. He’s the one who told me to look for you. And told me to be happy.” You lowered your head and tears brimmed in your eyes as you remembered his face. Kwangmin hugged you again; tighter.

 

“I will make her happy, hyung. I will.” He said as he caressed your hair.

 

Both of you hugged for a while and slowly pulled away but you were still in his arms. He wiped away your tears and cupped your face.

 

“You wore it.” You smiled as you tugged on his red scarf that you gave to him.

 

“You wore that too.” He said as he glanced at your necklace that he gave you. You smiled and nodded your head.

 

“You told me to treasure it.” You shrugged and slightly shivered. Kwangmin smiled and slightly unwrapped his scarf and wrapped it around your neck and his. You smiled sheepishly and buried your head into his chest again.

 

“I love you, Jo Kwangmin.”

 

“I love you too, Lee Jieun. My pabo Jieun.”

 

Click click ^^

THE END

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all my readers, new readers, old readers, silent readers, emotional readers, emotionless readers;

 

Thank you thank you thankkk youuu for supporting “I’ll Be There” all this time! It was a happy ending for both Jieun and Kwangmin but a sad ending for Youngmin, I’m really sorry for that. >< I hope you enjoyed reading the story! And I also want to apologize for the long hiatus and didn’t complete the story earlier. *kneels on the floor*

Do support my new fanfic : You’re My First featuring INFINITE! Looking forward to seeing you on the comments!

Saranghae! *throw hearts*