Chapter 15

I'll Be There

The bells on the door rang when Kwangmin and you entered the café’. The warm air inside the café’ embraced them from the cold air outside.

“Welcome to our café’!” Jeongmin greeted. He didn't notice it was you because he was too busy cleaning up the counter.

“Ah, ne~” You answered, teasing Jeongmin. “Can I have two cups of coffees please?” you continued and giggled.

Jeongmin heard your voice and quickly turned his head towards your direction. “Ah! Jieun-nuna! Hello Mr. Youngmin!” he greeted as he gave a 90 degrees bow.

 

“Jieun…nuna?” Kwangmin asked, uneasy with how Jeongmin address you.

 

“Ah~ I told them not to call me formally. It makes me feel awkward somehow if they did.” You explained. Kwangmin just nodded.

Both of you pulled the chairs and sat at the counter, waiting for Jeongmin to serve your warm coffees. Kwangmin was then reminded of what had happened earlier about the coffee incident. His cheeks went rosy pink again and he scoffed silently.

 

Jeongmin placed two cups of coffees in front of you. “Enjoy your coffees.” he said and smiled brightly towards both of you. Both of you sipped on the warm coffees while staring at each other and wiped off the foam. Both of you smiled towards each other, still embarrassed of what had happened earlier.

“What’s wrong with you two? Did you two have foam kiss or something early in the morning?” Jeongmin teased.

You almost spurted out the coffee and coughed. Kwangmin chuckled.

“W-what? There’s nothing like that.” You denied while Kwangmin was looking at another place. His smile made his cheeks looked like they were going to burst.

“Right on the spot. 10 marks for Jeongmin!” Jeongmin chuckled.

“Ya! I swear I’m going to cut your salary this month!” You threatened.

Jeongmin put his hands together and apologized. He then ran away to the kitchen while laughing loudly. You cleared your throat and sneakily peek at Youngmin.

“Sorry about that. He has always been mischievous. Don’t bother.”

 

Kwangmin chuckled, “Nope, I don’t. But it’s the truth, you know. About the kiss…” Kwangmin smiled cheekily.

“Ya~ Are you going to tease me too?” You slapped at his shoulder playfully.

Kwangmin laughed at you and continued, “Is he the only worker here?”

“Oh, we have another one. Her name is Sunmi.. Jiyeon also would come to help if she is free.”

‘Ah, her best friend, Jiyeon.’ Kwangmin thought. He remembered his brother told him about that before.

“Jieun-ah~ I’m going first. I’ll come again and pick you up, is that okay?” Kwangmin asked.

“Wae? Do you have to go so soon?” you pouted.

“No, it’s not that. I just don’t want to bother you while you’re working. And your workers will probably be jealous of us.” He smirked at you.

You laughed. “Then, see you later at lunch?”

“Right, lunch.” he waved at her before leaving the store. He pulled out his cellphone and dialed Hyunseong’s number. He waited for Hyunseong to answer as he entered his car.

“Hello?” Hyunseong answered.

“Hyunseong-ah, have you searched for an interior designer?”

“Ne, hyung-nim. I’ve made an appointment. I was about to call you to inform you about this.”

“Great, what time will we be meeting the designer?”

“Umm…” he paused, “what time is it hyung-nim?”

Kwangmin chuckled at Hyunseong’s question. ‘He probably has just woken up from his sleep.’

“It’s 9.30am, wae?”

“The appointment is around 11am. I’ll meet you later at Star Company. You can search the building using GPS, right?”

“Yes, of course. See you later then.” Kwangmin said and hung up on the phone.

He glanced at his watch again. ‘It’s still early. Hmm, let’s just take a walk around the city. It’s been awhile since I walked around Korea.’ Kwangmin thought and started the engine of his car.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Are you that sad after Mr.Youngmin left?” Jeongmin asked as he came out from the kitchen. Sunmi also followed him from behind. She slapped his shoulder, warning him not to tease you again.

“What?” You turned your head towards Jeongmin. “I’m not.” You denied and made Jeongmin scoffed.

“Aigoo, you are so easy to read.” He giggled annoyingly to make you angry.

You glared at him but you couldn’t control your lips from curving a smile. “Ya, come here you!” you exclaimed as you ran after Jeongmin. Jeongmin quickly ran behind Sunmi and used her as a shield.

 

“Ya!” Sunmi shouted. He kept being playful as you tried to catch him. As always, Sunmi would be used as a shield by Jeongmin whenever he couldn’t run away. As you were engrossed in playing around, suddenly the bells at the door rang again. You stopped yourself from running after Jeongmin.

“Welcome to our café’” all of them greeted with weak voices because they were out of breath.

“Hello, Jieun.” A young man greeted with a sweet smile drawn on his face.

“Min…woo?”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hyung-nim!” Hyunseong shouted as he ran towards Kwangmin.

 

“You’re here.” Kwangmin patted Hyunseong’s shoulders as he’s trying to catch his breath. “Why are you running? It’s not like we’re in a hurry.”

 

“Ah~ I don’t know, maybe it’s because I’m used to running after you.” He chuckled.

 

Kwangmin laughed at his statement. “Come, let’s go.” He said as they walked together and entered the building.

 

As they entered, the receptionist smiled brightly at them. “Good morning sir. Can I help you?”

 

“Yes, good morning. We’ve made an appointment with the interior designer.” Kwangmin asked.

 

“What’s your name?”

“Shim Hyunseong.” Hyunseong answered as he was the one who made the appointment.

 

“Ah, ne~ The office at 2nd floor. She is waiting for you.” She said and smiled.

 

“Thank you.” Both of them said and walked to the lift. Hyunseong pressed the 2nd floor button.

 

“So, is she a professional?” Kwangmin asked to Hyunseong, worrying that the interior designs might not come to his expectations later on.

 

“I’m not sure about that but I do know this company has successfully designed for a lot of high class clients.” Hyunseong explained.

 

“Hmm…we’ll see.” Kwangmin muttered.

 

‘Ding!’ Both of them walked out the lift and went to the assistant’s table.

 

“Ah, yes. Mr Shim Hyunseong.” The assistant said as she stood up from her chair and went to the door nearby her desk. She knocked on the door.

 

“Yes, come in.” A voice shouted from inside the room. The secretary slowly opened the door and entered the room. Kwangmin and Hyunseong followed her.

 

“Miss, this is Mr. Shim Hyunseong. He has made an appointment with you today.”

 

“Y-yes. Please have a seat Mr Shim Hyunseong.” She answered but didn’t bother looking at both of them because she’s busy looking for something on her desk. “And you can leave, Jun.”

 

Kwangmin and Hyunseong looked at each other, puzzled by her actions. She then arranged her messy desk full of papers.

 

“I’m sorry. I just transferred here so--.” She didn’t finish her sentence and sighed. She fixed her glasses and turned her focus to both of them. Her eyes widened up.

 

“Youngmin oppa?” she gasped.

 

Kwangmin became alarmed. ‘Who is she? How does she know me; I mean Hyung?’ His eyes searched around her face and the desk, looking for her name to identify her. Hyunseong who was sitting beside him also became a bit panicky but tried to look calm.

“Aigoo. Have you forgotten about me already? I have always come to visit you and Jieun.” She tilted her head, looking at him suspiciously.

 

‘Always visit? She must be someone close.’ Kwangmin thought. “Ah, yes, J-Jiyeon.’ he stuttered as he tried to guess who it was.

 

“Ne! I thought you’ve forgotten about me already!”

 

Kwangmin sighed in relief that he got to guess it right. He almost made his real identity in danger. Hyunseong who froze beside him also became calm and relaxed.

 

“This is my client from the office, Mr. Shim Hyunseong. He asked me to accompany him to choose the interior designs for his restaurant. I hope you can help us with it.”

 

“Yes, of course.” she answered and fixed her glasses again. She grabbed a pen and flipped the pages of her notebook. “So, what is the theme?”

 

Hyunseong glanced at Kwangmin and gulped. Jiyeon looked at both of them, waiting for answers. Kwangmin slightly pulled his chair forward.

 

“Umm, it would be nice if it has modern-classic feel to it.”

“Sorry?” Jiyeon became puzzled because the client was Hyunseong and not Kwangmin, so why is he answering instead of Hyunseong?

“Umm..you see, Mr Shim here requested me to choose the design because he thought I would know the best since I was the one who drew the plan. You wouldn’t mind, would you?” Kwangmin explained confidently so that Jiyeon would believe in him and not suspect anything.

“Ah, of course.” she said and wrote their request in her notebook.

Kwangmin and Hyunseong sighed in relief. Kwangmin felt bad that he had to drag Hyunseong in this matter. At the same time he was glad that he managed to avert the crisis because if he didn’t, who knows what might happen to him and his brother.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Min…woo?”

“Hey, long time no see.” he smiled and slowly approached you.

You blinked her eyes. “Have--a seat.” You stuttered.

Jeongmin and Sunmi cautiously walked away and left both of you alone.

“Who is that?” Sunmi whispered to Jeongmin. “He’s so cute!” she added.

“Who knows? And stop tugging on my clothes!” he shouted in a low voice.

You sat in front of Minwoo and tilted your head, thinking of what you should say. Minwoo chuckled at you.

“Awkward, right?” he asked.

You just grinned and smiled awkwardly. “Can I get you anything? Coffee? Anything?”

“Nah, it’s okay.” Minwoo answered. “So, how have you been?”

“I have been fine. And here I am, managing my own café.’” You answered.

“How about Youngmin hyung?” Minwoo raised his left brow.

“He’s alright. He’s might be walking around the city now.”

“Might be? Why do you sounded unsure? Did you broke up or something?”

“No, we didn’t! He got some day offs from the office, that’s all.”

 

Minwoo nodded his head; his smile seems to be fading away now. The bells at the door rang again. Both of you turned your heads towards the door.

 “Jieun-ah! Let’s go and have our lunch.” Kwangmin said excitedly. But then he glanced at you and saw a guy sitting with you.

‘Who the heck is he?’ he thought, feeling uneasy.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! 

Minwoo is here! Just by reading this chapter, you know what kind of character he'll be playing right? Kekeke, please look forward to the next chapter. :D

Please do subscribe and comment. 

Saranghaeyo readers! heart