Chapter 9

I'll Be There

Donghyun blinked his eyes. He even rubbed his eyes to make sure he’s not dreaming.

“Your twin brother?  You never told me about this before!” Donghyun exclaimed in total shock.

“Calm down, Donghyun. I never told anyone that I have a twin. I’m not really sure why but I never really did.”

 

“Wait, wait, wait.” Donghyun said as he motioned his hand to stop Youngmin from explaining. “Youngmin, please say that you are not thinking what I am thinking right now.” Donghyun looked into Youngmin’s eyes.

“Yes, I am thinking what you are thinking right now, Donghyun.” Youngmin said in a serious voice.

“Err, hyung? Mind telling me what’s going on?” Kwangmin interrupted as he felt confused by the situation.

“Let us go inside first.” Youngmin said as he grabbed his brother’s shoulders tight; preparing himself to tell the truth to his brother.

 

                                                                                                -----------

 

“What’s wrong hyung? Why are both of you are making that expression?”

“Kwangmin, this is Donghyun. He is my friend and also my boss at the company.”

“That doesn’t explain anything.” said Kwangmin coldly.

Donghyun stretched his body and leaned his back against the chair, feeling a little bit angry since he knew what Youngmin was scheming in his head. Youngmin clasped his hands together and looked down, staring on the floor.

“I…have a heart cancer.” He finally said.

“What?!” Kwangmin exclaimed, and suddenly stand up. “Hyung, don’t joke around!” He raised his voice higher.

“Why would I?” he said with a clear voice.

Kwangmin was dumbfounded. He turned his body away and sighed loudly.

“I can’t….live longer, Kwangmin-ah. Just like Appa, I’ll…” Youngmin said weakly. He clasped his hands tightly now. Kwangmin who had turned his body away from his hyung, bit his lower lip. His eyes were already filled with tears. His beloved hyung is going to be taken away just like how his father did.

 

“Impossible…” Kwangmin’s voice cracked. He shook his head as he stared the floor. His tears rolled down his cheeks. “Appa too…” he didn’t finish his sentence. Donghyun who is also there, cupped his face to stop himself from tearing up too.

“I came to ask you for a favour and to get my treatment here. Apparently America is the only place that can support my health until I find a donor or….until I die.” he said and sobbed, almost breaking into tears.

“Kwangmin-ah… I have a favor to ask from you. Please promise me you will do it for me.”

Kwangmin turned his back to his hyung. “I can’t promise you anything unless you tell me what it is.” He bit his lower lip again, his face is wet with tears.

“Please, take my place, and take care of my girlfriend. I want you to be Youngmin”. Youngmin lifted his head. His eyes were teary but Kwangmin could sense his brother‘s determination through his eyes. Donghyun also lifted his head after he heard what his friend just said.

“No way.” they both said at the same time.

“I knew it! You’re going to make it worse! I told you, you’ll kill her Youngmin! Now, you want your brother to b-become you a-a-and replace you?” Donghyun stuttered as he suddenly shouted. “That’s so brilliant. Aish, you’re really brilliant, Jo Youngmin.” he added in a sarcastic tone.

“I can’t do that hyung. I can take your place, but not to become Youngmin. I’ll become a donor. I’ll donate my heart for you!” Kwangmin sniffed and wiped off his endless tears.

“No.” Youngmin answered shortly. “I’m not letting you die for me.” his teary eyes burned with determination.

“Appa too! Hyung too! Why must both of you sacrifice yourself?! Appa died because he didn’t want omma to be a donor too. Appa died so tragically that omma kept blaming herself since then! Of course, I don’t want to lose both of them but look what happened to omma... She has been going through a lot, hyung. We almost grew up without both of our parents, hyung. We’re lucky that omma got herself together and didn’t….kill herself.” Kwangmin said. His body trembled because he was crying a lot.

“Then, what?! You think I am going to accept your heart and let you die? What is the difference? Omma will still lose one of her children!”

Kwangmin was silent. His hyung is right but that doesn’t mean he want to take his hyung's place.

“But, still…I can’t just take your place, hyung. If she knew; if your girlfriend knew, what happened to omma might happen to her too…”

“Please Kwangmin, I’m begging you.” Youngmin got off the chair and knelt down in front of Kwangmin. For your happiness, he’s willing to kneel down to his younger brother. Both Donghyun and Kwangmin were shocked when they saw Youngmin knelt down. Youngmin’s tears rolled down his cheeks uncontrollably.

 

“No….” Kwangmin is still being persistent.

“Youngmin-ah, get up...Think of something else...” Donghyun said as he tried to make Youngmin stop kneeling down. His eyes were also wet with tears. He couldn’t see his friend being like this. Suddenly, Youngmin choked as if he was out of breath and collapsed on the floor.

“Youngmin? Youngmin!” Donghyun shook his body. Kwangmin was panic when he saw his brother collapsed.

“Hyung!”

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you~for reading^^

A bit longer than usual right? I kept editing so that it become shorter. Afraid that it's too long or something. >.< Sorry for lacking a lot~ *bows*

Kwangmin is finally here! LOL. Actually he already here since the last chapter. I'm sorry for making Kwangmin such a crybaby here cause I want to show how much he care for his brother. *bows again*

And as always, please subscribe if you like the story, comment if you are not a silent reader. Comments to improve my writings are highly welcomed.^^ But please don't bash me. T-T

Spread the love and God Bless <3