Seuldy

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

Seulgi was reading over the chart for her new patient, waiting for the original doctor to come brief her. She slumped in her chair and sighed. She was ready to finish this and go home. Seulgi leaned her head back tiredly, but her frown was quickly replaced with a smile when she saw who she’d been waiting for.

 

“Wendy!” Seulgi cheered as she sat back up.

 

“Long day?” Wendy guessed with a laugh.

 

Seulgi pouted and nodded. She grabbed Wendy’s outstretched hand and pulled herself to her feet. She groaned and stretched her arms over her head, smiling when Wendy laughed at her dramatics.

 

“I won’t keep you long then,” Wendy told her. She grabbed the chart Seulgi had and flipped it open. “Kwon Seojung, age eleven. She was admitted into my care because I was working the trauma bay at the time. She was caught in a car accident with her aunt. Aunt made it out with a mild concussion and a broken leg. Seojung has some internal bleeding to clean up. I managed to deal with most of it, but there were some damage I figured would be best to leave for you. She’s okay for maybe another two days, but anything longer than that will cause risk for more damage.”

 

Seulgi nodded along and was relieved it was nothing serious. It was a fairly routine case. “I’ll schedule her surgery for tomorrow afternoon and make morning rounds with her to introduce myself.”

 

“Perfect,” Wendy smiled. She closed the binder and poked Seulgi’s cheek. “Now that we’re done with business, let’s move on to pleasure.”

 

“Pleasure?” Seulgi repeated dumbly. Her hormones made her mind jump straight to the gutter. She was well aware of how attractive Wendy was, bright smile especially. Feelings for Irene aside, Seulgi never asked her out because she just always assumed Wendy was seeing someone. There was no way someone that gorgeous and nice was single.

 

“Come on, Seulgi,” Wendy said, placing a hand on Seulgi’s arm. “We’ve worked together so many times, but we haven’t ever grabbed drinks.”

 

“Guess I just assumed you had better things to do,” Seulgi shrugged.

 

Wendy gave a look of outrage, but the horror was cancelled out by how cute it was with the way her eyes went wide and made a perfect ‘o’. “Better things to do than get drinks with favorite my pediatric surgeon?” She paused and wrinkled her eyebrows. “Don’t tell Yerin I said that.”

 

Seulgi laughed and caved in easily. Maybe grabbing drinks with Wendy would be good for her. Even if nothing romantic came out of it, Seulgi could use more friends.

 

“Friday night,” Wendy told her seriously. “Eight o’clock at the bar across the street. If you don’t come, I’ll have to cancel my subscription for this friendship.”

 

“I’ll be there,” Seulgi promised with a smile.