Wonha

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

As Sowon waited in line for coffee, she wondered about how complicated her life had gotten.

 

It had all started two weeks ago when Eunha had shown up on her doorstep in tears, asking for that drink Sowon had offered. Unable to process what was happening, Sowon dumbly held open the door for her and ushered Eunha onto her couch.

 

Sowon had gotten them tea and listened to Eunha sob about her ruined friendship with Yerin. It had .

 

Now, Sowon suddenly found herself with a new friend. She didn’t really mind. She meant it when she’d thought of Eunha as a good person. It was just sudden. And very intense. Eunha had declared herself dead to Yerin and latched onto Sowon with the kind of force that came with suddenly being at a loss of a close friend.

 

Sowon had tried to tell Eunha that Yerin would be willing to be friends still, but Eunha was in denial and stubbornly insisted even if she was, Eunha wasn’t ready yet. It was hard to argue with that, so Sowon had stopped bringing it up.

 

It was wildly frustrating to be in between the two ex-best friends, but the best she could do for now was be there for Eunha. She would’ve been there for Yerin too, but Yerin had been sulking over a fight she’d had SinB and refused to talk about it. Not to mention, Yerin was currently avoiding Eunha, since Eunha was avoiding her. This meant Yerin was also avoiding Sowon, since Eunha was always with her.

 

Like Sowon had said, her life had gotten very complicated.

 

“How’s my favorite giraffe this morning?”

 

That wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, not with Eunha smiling at her so warmly that Sowon would’ve thought she was the sun.

 

“In desperate need of caffeine,” Sowon replied with a wry smile. “Someone kept me up because she kept sending me pictures of cats.”

 

“They were cute,” Eunha pointed out brightly. “It’s not the worse way to lose sleep, right?”

 

“They were cute,” Sowon grudgingly agreed.

 

Eunha looped arms with her and began talking to her about all the cute cats she had refrained from sending Sowon. This was something Sowon was getting used to. The physical affection. Yerin had always been fairly moderate with her touches, some hugging here and there. Sowon knew Yerin was affectionate and probably would’ve been fine with more but held back for Sowon’s sake. It seemed Eunha was the same in that aspect, except she did not hold back.

 

It had started with brief hugs that quickly escalated into hand holding and tight embraces. All of the touching made Sowon’s head spin, and she wasn’t sure what to do. It sure as hell didn’t help her crush on Eunha.

 

That was probably the worst part. Sowon knew her crush was turning into actual feelings, but she couldn’t do anything. Not now. Not when Eunha needed a friend. For now she just had to suffer.

 

“What do you want for lunch?,” Eunha asked, laying her head on Sowon’s arm.

 

And boy, was she suffering.