Seuldy/Wenjoy/Seulrene

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

Seulgi arrived at the bar half an hour early to calm her jitters. She dressed nicely, unsure of what tonight entailed. She wore tight jeans with a button-down and she knew she looked good. This didn’t stop Seulgi from nervously sipping on her beer. She couldn’t tell if she was like this because it was possibly a date with Wendy or if it was because she’d be seeing Irene later. Probably both.

 

At five minutes past five, Wendy walked through the door, and Seulgi almost choked on her beer. Wendy looked radiant in jeans and a tight-fitting shirt. Recovering from her shock, Seulgi smiled and waved her over to the empty barstool next to her.

 

“Hey, you look great!” Wendy said as she sat down. She noticed the half empty beer in Seulgi’s hand. “Oh, I hope you weren’t waiting too long.”

 

Blushing, Seulgi lied, “There was less traffic than I was expecting, so I got here early on accident. No worries.” She picked at the label on her bottle and added, “You look good too.”

 

After ordering herself a drink, Wendy said, “Thank you! I haven’t been able to go out lately, so I’m glad to be here with you.” She placed her hand on Seulgi’s knee and smiled. “We haven’t seen each other since I invited you out. How’ve you been?”

 

Seulgi was startled by the touch but made small talk with Wendy. She didn’t really mind small talk, but Wendy made it even easier than usual. Wendy was genuinely interested in everything Seulgi said and asked questions to keep the conversation going. Slowly, Seulgi relaxed. Date or not, Wendy was fun to be around.

 

“Now, I’ve got to ask,” Wendy said after their latest topic ran dry. “How does an incredibly attractive surgeon like you stay single?”

 

By being in love with my best friend, Seulgi thought dryly. She definitely couldn’t say that though. Instead, she shrugged and countered, “I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me?”

 

Seulgi smiled when Wendy was flustered by the reply.

 

“I’m not really sure either,” Wendy said finally. “I go on dates every once in awhile, but they never go anywhere.” She looked away, looking insecure for the first time since Seulgi had known her. “Maybe it’s me.”

 

“It’s definitely not you,” Seulgi said immediately. She grabbed Wendy’s hand and held it firmly. “Wendy, you are not only an amazing surgeon, but you are also such a kind-hearted person. Anyone would be lucky to have you.”

 

“She’s right.”

 

Both Seulgi and Wendy startled at the new voice, and Seulgi stared as a pair of arms wrapped around Wendy’s shoulders from behind. Following the arms, Seulgi was surprised to see who the owner was.

 

“Hey, Joy,” Wendy greeted, unperturbed by the touch once she knew who it was.

 

If Chaeyeon Jung was known as the prettiest nurse and Umji Kim the cutest, then Joy Park was most certainly the hottest and she knew it. While in scrubs it was hard to tell, there was no way to miss the curves Joy had with the tight jeans she had on now. Not to mention, the confident smirk on her face and the daring red hair was a bit of a turn on.

 

Seulgi only really knew her professionally with a side of mischief for the betting pool. Seeing her like this was almost like culture shock.

 

Seulgi hadn’t realized Seoul Grace’s resident bad girl was friends with the representative ball of sunshine of surgery. Though, seeing the way Wendy smiled at Joy, Seulgi suddenly realized why Wendy’s dates never went anywhere.

 

“Joy, this is Seulgi, one of the best pediatric surgeons we have,” Wendy said, waving a hand between her two friends. “Seulgi, this is Joy, the best nurse we have.”

 

“Don’t let Chungha hear that or she’ll have the nurses put a strike on against you,” Joy teased, dropping one arm back to her side but lowering the other to hold Wendy’s waist.

 

“You wouldn’t let her do that to me,” Wendy replied with a winning smile.

 

Joy turned to Seulgi with a cool smile, with only a quarter of warmness she had while talking to Wendy. She held out her hand and said, “Nice to see you again, Seulgi. How’s pediatrics doing? Yerin says all of your surgeries have been going exceptionally well.”

 

“We have our days,” Seulgi said modestly, shaking her hand. So Joy knew Yerin too? For someone with such a cool reputation, she sure had a weird habit of befriending all of the sunniest people.

 

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything,” Joy said apologetically, glancing between the Seulgi and Wendy, but Seulgi also saw the flash of jealousy in her eyes.

 

“Not at all,” Seulgi said before Wendy could say anything. She brightened when the door opened again. “My friend just walked in. We could grab a booth and all hang out?”

 

Wendy nodded and dragged Joy to claim a booth while Seulgi walked over to Irene with a smile.

 

“You came,” Seulgi said as she walked up to Irene. She reached out and held Irene’s hand with a smile. “You just saved me.”

 

Irene quirked an eyebrow. “Bad date?”

 

“I’m pretty sure Wendy’s spoken for,” Seulgi laughed, subtly waving at Wendy and Joy.

 

“Wow,” Irene said, eyebrows almost disappearing into her hairline. “Props to her.”

 

“I know, right?” Seulgi giggled. “She doesn’t realize that she’s got Joy wrapped around her finger yet. That’s why I’m glad you’re here to save me from being a total third wheel.”

 

“The things I do for you,” Irene sighed dramatically, still holding Seulgi’s hand to tug her over to where Wendy and Joy were. “If they start being gross, I’m leaving.”

 

Seulgi laughed and squeezed Irene’s hand. “I’ll leave with you.” She followed Irene, but the bar had gotten crowded so they were stuck waiting for people to pass. “I’m glad you’re here,” Seulgi said to her while they waited.

 

“Because you don’t have to be a third wheel anymore?” Irene teased.

 

“No,” Seulgi laughed, “because I like being with you.”

 

Her honest words made Irene’s cheeks turn bright red. Seulgi grinned at the sight, a flicker of hope coming alive. Maybe Wendy wasn’t the only one with someone wrapped around her finger.


A/N: There will be a part 2 to this!