Dosom

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

Doyeon was slumped half-asleep against her best friend since middle school, Yoojung.

 

They only had two hours left of their night shift, but Doyeon felt like she might die in those last two hours. This was her first break. She’d been busy running all over the place for Sowon. While she loved working under her and getting some neurology experience, it didn't make it any less exhausting.

 

“Is it worth downing another energy drink to survive this shift?” Yoojung mumbled.

 

Doyeon managed a tired laugh. “Then you won't get rest for the next shift of death.”

 

“Shift of death?”

 

Doyeon blinked a few times, forcing her half-lidded eyes to open. She squinted for a moment until she realized it was Somi.

 

“Somi!” Yoojung cheered sleepily.

 

Somi grinned and plopped herself across their laps. She was an intern, a few years younger than them, with energy and ambition to spare. She was also very cute and charming. Not that Doyeon noticed or anything. Then again, she was pretty sure everyone knew that Somi was pretty.

 

“Why do you guys look like you got run over with a truck twice?” Somi asked playfully. She had her head in Doyeon’s lap and reached out to play with Doyeon’s fingers. “You still look great though.”

 

Doyeon laughed off the compliment. She debated whether to pull way her fingers, but it was relaxing so she let it be.

 

“It’s been a busy shift,” Yoojung shrugged as she tapped out a random rhythm on Somi’s legs.

 

Somi pouted. “You guys are way more fun when we go out.”

 

Doyeon flicked Somi’s nose and grinned when she whined. “When I've gotten actual rest, I will show you just how fun I can be.”

 

Somi smirked at the suggestion, but before she could say anything, Doyeon’s pager went off.

 

“Why me?” Doyeon groaned. She shoved Somi off of her and stared petulantly at the other two still resting. “Enjoy your rest while you have it, intern.”

 

“I'm not an intern,” Yoojung pointed out.

 

“Enjoy it!” Doyeon cried dramatically as she walked away. Maybe next time she’d get the courage to ask Somi out.

 


A/N: A lot of the beginning oneshots will be just of the girls pining, since there's a lot of setting up to do. Also, how explicit should I be when I get to them actually doing something about their pining?