Napink

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

“Gooood morning!” Kyulkyung sang as she pranced into the kitchen. “Don't give me that look, Nayoung.”

 

Her roommate smiled slightly but otherwise still looked unamused. Nayoung handed Kyulkyung her coffee just the way she liked it without being prompted then took a sip from her own mug.

 

“I'm surprised you're even functioning right now,” Nayoung said dryly. “You were about two seconds from hurling when you stumbled in last night.”

 

“That's how you know it was a good night,” Kyulkyung winked. “Don't worry. I just went out with Doyeon, Yoojung, and Somi again.”

 

“I know. You kept rambling about them last night while I tried to get you into bed,” Nayoung teased.

 

Kyulkyung blushed at her drunken actions but also at Nayoung’s unintentional double entendre. While the older girl might not realize it, Kyulkyung would date her in a heartbeat. She was smart and reliable, stable in a way Kyulkyung didn't want to be but still needed in her life. However, they'd been living together for a year now, and nothing had happened. Maybe Kyulkyung should just give up.

 

“I gotta get to my shift,” Nayoung said as she finished up her coffee. She put her mug in the sink and grabbed her keys and jacket. “See you later.” She brushed by Kyulkyung and dropped a kiss on the top of her head, leaving like that had been a normal occurrence.

 

Kyulkyung blinked after her dumbfoundedly. If she had already waited for a year, what was a few more months?