Sinrin

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

“I can’t believe I’m letting you name my cat Minerva.”

 

“What do you have against the goddess of war and wisdom?”

 

Yerin gave SinB a long stare before shaking her head and pushing the shopping cart forward. She walked through the aisles, pausing every so often to toss in things from her list of cat necessities. As she did this, Yerin continuously snuck glances at her girlfriend who was still cuddling the newly adopted kitten. Or, Minerva as SinB would have it. Minerva was a tiny tabby cat that had stolen SinB’s heart as soon as she laid eyes on it, and Yerin just knew they’d be going home with her.

 

Not that Yerin could really complain. It had been her idea to get a cat, but she hadn’t realized that she wouldn’t have much of a say in which cat. Honestly, Yerin should work on her immunity toward SinB’s puppy dog eyes. With another fondly exasperated sigh, Yerin tossed in some cat food as SinB cooed over Minerva.

 

“You’re hogging the cat,” Yerin teased as they got into line to pay. “Here I am, spending all my money on her, but all she’s done is cuddle with you.”

 

“She loves me,” SinB gloated, and as if to prove her point, Minerva leaned up and butted SinB’s chin with a look of pure adoration. “You’re just jealous.”

 

Yerin rolled her eyes and stepped forward to pay. As she watched the cashier scan everything, SinB stepped up next to her and dangled Minerva in her face. Yerin tried not to smile, but the kitten was too cute. Breaking into a smile, Yerin plucked her from SinB’s grasp and cuddled her to her chest.

 

“Looks like that kitten will have a very loving home with her mommies,” the cashier remarked with a warm grin.

 

Yerin and SinB looked at each other then away as they blushed. They thanked the cashier after Yerin paid and lugged everything out to the car. SinB was reluctant to put Minerva in the carrier, but when Yerin pointed out it was for her own protection, SinB complied with a pout.

 

As soon as they got to Yerin’s apartment, Minerva scampered out of her carrier and disappeared into one of the rooms. Yerin wandered off to find her while SinB started unpacking everything. After Yerin found Minerva snooping in Yerin’s t-shirt drawer, Yerin scooped the kitten into her arms and walked back into her living room to see SinB had set up the litter box and the scratching post that reminded Yerin of a treehouse.

 

“Thanks, babe,” Yerin smiled, kissing SinB’s cheek.

 

SinB shrugged, embarrassed, before bending down to coo at Minerva. Yerin let SinB play with Minerva while she put up Minerva’s other things like her food and toys. When Yerin finished, she found SinB sprawled out on her couch with Minerva curled up on her stomach. Careful not to disturb Minerva, Yerin squished herself between the back of the couch and SinB.

 

“Don’t you think your couch is a little small for this?” SinB asked with an amused grin.

 

“I think it’s perfect,” Yerin retorted. She kissed SinB then pulled away with a pleased grin when SinB chased after her lips. “See? Perfect for kissing.”

 

SinB rolled her eyes, “Okay, you’ve proved your point. Now come here.”

 

The two of them laid on Yerin’s couch, trading lazy kisses and touches while Minerva napped on SinB. Eventually, SinB’s stomach growled loud enough for Yerin to break their kiss with a laugh. She tried to climb over SinB, but then SinB stopped her by wrapping her arms around her waist.

 

“Stop,” Yerin giggled. “I’m trying to feed you.”

 

“Feed me another way,” SinB replied coyly. Disregarding the kitten between them, SinB leaned up and kissed Yerin. It was a passionate kiss, SinB’s tongue and teeth teasing Yerin in a maddening way. Without thinking, Yerin leaned down to get closer. However, doing that squished and woke up Minerva, which consequently scared her, making her dig her nails into SinB. “Ow, ow, ow!” SinB yelled.

 

Yerin startled so badly that she fell off the couch with a thud. Rubbing her hip where she landed, she stared up at SinB in bewilderment. Once it sunk in what had happened, Yerin burst into laughter.

 

“Yeah, yeah,” SinB sighed, grinning despite herself at the adorable sight of her girlfriend on the floor beaming up at her. “Laugh it up. It’s not like your cat nearly tore out my organs or anything.”

 

“Oh, so now she’s my cat?” Yerin teased. “One little scratch and you don’t love her anymore?”

 

“I never said that,” SinB scowled. “I’m allowed to be hurt though.” She wrinkled her nose then added, “And annoyed that Minerva totally ruined the moment. I didn’t even think about what havoc a cat could have on our life.”

 

Yerin leaned down and gave her a quick peck. Winking, she told her, “Don’t worry. We’ll work on it.”


A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Now that I'm back at school, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update, but I will try to as frequently as I can :)