Seulrene (Scroll down for important A/N)

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

Irene never considered having kids. She didn’t really consider herself all that maternal. She figured it just wasn’t really in the cards for her. But then Kang Seulgi came into her life with those bright grins and that infectious laughter.

 

It was almost the end of Irene’s shift when she happened to walk by the ER where she spotted her girlfriend. Wanting to say hi, she walked closer and saw she was sitting next to a little girl. Irene stopped about a hundred feet away, blending in with the flurry of doctors walking around.

 

Seulgi seemed to be telling a story, gesturing wildly and making the most ridiculous facial expressions. The girl was obviously loving it though because her eyes were wide and her lips were pulled up into a wide grin. Seulgi then said something that had the girl burst into laughter, clutching her stomach and giggling loud enough for Irene to hear her.

 

Curious, Irene walked closer just in time to hear Seulgi say, “That’s why you shouldn’t try to eat more than ten burgers, especially if you’re drinking a milkshake.”

 

Unable to stop herself, Irene laughed, drawing the attention of both Seulgi and the girl.

 

“Irene!” Seulgi grinned. She stood up immediately and grabbed Irene’s arm to drag her closer to the suddenly shy girl. “Irene, this is Jihee! Her older brother is getting examined right now, so I thought I’d keep her company.”

 

“By telling her about your misadventures with food?” Irene quirked an eyebrow with an amused smirk.

 

Seulgi just laughed and nodded. “She said she loves burgers, so I felt the need to warn her against eating too many.”

 

“I think you’re one of few to think that’s a good idea,” Irene told her with a smile. She turned to the girl and kneeled down so they were eye-to-eye. “It’s nice to meet you, Jihee. Thanks for keeping my girlfriend company. She’s kind of a handful.”

 

At Seulgi’s indignant, “Hey!” Jihee laughed and then said, “You’re welcome. She’s funny.”

 

“Yeah, she is,” Irene nodded.

 

“Are you a doctor too?” Jihee asked.

 

Irene tapped her temple and said, “Yep, I work on brains.”

 

“Cool!” Jihee exclaimed, eyes widening. “I want to do that too!”

 

“When I told you I worked with kids, you thought it was lame,” Seulgi huffed, crossing her arms dramatically.

 

“She works on brains!” Jihee retorted with a laugh. “That is way cooler!”

 

Before Seulgi could reply, Jihee’s name was called and the little girl scampered off to be with her mother.

 

“You hear that? I’m way cooler than you,” Irene teased, bumping shoulders with Seulgi.

 

Seulgi just shook her head with a faint smile and asked, “You think I’m cool, don’t you?”

 

Irene took a moment to reply, imagining Seulgi in a few years with a child of their own. She imagined them just like Seulgi and Jihee just now, arguing over who was cooler. Irene felt warm as she replied with a kiss on Seulgi’s cheek, “I think you’re the coolest.”

 


A/N: Thank you for everyone who has given this story so much love. The next chapter, the 50th, will be the last and will feature all of the ships. Once again, thank you for all of the kind support.