Napink

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Kyulkyung’s first reaction was pure panic at getting caught spacing out when she was supposed to be filling out charts, but once she recognized the voice, she relaxed. She looked up and smiled, patting the empty chair next to her.

 

“Are you going to tell me what was on your mind?” Nayoung asked as she sat down next to her.

 

You, was Kyulkyung’s first thought. She almost blushed at the immediate answer and said instead, “Thinking about what to do for dinner. We haven’t gone grocery shopping lately, and I don’t want any cafeteria food.”

 

“I get off earlier than you, so I can pick something up on the way home,” Nayoung offered. “What are you in the mood for?”

 

“Pasta?” Kyulkyung asked hopefully, clasping her hands under her chin and beaming.

 

Nayoung laughed at her silliness and nodded. She reached out and poked Kyulkyung’s shoulder. “Should I be expecting you to leave and then stumble home at three a.m. again?”

 

“Not all of us are homebodies, Dr. Lim,” Kyulkyung told her sassily.

 

“I just wanted to know when you’d be home, so I know if you’re safe,” Nayoung said with a frown.

 

Kyulkyung suddenly felt bad, seeing the worry on Nayoung’s face. She grabbed Nayoung’s hand and gave it a squeeze. “That’s very sweet of you, but I won’t be going out for a while, so there will be no three a.m. stumbling.”

 

“You can go out if you want,” Nayoung told her with furrowed brows. “I don’t really care if you go out as long as you’re safe.”

 

Kyulkyung just about melted. It was no wonder she had fallen for the older woman when she’d always been so kind and understanding.

 

“How about this?” Kyulkyung said. “We can stay in tonight with our pasta and have a movie night. Like I said, I’m not going out, and it’s not because I feel like I can’t. Maybe I just want to spend time with you, Dr. Lim.” She said the last part with a teasing smile.

 

To her amusement, Nayoung’s cheeks pinked up.

 

“If you really want,” Nayoung said.

 

Kyulkyung rolled her eyes. “Yes, I really want. However, this also means you need to pick up popcorn and movie snacks on the way home too.”

 

“Deal, but you have to pick the movie.”

 

“Deal.”