Sinrin/Wonha/Yumji

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

A/N: This chapter is mainly SinRin, but it involves mending Yerin and Eunha's friendship, which is why the other ships are in the title since they are present and mentioned.


 

“You look beautiful,” SinB said, as per her duty as supportive girlfriend.

 

Yerin ignored her and continued to fidget with the floral dress she had on. It was the third outfit she’d tried on, and she still looked like she was going to change again as she stared in the mirror. This was the most nervous SinB had ever seen her. Not even a surgery with a twenty percent success rate on a four year-old had fazed Yerin. It was amusing that having some friends over had her this worked up. Sure, one of the friends had tried to date her, but it could’ve been worse.

 

“Hey,” SinB said softly as she walked up behind Yerin. She wrapped her arms around her waist and rested her head on Yerin’s shoulder.  She waited until Yerin met her eyes in the mirror and smiled. “You’re kind of amazing, you know that?”

 

“Only kind of?” Yerin joked, relaxing in SinB’s arms. “I think I deserve at least a really.”

 

“You’re really amazing,” SinB amended with a kiss to Yerin’s cheek. “You’re so amazing that tonight will go fine.”

 

“Tonight where my best friend who hasn’t spoken to me since we kissed is coming over?” Yerin sassed, the hands she had over SinB’s tightening their grip almost painfully.

 

SinB glared and said, “I’m trying to be more supportive and less jealous about this whole thing, but if you keep bringing up the fact that Eunha has kissed you, I will throw my drink in her face.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Yerin smiled apologetically, turning to kiss SinB gently.

 

She intended for the kiss to be chaste, but SinB deepened it, pulling her in with one hand sliding into her hair. While she was trying not to be jealous for Yerin’s sake, SinB had a jealous streak a mile wide and she just wanted to remind Yerin why she chose her. Yerin moaned into the kiss and placed her hands on SinB’s neck to keep her close. Also, SinB just loved kissing Yerin and could never tire of Yerin’s soft lips, the way they felt as they moved against her own. The hand SinB had around Yerin’s waist slid down and squeezed her , making Yerin bite SinB’s lip with a short whimper.

 

Smirking, SinB slid a hand under Yerin’s dress, but just as her fingers brushed against rough lace, the doorbell rang. Yerin jumped away from her like she was fire, eyes wide like she’d been caught doing something wrong.

 

“Will you get that, babe?” Yerin asked hurriedly as she went to the bathroom. Though SinB could no longer see her, she clearly heard the frustration in Yerin’s voice as she complained, “You messed up my hair, you brat!”

 

SinB chuckled to herself, ridiculously pleased despite being interrupted. She did as she was told and answered the door to Yerin’s apartment, relieved when it was just Umji and Yuju rather than Sowon and Eunha. She did not want to have to officially meet them by herself.

 

“Are you sure I don’t need to find a new roommate yet?” Umji asking jokingly as SinB let them in. “This is the first time I’ve seen you this week.”

 

“Liar, we had dinner together two days ago,” SinB countered. “Just say you miss me.”

 

Umji stuck her tongue out at her and laughed, giving SinB a hug before making way for Yuju to come in.

 

“You’ve got some lipstick on your face,” Yuju teased as soon as she walked in.

 

SinB glared at her and rubbed at her lips to get rid of whatever was left of Yerin’s lipstick. She followed them into the living room and told them to sit while she got them drinks. SinB was able to maneuver her way through Yerin’s apartment with relative ease because she was over constantly since they got together. When she came back, Yerin had finished freshening up with not a single strand of hair out of place.

 

“I love how you decorated your apartment,” Umji said as she took the glass SinB handed her. “It’s not what I expected but in a good way.”

 

It hadn’t been what SinB had expected either honestly. She’d thought Yerin’s apartment would’ve been as bright and cheery as her, full of pastels and fluffy things. To her surprise, when she came over for the first time, she walked into the living room and was greeted by clean white walls, a sensible grey couch, and a few yellow throw pillows that revealed just whose apartment it was. The rest of the apartment was similar, full of practicality with random bursts of color to liven it up a bit.

 

“I can be adult when I want to be,” Yerin winked playfully. She held out her hand and tugged SinB over to sit next to her on the couch while Umji and Yuju sat across from them in the love seat. “How’d that case from the ER turn out, Yuju?”

 

SinB leaned against Yerin and watched as Yerin and Yuju talked about resecting bowels. She’d been worried when Yuju was terribly awkward around every time she saw Yerin outside of the hospital, but Yerin wore her down and got her comfortable. It meant more than SinB would like to admit that Yerin got along with her friends.

 

When the doorbell rang once more, SinB flinched, glancing worriedly at Yerin.

 

Yerin just smiled tightly and excused herself to get the door.

 

“Ready to meet your competition?” Yuju joked, but she quickly apologized when SinB just glared at her. “I was just trying to help with the tension, sorry,” she explained contritely. “Is there anything I can do to actually help?”

 

SinB shrugged and glanced to where she could hear the soft murmur of Yerin talking. “There’s not much to do besides make sure things don’t get too awkward.”

 

“I can do that,” Yuju nodded fervently.

 

Umji gave a smile mixed of fondness and exasperation. “You’re going to regret that. Yuju can ramble for ages.”

 

“You love it,” Yuju countered with mock offense.

 

“Yes, unfortunately I do,” Umji said and kissed Yuju’s cheek.

 

SinB jokingly gagged but before she could do more, Yerin walked back into the living room with Sowon and Eunha. Immediately, SinB stood up, Umji and Yuju following her example.

 

“SinB, this is Eunha and Sowon,” Yerin introduced them, a line of tension in her voice. “Eunha and Sowon, these are SinB’s friends, Yuju and Umji.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you!” Umji said cheerfully, full of kindness and sincerity as she always was. She shook both of their hands before letting Yuju do the same.

 

“Nice to meet you,” SinB said, trying to make sure her voice wasn’t too curt, as she shook their hands as well. She focused on not squeezing the life out of Eunha’s hand and smiled blandly. She just had to remember that if Eunha hadn’t made a move, Yerin wouldn’t have realized her feelings. “I hope you’re hungry. Yerin’s made enough food to feed an army,” SinB said in an effort to seem more friendly.

 

“Did she make tofu soup?” Eunha asked curiously.

 

“Of course, I couldn’t just forget your favorite, now could I?” Yerin answered happily and started to herd people into the dining area.

 

SinB let her push her into the other room, frowning. She knew that Yerin had known Eunha for much longer than she knew SinB, but it still stung to know there was still so much they didn’t know about each other. SinB sighed but plastered a smile on her face when Yerin looked at her. She was being ridiculous. Yerin wanted to be with her. She knew that. It was just a lot to deal with. She was an adult. She could do this.

 

“Come on, SinB,” Eunha said, and SinB felt strangely on guard by the way Eunha eyed her. “We have so much to talk about.”

 

SinB sighed. It was going to be a long night.