Eunrin

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

Yerin was looking over a chart when a cup of coffee suddenly appeared in front of her face. She looked up and smiled. She took the cup and sipped at it with a satisfied hum. It was just how she liked it.

 

“Thanks, Eunha,” Yerin said. “I’ve been craving coffee all day.”

 

“You’re welcome,” Eunha smiled and sat down next to her on the couch in the attendings’ lounge. “Even though it did give me the excuse to buy you a cup, why didn’t you just get one for yourself?”

 

“I’ve been trying to cut back on the caffeine,” Yerin admitted with a laugh. “However, since you bought it for me, I can’t just let your thoughtfulness go to waste, now can I?”

 

“That would be very rude,” Eunha nodded, going along with the excuse. She held Yerin’s hand casually and pulled it into her lap. “And as a thank you for my thoughtfulness, you should take me out tonight.”

 

“Sure,” Yerin shrugged. “Give me the time and place.”

 

Yerin went along with the skinship easily. Both her and Eunha enjoyed physical affection, so it’d always been a large part of their friendship. While others found it weird how touchy they were with each other, Yerin merely thought it was a nice way of showing how much they liked each other. She’d known Eunha for years and she showed her comfort with her through skinship.

 

“I was thinking that place on Fourth Street, Kukuri?” Eunha replied, playing with Yerin’s fingers. “I’ve been craving sushi.”

 

“Isn’t that place kind of romantic?” Yerin asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

 

Eunha’s fingers froze. “Is that a problem?”

 

“Uh,” Yerin said, pausing for a moment to think. “Are you asking me out on a date, Eunha?”

 

“Maybe I am,” Eunha said softly, looking at Yerin through long eyelashes.

 

Yerin didn’t say anything for a moment, feeling her mind whirring as it tried to keep up with what just happened. Her thoughts immediately jumped to SinB, and she immediately scolded herself for it. SinB wasn’t her girlfriend. She was just the hot resident that kept her bed warm. More importantly was the fact that Eunha was one of her closest friends, and she had never suspected that the other woman had feelings for her. Yerin wasn’t sure what to say. She obviously got along with Eunha very well, but she had never considered her in that way. Eunha was cute though, and maybe going out with her would finally get her to stop sleeping with SinB…

 

First things first, Yerin asked, “Why didn’t you ever say something?”

 

“I guess I wasn’t even sure,” Eunha admitted. “I feel something for you, Yerin, and I’m willing to find out what it is if you are.”

 

“Then I’m saying yes,” Yerin said finally.

 

Eunha sat up straight, trying to hide her excitement. “Really?”

 

“Yes,” Yerin repeated.

 

“Oh, you have no idea I’m relieved to hear that!” Eunha smiled.

 

She pulled her into a hug, and Yerin went willingly, slipping her arms around Eunha’s waist. They hugged many times before, but this felt different. Yerin wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or bad thing.