Sechung/Chaejeong

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

Sejeong hadn’t quite believed Chaeyeon when she said that Chungha would be meeting them for lunch. Yet, here she was, sitting in the hospital’s cafeteria with Chaeyeon beside her and Chungha across from her. It felt almost like a strange dream.

 

“Do you think Irene would date Seulgi?”

 

Sejeong tuned back in mid-conversation and blinked in confusion. “What?”

 

“That’s what you get for not listening,” Chaeyeon scolded her playfully. “I asked Chungha if she thought Irene would date Seulgi.”

 

“Bae and Kang?” Sejeong said, eyebrows furrowing. For some reason, she’d always thought Irene was straight. When she said this aloud, Chungha snorted.

 

“Irene is at the very least biual,” Chungha told her confidently. When Sejeong just stared at her in pure puzzlement, Chungha rolled her eyes. “At last year’s fundraising event, I danced, remember?”

 

Sejeong nodded. Chungha, SinB, Yoojung, and Seulgi had all done a dance cover of Infinite’s ‘Be Mine.’ It’d been wildly successful in raising money for the hospital, and it’d been all the staff had been able to talk about for weeks. It was a wonder how everyone didn’t recognize them after that.

 

“Irene was a little too into the performance, if you know what I mean,” Chungha said with a smirk.

 

“I’m pretty sure everyone was a little gay for all of you after that dance,” Chaeyeon pointed out with an amused smile.

 

“Then that just proves everyone’s a little gay,” Chungha joked.

 

Sejeong just watched as Chaeyeon and Chungha joked some more about the uality of the hospital in its entirety. She felt like she was imagining this all. She didn’t even think Chaeyeon and Chungha knew each other that well, but they certainly were acting like they got along well. Sejeong picked at her fries with a slight frown. It almost felt fake.

 

“What’s wrong?” Chaeyeon asked, poking her cheek playfully.

 

“Just thinking about a surgery I have tomorrow,” Sejeong lied. Chaeyeon nodded, believing her, but Sejeong saw the way Chungha subtly raised an eyebrow at her to say she wasn’t as easily fooled.

 

Chaeyeon’s pager went off, and the nurse sighed. “How is it that I get called away before the surgeon?” Chaeyeon asked dryly. Sejeong chuckled and Chungha shrugged. “Okay, bye guys. Sejeong, I’ll see you tonight.” Chaeyeon kissed Sejeong briefly before waving to Chungha and leaving.

 

Now left alone, Chungha was staring down at her salad with a slight tick to her eyebrow, meaning she was trying not to look as frustrated as she was.

 

“So, uh,” Sejeong started awkwardly, “I was surprised when Chaeyeon told me that you were gonna be eating with us today.”

 

Chungha gave a half-smile and said, “Your girlfriend is pretty convincing when she wants to be, you know that?”

 

“She can be stubborn,” Sejeong agreed. She hesitated and said, “Chaeyeon said she wanted to meet more of my friends, but to be honest, there’s you and then some of my friends from college, but not much else.”

 

“Most would be surprised to hear that,” Chungha told her, smile growing. “You always look like such a social butterfly.”

 

“Just because I can talk to people doesn’t mean I become good friends with all of them,” Sejeong shrugged. “Anyways, my best friend from college, Nayoung– do you remember her?” When Chungha nodded, Sejeong continued, “She’s in town next week, and I wanted to introduce Chaeyeon to her, since I met one of Chaeyeon’s college friends.”

 

“Am I going to be a buffer again?” Chungha asked wryly, amusement and slight annoyance laced through her voice.

 

Sejeong blushed, knowing she was asking a lot. “Yes, I’m sorry. It’s just– you know Nayoung already.”

 

“I do,” Chungha nodded, “which is how I know she can’t even hurt a fly, let alone scare away Chaeyeon.”

 

“I just want it to go well,” Sejeong admitted sheepishly. “I like her a lot.”

 

Chungha suddenly softened, but before Sejeong can ask, Chungha agreed to coming.

 

“At least I’ll have Nayoung to gag with when you and Chaeyeon get too lovey dovey,” Chungha said, smile not quite genuine, but Sejeong didn’t feel like it was her place anymore to ask. Instead, Sejeong just laughed and threw a fry at Chungha. Maybe they could get back to where they once were one day.


A/N: It's been a while, and you can blame school and my awful writer's block for that. I’m sorry basically nothing happens in this chapter, but it’s because I can’t decide who Sejeong should end up with! Who do you want her to end up with? Also, who do you think Nayoung wants Sejeong to end up with?