All

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

It had only been ten minutes, and SinB was already itching to change out of her suit. It was ridiculously expensive, courtesy of Yerin’s insistence and paycheck, and just knowing how much the thing had cost made SinB wary to even leave the apartment. However, it was Seoul Grace Hospital’s annual fundraising gala, so as a doctor begging for money, she knew she needed to look her best.

 

SinB was hiding by the bar, a scotch in her hand, as she watched as Yerin flutter from donor to donor, probably getting a ton of money for pediatrics. SinB was content to watch her for now, preferring to wait until the donors were a bit more tipsy before chatting them up. She watched Yerin charm donors for about twenty minutes before she came back to her with a bright smile and flushed cheeks.

 

“Having fun hiding?” Yerin teased as she gave SinB a quick peck. She stole the scotch from SinB and took a sip, grimacing at the burn and promptly handing it back. “That’s disgusting. I don’t know why you drink that.”

 

“I drink it so I can look cool obviously,” SinB joked as she waved over the bartender to order Yerin a glass of wine. After ordering, SinB turned back to Yerin, admiring how good she looked tonight. Yerin had curled her hair, sweeping her bangs to the side, and wore a blush pink dress that showed off a hint of cleavage. “You look beautiful,” SinB told her sincerely, enjoying the way Yerin turned the same color as her dress at the compliment.

 

“You don’t look so bad yourself, Dr. Hwang,” Yerin replied with a smirk.

 

SinB leaned in and kissed Yerin, sliding a hand over her waist. She knew she shouldn’t take it too far with donors around, so after a few kisses, SinB pulled back and her lips. She chuckled at the dazed look Yerin wore and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

 

“Here you go,” SinB said, handing Yerin her wine from the bartender. “Now, you’re ready to go schmooze some more.”

 

“Join me?” Yerin asked with a coy smile.

 

“In a little bit,” SinB promised. She took a small sip of her scotch as she scanned the room, spotting Umji trapped in a conversation with a sleazy-looking man. “I’ll need another scotch before I do that, and right now, Umji needs some help.”

 

“How chivalrous,” Yerin grinned. She kissed SinB once more before walking away.

 

SinB made her way over to Umji, slipping her arm through hers casually. “Hi there,” SinB greeted the man, trying to keep her annoyance at bay. She could feel how tense Umji was and wondered what the man had said. “I’m Dr. SinB Hwang. I work in Cardiothoracic surgery.”

 

The man stuttered a reply before promptly excusing himself. As soon as he left, Umji relaxed and turned to SinB with a relieved smile.

 

“Thanks for saving me,” Umji said. “I tried to excuse myself twice, but he wouldn’t let me go.”

 

“No problem,” SinB shrugged. “Where’s Yuju? Isn’t it technically her job to fend people off?”

 

“Why, because we’re dating?” Umji laughed.

 

SinB nodded and joked, “Of course. If someone tried to hit on Yerin, I’d be at liberty to knock them out.”

 

“Sounds like the whole Chaeyeon and Sejeong thing,” Umji laughed.

 

“Right!” SinB exclaimed. “I can’t believe I missed that. What ended up happening with all of them?”

 

Umji looked around the room for a moment before pointing out Sejeong dancing with Chungha. The two of them held each other close, talking and giggling. It could’ve been something friendly, but SinB snorted into her scotch when she noticed Sejeong’s hand dipping lower than was appropriate more than once.

 

“So Sejeong and Chungha are dating now?” SinB asked.

 

“Yep,” Umji nodded. “After the whole punching incident, I think Sejeong finally got her head out of her and confessed.”

 

Sejeong pulled Chungha off the dance floor over to where Chaeyeon was standing with Heehyun.

 

“Looks like they got things all cleared up,” Umji observed. “We can say hi to them later. Let’s go find out where Yuju went off to.”

 

After some walking around, Umji and SinB found Yuju with Sowon, Eunha, and Yerin by the stage. The four of them were all giggling about something as Umji and SinB walked up.

 

“There you are!” Yuju exclaimed. She gave Umji a brief kiss. “I was trying to find you earlier.”

 

“Shame on you for not protecting your girlfriend from the sleazes here,” SinB told her as she wrapped an arm around Yerin’s waist.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yuju apologized immediately, pressing a kiss to Umji’s temple. “I ran into an old classmate before I found Sowon and them.”

 

“What were all of you laughing about when we got here?” Umji asked.

 

“We’re trying to decide who’s gonna sneak away to a closet first,” Sowon answered with a sly grin. She waved a hand over to where Seulgi, Irene, Joy, and Wendy were all standing. “Seulgi looks really good in that suit, but Joy looks really hot in that dress. It’s a matter of who’ll snap first, Irene or Wendy.”

 

“I said Irene,” Eunha said, “but Sowon insists that it’ll be Wendy.”

 

“What’s your opinion on this?” SinB asked her girlfriend.

 

Yerin feigned innocence and said, “I’m taken. I don’t think about other women having .”

 

“Right,” SinB snorted.

 

“What does that say about mine and Sowon’s relationship then?” Eunha huffed.

 

SinB smirked and said nothing, excusing herself to go speak with a donor. Eunha rolled her eyes at the resident’s behavior, silently promising to get back at her when they were on shift together.

 

Eunha and Sowon had been together for a few months now, and she thought they were happy. Obviously not as sickeningly sweet as Yuju and Umji were, but Eunha was happy. They’d taken to alternating whose apartment they’d be staying at, and it was just really nice. It was easy and fun, but there was also the hint of seriousness that told her Sowon was in it for the long run.

 

“What’s going on in that beautiful mind of yours?” Sowon asked, jolting Eunha out of her thoughts.

 

“Thinking about how much ice cream you’ll owe me when I win this bet,” Eunha replied smartly.

 

“You guys bet on weird things,” Umji told her as she wrinkled her nose.

 

“Not all of us can be the poster couple for soft lesbians,” Eunha told her with a teasing grin.

 

“You make it seem like Yuju and I are perfect or something,” Umji rolled her eyes.

 

Yuju smiled and nudged her girlfriend, “Maybe we are perfect.”

 

“You know what’d make you perfect?” Umji said. “If you got me another drink.”

 

Yuju laughed and tugged her girlfriend away to do as she was told, leaving Sowon, Eunha, and Yerin. Now that it was just them, Eunha turned to Yerin and said, “You know Seulgi. You’re both peds. Let’s see if you can’t help me win.”

 

“That’s cheating!” Sowon whined, but Eunha ignored her and dragged Yerin over to wear Seulgi was.

 

As Eunha and Yerin walked over, Seulgi was trying not to blush at what Irene was whispering in her ear. It was the easiest way to spend the night, much more enjoyable than talking to donors. Seulgi was really good at getting donations, but she didn’t really enjoy it. It all felt too fake for her, even if the whole point of the gala was to get money. She just didn’t have the taste for it, unlike her colleague who was walking over to her.

 

“Hey, Yerin,” Seulgi greeted with an easy smile. “Have you gotten us a lot of money yet?”

 

“More than enough,” Yerin reassured her.

 

She had this weird look on her face, Seulgi noticed, as did the woman beside her. Was it… Eunbi? Eunha? That’s the name, Eunha. They were both staring at her like they were expecting something.

 

“Was there something you needed?” Seulgi asked awkwardly.

 

Yerin smiled, almost nonchalant but Seulgi knew her too well not to see the sharpness to her gaze. “Just wanted to see how your night was going,” Yerin replied.

 

“Yerin, hi!” Irene said after pretending she hadn't been interrupted. She gave Yerin a brief hug, and Seulgi watched the interaction carefully. “Long time no see.”

 

“Things have been busy,” Yerin shrugged. “We’re all dating now,” she added with a laugh.

 

“Doctors dating doctors,” Irene nodded as she looped arms with Seulgi. “Seems almost unfair.”

 

“Probably,” Yerin nodded. “Well, I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I’d actually better go find SinB.”

 

“You’ll have to tell me about her sometime,” Irene said, and Seulgi looked down at her curiously for her tone. Then she realized what she meant when Yerin’s eyes wandered over to her as she replied, “Same goes for you. Good night, you two.”

 

With that, Yerin walked away with Eunha. Eunha seemed to be upset at Yerin for something, but Yerin just shrugged and handed Eunha the wine she’d been holding. Well, that was weird.

 

“You okay?”

 

Seulgi glanced down to see Irene furrowing her brows. Smiling slightly, she kissed her forehead, pleased when her brows smoothed out immediately. “Nothing,” Seulgi reassured her, “I just thought Yerin was acting kind of weird.”

 

“Yerin is always kind of weird,” Irene laughed. She tugged Seulgi closer and kissed her gently. “Now, where were we before they stole your attention away?”

 

“I was telling you that I am not sneaking out with you,” Seulgi replied with a chuckle.

 

“Don’t be a party pooper,” Irene pouted.

 

Overhearing their conversation, Joy said, “Seulgi is always a party pooper, but then again, so is Wendy.” She smiled unapologetically at Seulgi, but she also kissed Wendy to soothe her huff of indignance. “Is Irene trying to get you to do something dirty, Seulgi?”

 

Seulgi immediately blushed and shook her head, “No!”

 

Joy rolled her eyes and looked to Irene. “I feel your pain. I’ve been trying to convince Wendy since we walked in.”

 

“Don’t tell people that!” Wendy hissed, turning as red as Seulgi. “This is so not the time or place for that!”

 

“It’s always time for that,” Joy grinned.

 

“You’re so embarrassing!” Wendy cried, burying her face in her hands. Joy laughed and wrapped her arms around Wendy in a comforting hug before walking the two of them away, presumably to try and convince her to sneak out.

 

“I’m glad they’re together,” Irene commented as she laid her head on Seulgi’s shoulder. “It’s strange. A lot of people have realized their feelings for one another lately.”

 

“Maybe it’s the cooler water,” Seulgi joked.

 

Irene chuckled and kissed Seulgi’s cheek sweetly. “Then I’m very glad to have had some. Come on, let’s try and save Wendy. Whatever Joy is saying has her redder than a tomato.”

 

While Irene walked with away Seulgi, the spot was quickly filled by a beaming Kyulkyung as she pulled Nayoung after her. It was their first official outing as a couple, and Kyulkyung was excited to show off her girlfriend. She’d already introduced Nayoung to Yoojung, Doyeon, and Somi, but this would be the first time Kyulkyung would be meeting any of Nayoung’s friends.

 

“Here.”

 

Suddenly, a flute of champagne was shoved in Kyulkyung’s face and when she turned to Nayoung questioningly, Nayoung shrugged and said, “You seem nervous.” Taking the champagne, Kyulkyung took a small sip. Nayoung was right. She was pretty nervous. All of Nayoung’s friends were attendings. They’d already said hello to Sowon and Yerin, but that had just been a passing greeting.

 

“Look who we have here!”

 

Kyulkyung almost spilled the champagne as she jumped at the sudden shouting. She turned quickly to see Dr. Sejeong Kim walking up with her girlfriend, Chungha who was a nurse. Sejeong looked charming in a white dress with a tulle skirt while Chungha was stunning in a black jumpsuit.

 

“Stone Nayoung,” Sejeong crowed with a teasing grin. “Long time no see.”

 

“I hate that nickname,” Nayoung replied, but Kyulkyung saw a hint of a smile on her lips. “Sejeong, Chungha, this is my girlfriend, Kyulkyung.”

 

“Kyulkyung,” Sejeong repeated. “Oh, I heard about you. You’re the really pretty resident everyone’s always talking about.” Just after she said this, Sejeong yelped as Chungha elbowed her in the gut.

 

“It’s nice to meet you,” Chungha said, shaking Kyulkyung’s hand with a warm smile. “Ignore her. She’s an idiot.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you too,” Kyulkyung replied with a laugh. “So, are the two of you…?”

 

“Dating!” Sejeong nodded proudly, holding up to their intertwined hands. “Not for very long, but it’s been a long time in the coming.” Sejeong is practically glowing as she continued, “Chungha is a wonderful girlfriend though. I’m very lucky she decided I was worth it.”

 

The words alone would’ve had Kyulkyung melting, but accompanied by the way the couple looked at each other, had Kyulkyung turn into puddle of goo, sighing against Nayoung. “That sounds great,” Kyulkyung told them sincerely with a soft smile. “I’m happy for you.”

 

“You too,” Chungha smiled back. “We’d love to stay and chat, but we promised another friend we’d find them.”

 

Nayoung and Kyulkyung said their goodbyes, watching as Sejeong and Chungha disappeared into the crowd.

 

“They were nice,” Kyulkyung remarked as Nayoung began to walk around the ballroom again.

 

Nayoung smiled down at her and said, “Sejeong is one of the nicest people I’ve met, and Chungha helps her tone back the crazy puppy charm while also being nice.”

 

“You sound fond of them,” Kyulkyung teased.

 

“They’re good friends,” Nayoung shrugged. “Speaking of, there’s Doyeon and Yoojung.”

 

At the mention of her friends, Kyulkyung hurried her steps over to where Doyeon and Yoojung were hiding in a corner. They were clinging to each other as they stared wide-eyed at all of the well-dressed attendings.

 

“I feel like I’ve unintentionally adopted two puppies,” Nayoung murmured under her breath as Doyeon and Yoojung lit up at the sight of her and Kyulkyung.

 

Before Kyulkyung could question the comment, she laughed as Doyeon and Yoojung practically lunged at Nayoung, clinging to either arm. She hadn’t realized her friends had gotten so attached to Nayoung. From what she knew, Doyeon and Yoojung had only hung out with Nayoung a few times, but maybe they had talked to Nayoung at the hospital too.

 

“Finally, people we know!” Yoojung cried out dramatically as she snuggled against Nayoung’s stiff arm. “I don’t know why pediatrics thought it’d be a good idea to send me.”

 

“More like, what was neuro thinking,” Doyeon huffed. “They’re brain doctors. You’d think they’d know how to use their own.”

 

Kyulkyung giggled at the two’s ridiculous, laughing even harder when Nayoung said dryly, “Yoojung is cute enough to get money, and Doyeon is pretty enough.”

 

This made Yoojung and Doyeon go off about how they were more than cute and pretty enough, that they were extremely cute and pretty. Watching them tag-team Nayoung was hilarious, but Kyulkyung also noticed something interesting. Doyeon and Yoojung were holding hands still behind Nayoung’s back.

 

Deciding to get to the bottom of it, Kyulkyung tugged Yoojung away under the guise of giving Nayoung a break. She walked them over to the bar but kept Nayoung and Doyeon in their line of sight.

 

“So what’s up with you and the Dodo bird?” Kyulkyung asked. She smirked when Yoojung nearly choked on her wine. “Oh, that good?”

 

“There’s nothing up,” Yoojung told her, but there was too much frantic denial in her voice for that to be true. Kyulkyung just stared at Yoojung, and it only took four minutes for Yoojung to crack. The shorter woman slumped against the bar and took a long sip of wine. “We’re dating, but like not officially.”

 

Unsurprising to Kyulkyung. She’d seen the hearts in Yoojung’s eyes from the moment they met. Feigning surprise, Kyulkyung asked, “Why don’t you ask her to be your girlfriend officially?”

 

“I was going to,” Yoojung said but then shrugged. “I was going to do it tonight actually, but then Doyeon ran into Somi and I wondered if I’m not just rebound.”

 

“You are no rebound!” Kyulkyung exclaimed. “Especially not for Doyeon.”

 

Yoojung shrugged again, but before Kyulkyung could make her case, Doyeon was there with her arms wrapped tightly around Yoojung. With that dopey grin and the inability to keep her hands to herself, there was no way Doyeon saw Yoojung as a rebound.

 

“Hey, Nayoung told me to get you guys before the performance tonight,” Doyeon said. “Apparently, the girls are doing a dance routine again.”

 

“Really?” Yoojung’s eyes lit up. “One year, I’m going to convince them to let me join.”

 

As she followed her friends back into the crowd, Kyulkyung looked around. Sejeong was happily talking to Chaeyeon and Heehyun, gesturing wildly at the stage as she probably bragged about Chungha. Irene was pouting, arms folded, as she glared at the stage. She seemed upset Seulgi had left her to go dance, but considering the way Joy and Wendy appeared to be teasing her, maybe it was something else too. Then, closest to the stage, was Yerin and the rest of her friends, all of them jumping around excitedly as they waited for SinB.

 

These crazy women made Seoul Grace Hospital what it was, and Kyulkyung wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

 


A/N: And that's the end! Thank you to everyone who has read and supported this story. If any sinrin fans are interested, I will be posting another hospital au for them very soon. Please keep an eye out! Again, thank you to all of you wonderful readers who inspired me to write this.