Seulrene/Sinrin

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

“You look way too tense for someone who just got laid,” Seulgi noted curiously as she sat down at her usual lunch table.

 

Yerin glared at her from across the table and flicked a stale crouton at her. She held it for a moment before her shoulders fell in shame. “Is it that obvious?” Yerin whined.

 

“I've known you since we were tiny interns, Yerin,” Seulgi laughed. “I learned your laid face a long time ago.”

 

“Yerin got laid?” Irene asked interestedly as she slid into the seat next to Seulgi. “See, take after her example, Sowon.”

 

As she sat down next Yerin, Sowon playfully glared at Irene. “Shut up, Bae. I don't see you getting laid either.”

 

“You too, Seulgi,” Yerin nodded, eager to get the spotlight off of herself. She smirked. “Though, not for lack of effort on the nurses’ part.”

 

Irene paused and quirked an eyebrow. “The nurses are trying again?”

 

Seulgi blushed and glared at Yerin. The last thing she wanted to talk about was the nurses trying to drag her into an on-call room when she was trying to get places. To make matters worse, Yerin just had to bring it up in front of Irene. She definitely did that on purpose. The little sh*t. Seulgi was going to get her back.

 

“Well, who needs nurses when you've got a hot resident, right Yerin?” Seulgi said, ignoring Irene, and staring Yerin right in the eye.

 

Seulgi smirked as Yerin’s face reddened at the conversation going back to her.

 

“You slept with SinB again?” Sowon gasped, struggling to keep her voice at a shouting whisper. “I thought you said you were done with her. What happened to ‘she's too young and reckless’?”

 

Yerin groaned and wondered if she could kill herself with her salad. The first time she’d slept with SinB had been before they worked together when they ran into each other at the bar across the street from the hospital. They’d both been post-shift and in their civilian clothes, and SinB had looked far too good in a leather jacket. Yerin had approached her and found herself being the one charmed and taken to bed. It had been wildly fun, and Yerin had left while SinB had still been asleep in the bed. Imagine her regret when the resident assigned to her that morning was none other than SinB.

 

After that, Yerin tried to convince herself that she shouldn't sleep with SinB. Of course, SinB was way too hot to resist, and Yerin was a very stressed attending, so they ended up sleeping together far more than Yerin ever planned.

 

“She's just really hot and really good in bed, okay?” Yerin sighed.

 

“Well at least you've got a steady partner,” Irene pointed out. “I've had such a dry spell lately. All my dates end in disaster.”

 

Yerin grinned at the news, wiggling her eyebrows at Seulgi, who glared back at her.

 

“I thought you were seeing that girl from the coffee cart?” Sowon asked.

 

Seulgi whipped her head to stare at Irene in shock. “You were dating a girl from the coffee cart?”

 

“For like two months,” Irene explained with a roll of her eyes. “And let me tell you, don't try it. Free coffee is nice and all, but my coffee is still terrible, and it's been almost a month since our break-up.”

 

“You were dating a girl from the coffee cart?” Seulgi repeated incredulously.

 

“It's not a big deal,” Irene rolled her eyes.

 

Except it was a very big deal; at least, it was for Seulgi. Seulgi had been secretly crushing on Irene for years. Yerin was the only person at the hospital who knew, and the only reason she knew was because they’d gone for drinks after a case, and Seulgi had let it slip after one too many drinks. Since then, Yerin had been trying to subtly push the two of them together, much to Seulgi’s mortification.

 

Thankfully, Yerin had fallen into an interesting relationship with SinB, so now Seulgi had something to lord over her. It was complicated, but Seulgi could never get over Irene no matter how hard she tried, and Yerin was now having trouble with SinB. They both suffered over the pretty women in their lives. It's how they bonded, besides sick children.

 

“Alright, then let’s talk about Sejeong and Chungha,” Seulgi said.

 

Sowon snorted. “What is there to talk about? They're in the same place they've been in for the past four years.”

 

“But now there's Sohye,” Irene countered.

 

Yerin shook her head. “Sejeong told me herself that she has no romantic interest in Sohye, but I think you will all be interested to know that Sejeong told me that Chungha is upset with her, but she doesn't know why.”

 

“Clearly, she's upset about the whole Sohye thing,” Seulgi argued, thinking of how she felt when she found out Irene had dated someone she knew. “There's nothing like the green monster.”

 

“No, she's probably more upset that Sejeong is still blind to her feelings for her,” Sowon countered.

 

Suddenly, both Yerin and Seulgi’s pagers went off. Both doctors checked their pagers and sighed.

 

“I guess we’ll have to continue our theories another time,” Sowon remarked dryly. “Bye.”

 

“Bye,” Irene, Seulgi, and Yerin echoed.

 

As they walked away, Yerin elbowed Seulgi. “So, Irene isn't dating anyone,” Yerin said. “Maybe you could bring her coffee, so she doesn't have to see coffee girl and get bad coffee.”

 

Seulgi groaned and slapped her shoulder. “Shut up.”