Dodaeng

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

Yoojung woke up to a throbbing headache. Or maybe that was just the bass of the music being played echoing through her skull. Yoojung groaned and rolled over. She blinked. She was going to kill Doyeon.

 

It was barely six in the morning, and Doyeon was up and doing some hip hop workout video. Why was she acting like they hadn't stumbled home only four hours ago? Yoojung blearily watched her through her open bedroom door, simultaneously cursing and admiring Doyeon. Cursing because it was too early for this. Admiring because it was impossible not to see just how fit those dumb workout videos made Doyeon’s body.

 

As if sensing Yoojung’s stare, Doyeon looked over at her and smiled. It was a goofy smile Yoojung was well acquainted with, so she was already prepared when Doyeon paused her video to come jump into her bed. Immediately, Doyeon wrapped her arms around Yoojung’s waist and cuddled.

 

“You're all sweaty!” Yoojung whined, half-heartedly pushing Doyeon away.

 

Doyeon laughed and relented. She sat up, moving away from Yoojung. She kept a point of contact though, reaching out to intertwine their fingers.

 

“How'd you sleep, grandma?” Doyeon teased.

 

“Grandma?” Yoojung gasped in mock outrage. “I'm only a few months older.”

 

“The way you passed out yesterday makes you a grandma.”

 

Yoojung glared at her playfully. “Somi and Kyulkyung are batteries, I swear. Actual human batteries. I don't know where they get their energy. You know me, I'm pretty energetic myself, but they make it hard to keep up.”

 

“They are very energetic,” Doyeon conceded. “It makes you also wonder where they put all the alcohol they drink. They're pretty tiny.”

 

“Never again will I go out with both of them the night before a shift,” Yoojung swore.

 

“You know what you need, grumpy pants?” Doyeon said. She grinned evilly. “Tickles!”

 

Yoojung couldn't protect herself from Doyeon’s tickling. She just writhed and giggled as she tried to tickle Doyeon back. Sure, she’d have to go into work in an hour with a raging hangover, but this made it worth it. Mornings with Doyeon filled with laughter made it all worth it.