Wonha

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

Sowon was trying to finish some paperwork when Yerin pranced into her office, grinning like the devil. It’d been over a month since the dinner with everyone, and Sowon had never been happier. Yerin and Eunha were friends once again, allowing for everyone to spend time together without the awkward tension. This meant Sowon was no longer split between Yerin and Eunha. However, this did mean Yerin was a pain in her more often than not.

 

“What’s with the look on your face?” Sowon asked, putting her pen down.

 

“What look?” Yerin tried to look innocent, all wide eyes and charming smile, but Sowon had known her long enough to smell the bull in the air.

 

“The cat that ate the canary look,” Sowon replied with narrowed eyes.

 

Yerin grinned and plopped down onto the couch Sowon kept in her office. She stretched out on it like she wasn’t just barging in and told Sowon matter-of-factly, “I have a bet with SinB.”

 

“I don’t want to know,” Sowon said immediately. She already knew too much about Yerin’s relationship with the brat.

 

“Not anything like that,” Yerin rolled her eyes. “It’s about you, actually.”

 

“Me?” Sowon inquired cautiously. “What about me?”

 

“When you’ll get with Eunha,” Yerin replied casually, so casually that Sowon almost disregarded what she said.

 

Except when the words processed in Sowon’s mind, she screeched, “What?!”

 

“When you’ll get with Eunha,” Yerin repeated cheekily. She stood and walked over to Sowon’s desk, perching herself on the edge of it. “Come on, Sowon. It’s obvious you’re kind of in love with her.”

 

“I never said that,” Sowon said.

 

Yerin laughed, “You didn’t have to. You’d have to be blind to miss the way you look at her.”

 

“Mind your own business,” Sowon told her grumpily.

 

“Can’t,” Yerin replied simply. “I told you. I have a bet with SinB, and if you help me win, I’ll split the money with you.”

 

“I can’t believe you’re betting on my love life,” Sowon said incredulously instead of deeming her with an answer. “You’re supposed to be the good one between you and SinB.”

 

“Stop acting like you hate SinB,” Yerin rolled her eyes. “We both know you love her.”

 

“I do not,” Sowon denied before adding, “Stop talking about love.”

 

Yerin scoffed and went to say something else, probably a scathing insult, but Eunha walked in before she could. Eunha, who had just finished a thirty-six hour shift, looked beautiful as ever, and Yerin seemed to be able to read Sowon’s thoughts given the look she gave her.

 

“Hey!” Eunha greeted them both cheerfully. “I would’ve thought you’d have left by now, Yerin.”

 

“Just needed to stop by to talk to Sowon about something,” Yerin explained vaguely, but Sowon saw the way she smiled extra bright to distract from her words. She stood up and smiled even wider. “I’m done though, and like you said, I want to just go home and sleep for a few hundred years.” Yerin waved to them both as she left, but from over Eunha’s shoulder, she gave Sowon a teasing wink before she walked out.

 

“What were you talking about?” Eunha asked as Sowon packed up her stuff and grabbed her jacket.

 

Sowon flinched at the question, missing the armhole of her jacket. She smiled embarrassedly, managing to get her jacket on, before replying, “Just that brat, SinB.” Not a lie, technically.

 

“Oh, Sowon, we all know you dote on SinB just as much as you do Umji,” Eunha giggled.

 

“I do not,” Sowon huffed.

 

“Of course,” Eunha nodded with an amused smile. “Come on, I promised you the best ramen you’ve ever had and I intend to keep that promise.”

 

Eunha took Sowon to a hole-in-the-wall restaurant that did in fact have the best ramen Sowon had ever had. During dinner, Sowon and Eunha talked about work and their friends before branching off into other topics like movies and childhood memories.

 

Talking Eunha felt like talking to her bestest friend, like she’d known her for forever.

 

Sowon often thought about confessing, but as comfortable as it was between Eunha and Yerin nowadays, Sowon also doubted whether Eunha would be interested in dating. It was a tad frustrating, but Sowon enjoyed Eunha’s company too much to be unsatisfied with what she had now.

 

After dinner, they walked the streets, Eunha’s arm looped through hers.

 

“I’m so full!” Eunha whined as she leaned against Sowon.

 

Sowon chuckled and pointed out, “You shouldn’t have ordered those extra noodles.”

 

“But it was so good!” Eunha replied, face all adorable and scrunched up. Her face relaxed though as she laughed at her own dramatics. “You know, Yerin told me something the other day.”

 

Sowon tensed. She could only imagine what Yerin had said. She cleared and focused on keeping her voice steady as she asked, “Oh? What did she tell you?”

 

“That she has some bet with SinB.”

 

Oh, Sowon was going to kill her. “What’s the bet?”

 

Eunha shrugged and said, “She didn’t say, but she said I’d laugh when it was all over.”

 

“I can’t believe her,” Sowon shook her head.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Tell me.”

 

“It’s nothing,” Sowon insisted.

 

“Sowon!” Eunha exclaimed, jumping in front of Sowon to stop her. She placed her hands on her hips. “Tell me!” She pouted up at her, cheeks round from eating and flushed from the chill outside. Her hair was messy, curved in toward her chin from a long shift. Eunha looked every bit the woman Sowon found herself falling in love with.

 

“God, I love you.”

 

“What?”

 

.

 

“I was just telling God how much I loved him,” Sowon fibbed.

 

Eunha narrowed her eyes. “Nice try, but we both know that isn’t what you meant.”

 

“I… I’m sorry,” Sowon said, unsure of what else to say. At Eunha’s confused look, she continued, “I know you’re probably not over the whole Yerin thing yet, and you said you didn’t really care about finding someone to date. We can forget I said anything–”

 

“No.”

 

Sowon blinked in surprise, staring at the now outraged look on Eunha’s face. “No?” Sowon repeated blankly.

 

“No, we will not forget you said that you love me,” Eunha told her. She glared at Sowon for a few more seconds before breaking out into a gorgeous smile. She went onto her toes and wrapped her arms around Sowon’s neck. “We won’t forget because I’m kind of in love with you too.”

 

“You are?” Sowon smiled, a little dizzy from the sudden confession but delighted all the same.

 

“I am,” Eunha confirmed with a laugh. “I think I’ve liked you since you helped me with the whole Yerin thing. You’re a little irresistible, Sowon.”

 

“Just a little?” Sowon teased, pulling her closer.

 

Eunha leaned in and whispered, “Maybe more than a little,” before kissing Sowon soundly.