Sinrin

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

“I’m going to sue the hospital.”

 

“You’re going to sue the hospital for having a broken elevator?”

 

Yerin turned her glare from the elevator doors to SinB who was already sitting on the floor, staring back at her with an unimpressed look.

 

“It’s a hospital,” Yerin said. “What if there had been a dying patient in here?”

 

“If only,” SinB mumbled.

 

“What was that?” Yerin snapped.

 

SinB rolled her eyes and didn’t answer.

 

Yerin sighed and looked away from her. Honestly, of all people she could’ve been stuck in an elevator with, and it just had to be SinB.

 

Ever since the night of her failed date with Eunha, Yerin had avoided both SinB and Eunha like the plague. SinB was easier, since she was a resident and they didn’t share many friends. Eunha was harder, especially since she had become friends with Sowon during the fallout of their friendship. This left Yerin with close to no one to talk to about what SinB had said to her that night.

 

“Then maybe you should figure out what you actually want then, Yerin.”

 

And she did. She laid awake at night when she should’ve been sleeping, thinking about where it had all gone wrong. She thought for a moment that she should have never gone home with SinB that night, but she quickly dismissed the idea. The mere thought of being nothing more than a stranger to SinB hurt.

 

This led Yerin to re-evaluate her relationship with SinB. Most of it had consisted of pulling each other into on-call rooms for a good time in bed for some stress relief. Most of it. Sometimes, when they were laying together, too lazy to move until they had to, SinB would hold Yerin in her arms, drawing random patterns on her . Sometimes, Yerin would ask SinB how her residency was going, if she had declared a specialty yet. Sometimes, they would talk for almost an hour until one of their pagers inevitably went off. Sometimes, Yerin would look at SinB and think she could fall in love with her.

 

Whenever Yerin felt herself getting to close to SinB, she made herself reiterate that what they were doing was nothing but casual. The idea of a committed relationship scared her more than she cared to admit. The last time she’d had one it had ended with Yerin loving her girlfriend more than her girlfriend had loved her. Not only that but the idea of dating someone so much younger than her like SinB made her worry that she would eventually want more than SinB did, just like her last relationship. SinB was still young and reckless, experiencing life, most likely not ready to settle down. Yerin, on the other hand, was getting older and just wanted someone to stick with her.

 

Yet all this time away from SinB only made Yerin want her more and not just for her talent in bed. She wanted her for lazy mornings and late nights. She wanted it all with her. The question was if SinB wanted it too.

 

Steeling her nerves, Yerin turned around with open, ready to say something, only to see SinB staring at her intently. Not expecting the attention, Yerin hesitated.

 

“SinB, we need to talk,” Yerin said firmly with more confidence than she felt.

 

“You don’t say?” SinB drawled, voice low and sarcastic.

 

Taking a deep breath, Yerin forced down her annoyance. She could talk to her about her sarcasm another time. “You asked me what I wanted,” she said, watching the way SinB’s eyes immediately darted back to meet hers. “And I’ve decided.”

 

“And?” SinB’s voice was no longer sarcastic. It was nervous and quiet.

 

her lips, Yerin kneeled down in front of SinB. She gently cupped SinB’s face and kissed her. It was soft and chaste, unlike any of their other kisses. When she pulled away, Yerin whispered, “I want you.”

 

“Me?” SinB repeated in wonder. Her hands ran over Yerin’s back, settling at her waist. She tapped her fingers and glanced away. “Just to warm your bed?”

 

Yerin forced SinB to look at her before saying, “I want you, SinB. I want the awkward first date and romantic gestures. I want to have you in my actual bed and not in some crappy hospital bed. I want to make you breakfast in the mornings and make sure you’re okay after a long shift. I want… I want all of it.”

 

“I want all of it too,” SinB said softly. She leaned in and kissed Yerin soundly. She smiled into the kiss and pulled away with pink cheeks. “Yerin, would you like to go out to dinner this Saturday?”

 

“On one condition.”

 

SinB raised an eyebrow, and Yerin grinned.

 

“We ignore the third date rule,” Yerin said.

 

“I think it’s a little late for that,” SinB laughed. She kissed Yerin again and sighed. “We need to get up before the elevator opens. The last thing we need is to give the hospital a show.”

 

“What, not into exhibitionism?” Yerin teased as she stood up and helped SinB onto her feet.

 

SinB smirked, “Not my thing, but I’m sure you’ll find out what is… eventually.”

 

“Is that a challenge?” Yerin grinned.

 

“More like a promise,” SinB winked.