Wenjoy

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

Wendy was halfway through a thirty-six hour shift when a cup of coffee was placed in front of her. She looked up, and a smile immediately spread across her face.

 

“Hey, cutie,” Joy greeted with a knowing grin as she stole a quick kiss from Wendy. “You’re looking gorgeous.”

 

“Stop lying,” Wendy scolded her, a blush rising to her cheeks. “I know I must look like a mess right now.”

 

“I’m not lying,” Joy insisted, still grinning widely. “You’re always gorgeous, you know.”

 

Wendy tried to sigh but the feigned annoyance was ruined by the smitten smile on her face. “Is this how it’s gonna be now?” Wendy asked. “You flirting me with outrageously?”

 

“I wouldn’t call it outrageously,” Joy pouted. “Just… emphatically.”

 

“You’re ridiculous,” Wendy giggled. She reached out and held Joy’s hand, intertwining their fingers.  “What are you doing here? I thought you said your shift ended at six, and it’s almost seven now.”

 

“Looking for you,” Joy admitted easily, smirking when Wendy blushed. She gently tugged Wendy out from behind the nurse’s desk. She kissed her gently before taking her hand and walking her in a seemingly random direction. After a short walk, Wendy found herself in a closet filled with random surgical supplies. “Listen,” Joy said, and Wendy turned to find her leaning against the closet door with an oddly nervous look on her face, “are we okay?”

 

“Why wouldn’t we be?” Wendy asked, eyebrows furrowing.

 

Joy stared at her for a moment before replying casually, “I just haven’t seen you the other night when we…”

 

The implication was clear, and Wendy definitely remembered the night. She blushed and cleared out of embarrassment. “Right,” Wendy nodded. “That was good.”

 

“Was it?” Joy questioned, and Wendy felt even more confused.

 

“Yes?” Wendy said, which only seemed to bother Joy more because Joy then snapped, “Was that an answer or a question?”

 

Trying to stop this before things got too heated, Wendy quickly walked up to Joy and cupped her face. “It was an answer,” Wendy told her as she looked her right in the eye. “It was fantastic, and I enjoyed myself. I hope you did too.”

 

“Of course I did,” Joy huffed, but her posture slouched as she leaned into Wendy’s touch. She sighed and hugged Wendy, resting her chin on top of Wendy’s head. “I’m sorry for freaking. My roommate just started teasing and I guess it got to me…”

 

“Roommate,” Wendy repeated under her breath before she rolled her eyes and said, “You let Yeri get you this messed up?”

 

“That is what she excels at,” Joy retorts with humor in her voice.

 

Pulling away, Wendy kissed Joy soundly, letting her fingers wind their way into her hair. “We’re fine,” Wendy murmured, punctuating each word with another kiss. She hummed into the kiss as Joy’s hands fell to her , pulling Joy even closer. Joy’s hand slipped under her scrub top just as Wendy’s pager went off.

 

“Are you kidding me!” Joy grumbled as she pulled away.

 

Giving Joy an apologetic smile, Wendy checked her page and sighed when she saw she needed to go. “Are we good now?” Wendy checked, caressing Joy’s cheek.

 

“Yes,” Joy nodded. “Thanks for dealing with my freak out.”

 

“Of course,” Wendy smiled, kissing Joy once more. As she left the closet, Wendy called over her shoulder, “Stop listening to Yeri! She’s, like, twelve!” Despite getting interrupted, Wendy was still smiling as she left with the sound of Joy’s laughter following her.

 


A/N: Sorry this is so short!