Wenjoy

Seoul Grace Hospital

 

“We need to talk.”

 

Joy looked up from her chart in surprise. She blinked at Wendy standing in front of her with her hands on her hips and a pout on her lips. Joy blinked a few more times to make sure she wasn’t imagining things, but nope. Wendy was still there and still looking a combination of angry and hurt. Mentally, Joy went over what she’d done lately, but nothing stood out as a cause of Wendy’s sudden appearance.

 

“Are you gonna ignore me?”

 

Joy shook her head and apologized, “Sorry, I was just thinking. What’s up?”

 

“I thought you promised not to use me in your schemes anymore.”

 

Ah, so that was it. Joy hadn’t expected Wendy to catch onto that one, but knowing Seulgi, she probably tipped Wendy off. With an internal promise to get Seulgi back for that, Joy flashed a charming smile and said, “I thought you’d like having lunch with Seulgi.”

 

“Don’t give me that look, Joy!” Wendy scoffed. “I’m practically immune to your little smirks now. Besides, lunch with Seulgi was just fine, no thanks to you. Well, it was fine until Irene came and Seulgi stared at her like she had a second head.”

 

“Irene joined you?” Joy asked, interest piqued.

 

“So not the point of this conversation, Joy!” Wendy exclaimed. “Why did you tell me to go eat with Seulgi?”

 

Unwilling to give herself up yet, Joy responded very seriously, “Because I care about your well being and relationships.”

 

“Cute,” Wendy said while rolling her eyes, clearly unamused and not fooled. “Try again.”

 

“It’s important to note that Seulgi came to me,” Joy said and made it clear that she might’ve came up with the plan but Seulgi was the one who asked for it. “Irene’s been avoiding her since that night in the bar.”

 

“Why?”

 

Joy shrugged, “Guess she got freaked out when I asked if they were dating.”

 

This made Wendy pause, eyebrows all scrunched together adorably, as she thought. She opened then closed it again. She tried again a few more times and on her fourth try, Wendy managed to string her words together.

 

“Do you want them to be together?”

 

Of all the things Joy expected Wendy to say, this wasn’t one of them. Because of this, Joy blurted out, “What?”

 

“Do you want them to be together?” Wendy repeated, this time more firmly.

 

Joy stared at her incredulously before saying, “Why would I care? I only meddled because Seulgi asked me for help.”

 

“So…” Wendy frowned. “You don’t want to date Seulgi?”

 

“Why would I want to date Seulgi?” Joy exclaimed in surprise. She looked around to see another nurse eying the two of them. “Come here.” Without waiting for an answer, Joy grabbed Wendy’s wrist and dragged her to an empty on-call room. “Sit,” Joy told her, gently pushing her shoulder. Once Wendy was staring up at her, Joy asked, “Why on earth would you think I want to date Seulgi? On top of that, why do you care? You seem to like her well enough.” And no, Joy did not mean to sound so bitter at that last part, but hopefully Wendy wouldn’t notice.

 

“You two just seemed to get along pretty well at the bar,” Wendy mumbled, arms crossed and eyes downcast. Was she… sulking? Joy fought the urge to express just how confused she was. Instead, she waited as Wendy continued, “I just thought we were close enough for you to tell me if something was going on.”

 

Joy kneeled down in front of Wendy, resting her hands on Wendy’s knees. “Wendy,” Joy said, “you are the closest person I have to me. I would tell you anything, but there isn’t anything to tell, especially not with Seulgi.” Joy ignored the fact that she definitely never told Wendy that if Wendy ever wanted to date her she’d agree in a heartbeat, but Wendy didn’t need to know that.

 

“There’s no one?” Wendy asked carefully.

 

“No one,” Joy nodded.

 

Wendy bit her lip and stared at Joy for a long moment. Joy wanted to fidget under the gaze but remained still. Then Wendy leaned closer and whispered, “Then no one would mind if I…” Joy couldn’t stop the little gasp that escaped her just as Wendy kissed her.

 

Wendy’s arms wrapped around Joy’s neck while Joy’s hands slid up Wendy’s thighs to clutch at her hips. Joy’s mind was hazy, but she had enough sense to get into a more comfortable position. She stood slowly and gently pushed Wendy back until Wendy was laying on the crappy on-call bed with Joy kneeling over her.

 

As Joy pulled away to trail kisses down Wendy’s neck, Wendy stammered, “J-Joy, maybe… God, maybe we should slow down.” Reluctantly, Joy stopped but was held close still by Wendy. “Don’t pout,” Wendy laughed. “I just don’t want our first time to be in an on-call room.”

 

“You’re so sappy,” Joy whined.

 

Wendy quirked an eyebrow and replied, “I know all of your secrets, Joy. Don’t act like you’re so tough.” She grinned and kissed the tip of Joy’s nose. “Go on a date with me.”

 

Joy faked annoyance and sighed, but there was a slight smile on her lips. “You’re lucky you’re cute.” She tilted her head and asked, “I have to ask though. Why now?”

 

“I just realized when I saw you being nice and flirty with people other than me that I wanted to be the only one,” Wendy admitted shyly.

 

Joy grinned despite herself and kissed Wendy once more. “Firstly, I was not flirting with anyone. Secondly, I promise you are the person that annoys we the least at this hospital.”

 

“I guess I’ll take it,” Wendy sighed, playfully rolling her eyes. “So, a date? Please circle yes or no.”

 

Smirking mischievously, Joy leaned in a used her tongue to trace a circle around Wendy’s pulse point. She held back a laugh when Wendy’s breath hitched. To make her point, Joy moved to Wendy’s ear and whispered, “Yes.”