Chapter 8| Resolved

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, I woke up with great reluctance. I had been unable to sleep from Sehun and I's argument from last night and consequently woke up with dark circles under my eyes. I cursed the blonde boy, rubbing my eyes tiredly as I stumbled my way into the kitchen. 

Only five minutes later did I notice a container in a plastic bag and a small sticky note on the kitchen bench, as well as the fact that Sehun was nowhere to be seen.

Sorry for last night. I was out of line.

-Sehun. 

I raised an eyebrow at the small blue sticky note and snorted, before scrunching it up and chucking it in the bin. Who did this guy think he was? Did he think he could bribe me to forgive him if he got me food-

My eyes widened as I opened the container, revealing a wonderful aroma of kimchi fried rice. How the heck did he know that this was one of my favourite foods? Or was it just a coincidence? I noticed another sticky note on the lid of the container.

Yeah, I know kimchi fried rice is your favourite food. It said so on your profile. Why would you add something like that to your profile, idiot?

-Sehun. 

P.S - This is a one-time thing, okay? Don't expect this every day.

P.P.S - You should probably wipe that drool off the corner of your mouth.

I huffed and glared at the sticky note, imagining the -eating smirk on his face as he wrote this. "Douche."

I frowned suspiciously, reluctantly poking at the rice, but the rumble in my stomach was enough to get me to sit down and happily start munching on the food. I couldn't say no to free food, right?

A small, minuscule part of me couldn't help feeling a little bit touched and amused at his gesture.

****A few days later****

"What's up with you and Sehun?" Taeyeon demanded as soon as we reached the empty classroom. It was lunch and as soon as the bell rang, she dragged me off into this classroom to interrogate me. 

"What?" I stared blankly at her, confused at her sudden outburst. 

"Don't play dumb with me," She rolled her eyes impatiently. "You and Sehun haven't said a word to each other this entire morning! What happened!? Why aren't you arguing anymore?!"

I blink, my mind flashing back to that morning when he left me the kimchi rice. Since then, he'd sort of...stopped being a douche? I don't know. He was still an , but nowhere near as much as before. I hid a smile, playing it off as cool. "What's wrong with that? Nothing happened. I guess we're both just not in the mood today. It's very tiring, you know, constantly bickering with someone."

She didn't believe me, if the look in her eyes was any indication, but thankfully she didn't comment further. She only stared at me with narrowed eyes before shrugging.

"If that's what you say," She mumbled before we headed back to the cafeteria. 

"Hey. Where have you guys been?" Joonmyeon asked curiously as we slid into the seats at our usual table. 

"Oh, I was just asking Areum some questions on the history test. I think I may have gotten one of the questions wrong," Taeyeon lied smoothly. Joonmyeon nodded, seemingly satisfied with her answer.

"I see. Well, good luck with that," He grinned sympathetically. "Mrs Lee is a nightmare when it comes to grading tests."

"I know," Taeyeon pouted sadly. "I'm pretty sure I'm done for."

"I'm sure you did fine," Joonmyeon patted her back sympathetically before turning away to talk to Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Pulling out the sandwich I prepared earlier, I looked around. I was met with a pair of cool, stoic brown eyes. Our gazes locked for a brief moment before Sehun looked away, as casual as ever. I frowned in confusion before shrugging, biting into my sandwich. 

'Hmmmm.... Nutella....'

"Well, what do we have here?" A high-pitched, girly voice sneered. I looked up and mentally groaned. 

Kim Hyuna was probably the school's most popular Queenka, and certainly the most annoying. She seemed to love targeting me, for some reason. I think it had something to do with my close relationship with Sehun and his friends, I'm not sure. I was pretty sure she was smitten with my blonde husband-to-be. I wish I could tell her that I didn't want him anyway. 

Previously, she hadn't done anything major. Just the usual snide comments on my appearance or whatnot that I always managed to retaliate, as well as the occasional Oops-I-didn't-see-you-there, shove in the back or the cliche sticks-out-her-leg-casually-so-I-might-fall-and-break-my-nose sort of thing. Nothing I couldn't deal with. I don't think she's gotten the memo yet that I could destroy her father's business with a click of my fingers, but oh well, more the fun for me when she does realise.

Still, even though she hadn't done anything major, it didn't mean I liked her. She annoyed the hell out of me and Taeyeon with her horrible attempts to insult me. I raised an eyebrow at her as she smiled sweetly at Sehun, making me want to both gag and laugh at her pathetic expression.

"Hyuna," Joonmyeon acknowledged politely, forever the diplomat in our group. "What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to hang out, is all," She giggled, twirling her hair with a manicured finger. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

The boys, unable to find a polite way to reject her, reluctantly agreed. Apparently, the awkward mumbles and the reluctant shuffling around to make space for her didn't register past her thick skull and she unashamedly plonked herself right between Sehun and Chanyeol, causing the former to raise an eyebrow at her. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked bluntly and I resisted the urge to snort. I didn't like Sehun but the look on Hyuna's face was definitely worth it. 

"I-I just wanted to hang out with my Oppa," she shot him a sickly sweet smile and grabbed his arm. "So... what subjects did you have today, Oppa?"

"If I hear her say 'Oppa' one more time I'm going to throw my apple at her," Taeyeon mutters into my ear and I let out a snicker, unintentionally drawing the attention to me. Baekhyun raises an eyebrow at me in amusement as I flush, poking me in the side. 

"What's so funny?" he asks. I feel Hyuna's glare pinned on me and I resist the urge to laugh again as I glance over to them. Sehun's eyes were on me, glancing at me almost curiously.

"Nothing," I shook my head, trying to stifle my chuckles. I can still feel Sehun looking at me, but I ignore him, focussing on my food.

"What did you have for lunch today, Oppa?" Hyuna asks again, trying to bring his attention back to her. 

"A Nutella sandwich," He responded curtly, glancing at me. I hid a grin, wondering how Hyuna would react if she knew that I was the one who prepared his lunch this morning.

"Really? I'm sure it tastes delicious," She giggled and I swore everyone on the table groaned, including me. 

"You had Nutella and you didn't tell me?" Kai exclaimed, deciding to wake up from his nap on the table and join the conversation. 

"Why would I tell you? You'd only try to steal it anyway," the blonde boy retaliates. Kai shrugged, admitting the fact. 

"But I thought you didn't like Nutella?" he asked. "You never usually eat sweet stuff."

I froze lightly, glancing at Sehun. His gaze was already on me before he looked back to Kai. "Well, I guess it's okay. Someone made it for me so it'd be a shame to throw it out."

My face flushes ever so slightly as I look away, trying to hide my face and coughing awkwardly.

"If you want Nutella, Areum has some too," Chanyeol commented, sending me a d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter