Chapter 19 | Elodie Powell

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You and Areum are to be in one room, okay Sehun?" Mrs Oh told my blonde fiancé, handing him the keycard. "Your father and I will be in the room down the hallway, so we won't hear anything if you guys decide to-"

"Mum," Sehun cut her off with a passive but firm voice. My face turned pink as Mrs Oh giggled. 

"Ara, ara, I won't say anything more," she sent me a wink before leaving with her husband, who seemed to be exasperated yet amused at his wife's actions. My mother turned to me. 

"I'm sure you two are tired, so rest up. We'll be having dinner with the Powells at 6 o'clock this evening, so please be ready in the lobby by 5:30. You can hang out in your rooms and do whatever you'd like until then," my mum gave us a stern nod as she left with dad. Dad sent me a wink and a smile as he passed me, causing me to bite my lip. My mother was the epitome of elegance, power and strength, but she was always so stern and reserved, never giving more than a few clipped words at a time - quite a contrast to my dad's rather humorous countenance and Mrs Oh's bubbly personality. 

I sighed as I trudged into our room, ignoring Sehun's amused smirk. As I expected, the spacious suite was lavishly furnished and decorated, complete with a large ensuite, jacuzzi and loungeroom. As I walked further into the suite, towards the bedroom, I pursed my lips and sighed again. 

"There's only one bed again," I muttered, glancing at Sehun. He tilted his head, that million-dollar smirk still lingering on his face. 

"You say that like it's a bad thing," he replied, expression innocent yet eyes anything but. I glared at him.

"That's because it is, doofus," I huffed, before flopping onto the bed, sinking into the soft mattress with a groan of satisfaction and closing my eyes. "You can take the couch. I've claimed the bed."

I heard him scoff as he dropped his bag and walked over. "Not a chance. Now move over."

I squealed in protest when he pushed my body (none too gently) to the side to make space for him. I glared up at him while he just smirked in triumph and sat himself down.

'One day,' I vowed to myself, 'I will wipe that ing smirk off his face.'

Rolling my eyes, I shifted onto my side and hopped off the bed. "I'm going to go brush my teeth and take a nice long bath because I feel gross," I told him. He raised an eyebrow. 

"Is that an open invitation?" he asked, his lips quirking upwards as I glared at him. 

"Dream on, ert," I scoffed, opening my suitcase and grabbing what I needed, ignoring the sound of his deep laughter and shifting my hair so he wouldn't notice my slightly red cheeks. Frankly, it was alarming how easily this boy made me blush these days. 

*******************

After we both showered and freshened up, we sat on the bed, bored. Deciding to turn on the TV, I grabbed the remote on the bedside table, flinching as my still slightly wet hair brushed against my neck. "Anything you wanna watch?" I asked, flipping through the channels. Sehun shrugged. 

"Anything's fine. I don't care," he replied. "That looks good."

I stopped on a classic Hollywood action romance movie whose name I couldn't be bothered finding out. Shrugging, I set aside the remote and settled on my stomach with my feet at the headboard while Sehun leaned back on his arms with his legs crossed. After a while, I leaned my head against his leg as a cushion after my back began to ache from constantly being arched. A moment later, his hand settled on my head and began playing with my hair absentmindedly. My heart began speeding up at the movement but I ignored it to the best of my ability. Forcing myself to focus on the screen, I shrieked as Sehun cursed, immediately cover my eyes, pushing me onto my back. 

"Don't look," He warned. "It's not pretty."

"Does it look like I want to?" I retorted, my heart racing wildly and my vision still black from Sehun's hands. "Is it over?"

I flinched when a loud moan from the TV filled the air. "Oh my god, just change the ing channel!" I yelped desperately as more sinful sounds began to emit from the surround-sound speakers.

"Hold on a sec," I heard him mutter as he reached for the remote. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the moans were cut off and replaced with an upbeat advertisement on washing machines. I breathed a sigh of relief as he slowly removed his hands.

He furrowed his eyebrows in concern. "Are you okay?"

With my heart pounding wildly and my eyes wide with horror, I nodded silently. scenes were the worst and the one I just saw was particularly graphic. The image burned into my mind and I cringed, groaning in annoyance. 

ing American movies.

I saw Sehun's lip twitch upwards ever-so-slightly as he fought back a smile. "How cute. Innocent little Areum is scared of scenes."

Grabbing a pillow, I launched it at Sehun's face. "Shut up, Oh."

**********************

I was dressed in an off-shoulder blue satin dress that reached my knees. I had simple cream coloured stilettos and a similar coloured clutch. A delicate gold necklace with a pearl pendant hung around my neck while my hair was in a loose braided bun with tendrils framing my face - an outfit carefully coordinated by Sunny prior our departure. 

Sehun was dressed in a black suit, white dress shirt and a navy blue tie. His blonde hair was brushed back yet effortlessly tousled in the way that just screamed 'suave'. He was, as I often say, unfairly attractive.

Not that I let him know that, of course. Not over my dead body. 

We'd arrived at the restaurant, located in a high-class, fancy skyscraper, a few minutes before 6. I cleared my throat nervously. After living in England for 2 years, my English was practically perfect, with almost no hint of a Korean accent whatsoever. Unfortunately, while I didn't have a Korean accent, I did have a British tilt to my speech. Sehun's English was on par with mine, but seeing as he had an American teacher, he didn't face this problem. He'd laughed for a solid minute when he first heard me speak, thinking that I sounded absolutely hilarious and, I quote, 'sassy and posh as '. 

ing brat.

Apparently, the Powells had already arrived at the restaurant and were waiting in the private room that had been booked prior. Unknowingly, a grin formed on my face as I felt a flash of nostalgia. I remembered the first time I'd met Sehun was in a similar situation. Compared to that, this was much easier and far less nerve-wracking. 

I felt a hand briefly brush against mine as we stood in the elevator. I looked down to see Sehun's hand lightly lace through mine. He met my eyes and a small, amused smile made its way onto his face. 

"By the way, I never got to properly say this but," he cleared his throat quietly. "You don't look half bad."

I raised an eyebrow as my lips tilted up in return. "What's this? The Oh Sehun giving me a compliment? You're not drunk, are you? The night's barely started," I poked his side, sniggering as he rolled his eyes. As he straightened, I gave him a genuine smile."But thank you. I guess you look pretty decent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter