Chapter 38| Memories of the Past; pt 1

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

****Third Person POV****

The young, brunette teenager took a deep breath, enjoying the familiar air of his home city, Seoul. 

He was a little less than 180 cm, a bit over the average height of a Korean male. His eyes were dark, piercing and just a little bit cocky, the eyes of someone who'd been raised in luxury, the eyes of someone who knew they could get anything they wanted with the flick of a hand, the eyes of someone who could break a thousand hearts and get away with it. And break hearts he definitely could. Devilishly handsome, with strong, sharp features and that confident, charming aura that ladies just couldn't resist, he was the kind of person you'd mistake for a model or celebrity. 

This was Kim Taehyung. 

And he was back in Seoul, after moving to America for five years, ready to complete his final year of high school before graduating and taking over his father's business. 

"Sir, your father instructed me to bring you home. You will be attending Seoul National Academy, yes?" A sharply dressed chauffeur drew him from his thoughts. 

"Yes," he nodded, expression set in a carelessly striking smile that looked more like a smirk. "That'll certainly be interesting, won't it?"

'Interesting, indeed.'

********************

"Alright class, please settle down!" The homeroom teacher called out loudly. "We have a new student joining us today."

This caught the class' attention. It was rare to get a new student so late in the year, especially in their final year of high school too. Everyone was curious as to who this mysterious new student was. Rumours had been circling around that he was the son of a powerful businessman, while others claimed he was the son of a rich celebrity. The only thing the rumours agreed upon was that this new student was both rich, powerful and incredibly attractive, the perfect recipe for attention in SNA. 

Throughout all the excited murmuring in the class, Areum was staring out the window, bored. She wondered how Sehun was doing - this morning he received a call from his parents telling him to meet with them as soon as possible, meaning he had to miss out on school. Apparently, they had a special surprise for him.

"Do you think the new kid's hot?" Taeyeon whispered excitedly, causing the dark-haired girl to roll her eyes in amusement. Kai scoffed, leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head.

"Doesn't matter to me," Areum shrugged, causing Taeyeon to punch her arm. 

"Yeah, because you already have a drop-dead gorgeous boyfriend. No need to rub it in," Tae huffed. Areum merely grinned while Kai interrupted. 

"It wouldn't matter if he was hot - it's not like he'd date someone like you," he jabbed, causing Taeyeon to hit him and for them to start bickering like an old, platonically-married couple. 

"Let me introduce you to Kim Taehyung."

Because Areum was distracted by Kai and Taeyeon's bickering, she missed the moment when the mysterious new student stepped into the room. She did, however, hear the sudden excited intake of breath from the majority of the female population in their class. She looked up.

Her eyes widened. 

With a charming smile that could cause anyone's to drop, Kim Taehyung bowed. "Hello everyone. My name is Kim Taehyung, heir to the Kim's Bighit Entertainment Group. Nice to meet you all."

At once, every single female in the room seemed to forget how to breathe. Already, people were wondering how long it'd take him to become one of the most popular kingkas of the school - he was attractive enough to reach even Sehun and his friends' level. Rich enough, too - BigHit Entertainment was one of the biggest names in their industry. No one who had any connection to the internet didn't know of them.

However, that wasn't the reason why Areum was staring, eyes wide with surprise. As Taeyeon had put it, she already had a drop-dead gorgeous boyfriend, so it didn't matter how charming this new kid was, she remained unaffected by his looks. 

However, she could have sworn she'd seen this Kim Taehyung somewhere before. The feeling of familiarity increased when his gaze swept across the room and settled on hers. She knew she was not the only one who felt it because a moment later, Taehyung's own eyes widened.

"Please choose somewhere to sit, Taehyung-ssi. There are free spots-" He cut the teacher off, breaking eye-contact with Areum and giving the teacher, who was a young woman in her early thirties, a winning smile. 

"May I please sit next to her?" he requested politely, pointing a finger straight to Areum. Silence filled the room as everyone's head whipped towards her simultaneously. Her face flushed at the attention as her eyes widened.

'What is this kid doing?!'

"I-I, well, Taeyeon-ssi is already sitting-"

"I'll sit in front of her, then," he grinned happily, waving his hand dismissively. He walked (god, even his stride was full of confidence and grace) towards the poor student sitting in front of Areum. "Hi! What's your name?"

"S-Soo Minh-hee," the girl whispered, her face going as red as a tomato. The boy's smile widened. 

"Well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter