Chapter 6| Unexpected Reunion

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Areum?!" My eyes widen at the sight of the person seated next to me. Class had just finished and it was now it was lunch break.

"Taeyeon?!" I exclaimed. "You go to school here?"

The familiar blonde girl stood up excitedly, wrapping her arms around me in an enthusiastic hug. "Man, I haven't seen you in ages! How's Jin? When did you move back to Korea?"

Back in my second year of middle school, I had moved to England with Jin for my studies and also to improve my English. Jin came with me to study at a special medical school there. We stayed there for about a year and a half and while we were there, I met Taeyeon. She was there on a trip with her father for 8 months. We had been in the same class at our school and became close friends. I lost contact with her when she moved back to Korea, but here she was. I was ecstatic to see her again.

"You know Taeyeon, Areum?" Kai butted in curiously. Taeyeon looked surprised.

"You know Kai, Areum? How? When?" She exclaimed. I waved my hands.

"Please, one question at a time!" I muttered. "Yes, I know Taeyeon. We met when we back in Middle School when we both moved to England."

"You went to England?" Kai looked surprised. I even saw Sehun glance over. His gaze was disinterested though.

"For a year and a half with my friend Jin. Taeyeon stayed for 8 months with her father and we ended up in the same class," I explained.

"But how do you know Kai?" The said girl pestered. I frowned, unsure of how to explain without revealing my involvement with...

"Because she's engaged to-Ow!" Sehun punched Kai in the back of the head, effectively shutting him up with a glare. Taeyeon blinked as Sehun dragged the other boy out of the classroom, ignoring his protests.

"You're... what?" She asked suspiciously. I sighed, deciding to tell her the truth. Everyone else had left the classroom, anyway. I trusted her to keep a secret.

"Promise you can't tell anyone," I urged. She raised her hand.

"I promise not to tell a soul. Now spill."

Giving a sigh, I mumbled, "I'm engaged to Oh Sehun. I met his friends on Saturday when we moved in together."

It took the other girl a full 30 seconds to comprehend what I had said.

"WHAT?! YOU'RE ENGAGED TO OH-" I jumped, putting a hand on and glaring at her.

"Shhh!" I whispered vehemently. "Do you want the whole world to hear?!"

She blinked as I removed my hand. "You moved in with him? What?! Are your parents crazy? I thought your families were rivals!"

I gave another tired sigh. "My parents and his parents decided to end the rivalry and join the two companies together. They seemed to think a marriage would be a good idea to seal the deal. Pity he and I hate each other's guts."

Taeyeon patted my back sympathetically. "Well, I can't do anything to help you there. But I feel sorry for you. You have my support, Areum-ah. Fighting!"

I mumbled under my breath. "Let's just go to the cafeteria. I'm starving."

As we walked out of the classroom, Taeyeon snickered. "You have to admit though, Sehun is hot as-"

"Finish that sentence, I dare you."

************************

Taeyeon and I spent the day catching up. I found out she was actually quite close to Kai, being neighbours with him since they were young. She dragged me along and sat with their group during lunch, which caused quite an uproar at the cafeteria. Thankfully, no one ended up saying anything. After school, we decided, or rather, Taeyeon decided and ended up dragged me along, to go shopping at the same mall that I went to with Sehun's friends. I texted Sehun to let him know that I would be late coming home and Taeyeon noticed.

"Wow, you two already act like a married couple," She teased, glancing over my shoulder at my phone. I glared at her before showing her the screen.

[To: Oh Sebutt]

[From: Kim Areum]

Hey, . I'm going out with Taeyeon after school. Make dinner yourself. Don't burn down the house. I'll be back at around 8.

A second later, he replied.

[To: Princess]

[From: Oh Sehun]

I don't care. Fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter