Chapter 16| The Dare

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Waahh! So pretty!" Baekhyun squealed, running down towards the beach hurriedly. After setting up towels and putting down our bags and various other things, such as sandals, Baekhyun grinned. "We should change."

The boys had it easy. All they had to do was take off their shirts and they were done. Even though all of them obviously worked out and had bodies any girl would drool over, I had to stop my eyes from wandering over specifically to Sehun's pale figure multiple times, my cheeks turning red. He had a very thin, lithe frame, with broad shoulders and clearly defined muscles on his abs and arms. My cheeks reddened further as he caught me unconsciously staring. He sent me a smirk, slowly making his way over. I gulped as he leaned in. 

"Enjoying the view, my lady?" his voice was as smooth as velvet and I wasn't sure whether I wanted to hit him or kiss him for it. 

Wait, no, disregard that second option. There was no way I was kissing this douche.  

I scoffed, bluffing like usual whenever he made me flustered (which was alarmingly often). "Of course not, idiot. I...I was...I was admiring the sand! You don't get this sort of sand in normal beaches in Korea! Look at it, it's so fine and soft and so white, a-and-"

I was cut off as he chuckled, his voice once again sending tingles down my spine. He leaned in further, his lips barely grazing my ear as he whispered, "You know, you could just take a picture. I'm sure it'd last longer."

Glaring at him, my cheeks now burning. I tried hitting him with my sandal as he defended himself, laughing loudly. Growling, I dropped the sandal and stalked over to Taeyeon, who was lounging on a beach chair, already changed into her bathers with a book in one hand and a drink in another. Sitting down next to her with a huff, I ignored the sly grin and raised eyebrow she sent me. Wisely, she didn't make comment on my bright red cheeks. 

"You should get changed," she said instead. "The sun feels lovely."

With a grumble, I complied. Before coming down to the beach, I'd already changed into my bathers and just chucked on a pair of denim shorts and a white t-shirt, with a kimono cardigan over the top. I took off my shorts and cardigan, revealing the simple black two-piece bathing suit I wore. A loud whistle pierced the air. It was Baekhyun.

"Looking good, Areum!" He shouted from across the expanse of the beach, drawing everyone's attention to me. 

"You wish you had a piece of this, Byuntae!" I shouted back, sticking my tongue out. He winked back to his conversation with Junmyeon. My gaze flickered to Sehun. I was surprised when I saw him frowning at me. Where had the playful Sehun from a moment ago gone? Shrugging my cardigan back on, I rolled my eyes at him. He could deal with his pissy mood-swings by himself. 

"Hey guys! Last one to the water is a rotten egg!"

It was Baekhyun. With childish giggles, he zoomed down to the beach, gaining a significant head start. For a guy who never participated in P.E classes, he sure could run fast. 

"Yah! That's unfair! You got a head start!" Chanyeol shouted, running after him. Soon, we all followed, disregarding the weird stares we received and just having fun. I felt like a child again, laughing  as I watched Kyungsoo dump a bucket full of water onto Chanyeol's head, mumbling, "That's for stealing all my cookies last Friday."

I tentatively dipped my foot into the water, shivering as the cold water came into contact with my skin. "Come on Areum! The water feels great!" Taeyeon encouraged, before engaging in a fierce splash battle with Kai. "Take that, you fiend!"

Slowly taking steps deeper into the water, I was suddenly swept off my feet. Letting out a yelp of alarm, I clutched onto whoever it was. Of course, it turned out to be Sehun, who was now walking deeper into the waer with me held captive in his arms. I glared at him. "What are you doing?"

He smirked. "Making your job easier." I blinked in confusion before noticing the evil glint in his eyes. I had a sudden sense of deja vu of that night in our apartment. 

"What are you planning, Oh Sehun?" I hissed. "Put me down!"

He only gave me a sweet smile. "As you wish, my lady."

Why do I never learn?

The thought pierced in my head as I was suddenly submerged in icy cold water. Landing on the sandy floor, shocked and struggling, I manage to stand up, coughing and dripping with water. Of course, Sehun was clutching his stomach in laughter. I narrowed my eyes into a glare, my hair plastered to my face. He caught my glance and doubled over again.

"You... look like...a sea monster!" he wheezed, clutching his stomach. Instinctively, my hand dipped into the water, irritation and annoyance bubbling at my core. Using all my strength, I sent a stream of water straight into his face. 

'Bullseye.'

His laughter stopped as he whipped backwards, face and hair now dripping wet. I gave him a sweet smile, flicking my wet hair over my shoulder. "Better a monster than whatever you look like right now. Karma must really hate you."

He stood still for a moment, wiping the water out of his eyes, before they settled into a glare. "Oh, I see how it is."

Without warning, he launched towards me, lightly tackling me and causing us both to fall into the water. I let out a shriek of laughter, playfully splashing him with all my might. Chaos ensued as we engaged in what I'd say was the most intense splash battle in history. My arms were aching and I was exhausted from laughing so much, but I was surprised that I was having too much fun to care. That's when I accidentally misaimed and sent a stream on water into Kyungsoo's back. Both Sehun and I froze. 

Slowly, he turned around, his eyes glinting dangerously. "Who did that?" his voice was quiet, flat and terrifying. 

Immediately, Sehun pointed at me and I glared at him. Traitor. I turned back to Kyungsoo with a sheepish smile. "Aha...oops?"

All of a sudden, I felt a bucket of water poured on my head. Letting out a surprised yelp, I jumped and whirled around to see Kai grinning at me. "Good job, Areum. Someone needed to target that little marshmallow, good on you for taking one for the team."

I glared at him and I suspect so did Kyungsoo. I glanced at the shorter boy and he gave me a small nod. I turned back to Kai, who was looking at us suspiciously. "What are you two plann- HEY!"

Kyungsoo and I began viciously attacking him with splashes of water as he desperately blocked his face with his arms, stumbling backwards. Soon, Baekhyun and Chanyeol noticed the commotion and decided they wanted to join too. Taeyeon, seeing no reason to pass on a chance to torment her childhood friend, joined in on attacking too. The I saw Sehun shrug and send me a grin before joining the ruthless assault. Junmyeon only watched on, shaking his head and probably wondering how the hell he got stuck with such idiotic friends. But eventually, he was dragged into the fray too when Chanyeol threw a bucket of water at him, soaking him and his freshly washed hair. 

By the end of it all, my arms felt heavier than lead and my stomach was aching from laughing too hard. I haven't had so much fun in ages. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter