Chapter 12| The Carnival, pt 2

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, let's go to the arcade," Areum suggested, gesturing to the large, colourful building in the very middle of the place. Sehun, not seeing any reason to disagree, nodded. 

It was quite full in the arcade, children running around, laughing and trying to win prizes. "Hey, look." Sehun grabbed Areum's hand, tugging her towards a large, flashy arcade game. It was one of those games where you had to shoot down targets and the more you shot, the bigger your prize. 

Currently, a rather burly man was trying to shoot and win the biggest prize (a large stuffed bear) a smaller girl next to him encouraging him on. Unfortunately, the man didn't manage to shoot anything. With a small pout, the girl sighed in disappointment while the man cursed, shoving the gun away and stalking off, the girl in tow, pride obviously injured. Sehun raised an eyebrow and without a word, walked over.

"I'd like to try, please," he said to the attendant, pulling out his wallet. The attendant had a rather smug smirk on his face as he regarded the blonde boy and the curious-looking girl next to him. The game was rigged, the attendant knew, so no matter how hard Blondie tried to impress his girl, it wouldn't work. With a cheerful smile, he accepted Sehun's money and handed him the plastic gun, briefly explaining the rules like he did every time someone was stupid enough to try out this game. Every person got 10 shots to try and shoot the 6 stacked cans in the distance. 

Silently taking the rifle, Sehun inspected it, weighing it in his hand before settling it against his shoulder, taking aim. His eyebrows furrowed in concentration, tongue sticking out, he took his first shot. Like the attendant expected, it went wide, missing all the cans. He looked at the blonde boy, expecting a flustered look, but he was surprised when he was met with a smirk and a thoughtful, calculative gaze. Sehun mumbled something to himself before taking aim again, this time aiming at a slightly different angle. 

The attendant's eyes widened in surprise as the first can came flying off the stack, a bullet-hole clearly punched into the middle. He spluttered when the second followed. A crowd stood around their stall, entranced. Soon, all the cans were lying scattered across the floor, all bearing the same hole in the middle. Even Areum's eyes were wide as she watched Sehun smirk, lowering the rifle and eyeing the attendant in satisfaction. 

"I'd like that stuffed bear, please," he asked, gesturing to the bear the previous guy had tried to win. Still completely speechless, the attendant could only hand Sehun his prize, jaw dropped and eyes wide. Grabbing Areum's hand and the bear, Sehun led her through the crowd of people, who parted for them and looked at them in awe and envy. That game had been well-known for it's impossibility to win. For Sehun to manage to shoot down every can was a feat in itself. 

Areum regarded Sehun in both amusement and surprise. "I'm impressed. How did you do it? It was obviously rigged."

With a nonchalant shrug, Sehun responded. "After the first shot, I knew exactly how it was rigged. So after that, I just adjusted my shots to accommodate for the altered shape of the gun."

Areum shook her head in amazement. "You're a total nerd. Even I was impressed."

Sehun sent her a grin, before handing her the stuffed toy. "I have no use for this, so you can have it."

Areum blinked at him. "If you didn't need it, why bother getting it?"

He gave her his rare million-dollar smirk, one that would have caused any other girl to swoon. "Well, I heard that girls like this sort of thing, no?"

She rolled her eyes, despite the slight pink on her cheeks. She had no particular love for stuffed toys, but she couldn't deny that the gesture melted her heart slightly (also Sehun looked ridiculously and unfairly attractive with that smirk). "You're an idiot."

He shrugged. "I also wanted to wipe that irritating smirk off the attendant's face. He was way too smug for my liking."

Areum sighed. "Of course," she groaned, before looking down at the stuffed bear. It was fluffy and soft and certainly quite cute, she admitted. She held it up next to Sehun's face, a playfully thoughtful look on her face. "It looks like you."

Sehun raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me? Are you comparing me to a stuffed animal?"

Areum shrugged. "Yes. Problem with that?"

Sehun only scowled, grabbing her arm and leading he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter