Chapter 27| Ganging up

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed in exhaustion as I eyed the pile of work still on my desk. I'd been sitting for hours, slaving away under the piles of paperwork my parents gave me. I glanced at the clock on the wall. The analogue face displayed 7:15 while the sky outside was already dark. 

'Surely a break can't hurt...I'm hungry as well,' I mused to myself, having a mental debate. I sighed. 'No, mother said that these papers have to be completed by today. I have to finish them first.'

With a groan, I subjected myself to the unfortunate torture of office work. Opening my laptop, I began typing up a report needed for a business analysis of one of our branches. I'd barely been working for 5 minutes when there was a knock on my door. 

"Come in," I called, not looking up. I heard the door open before a familiar young voice caused me to look up in surprise. 

"Noona!" Jaehyun came running up to me, throwing his arms around my lap. 

"Jaehyun?" I asked, eyebrows furrowing in confusion as I stood up, lifting Jaehyun up into my arms. "What are you doing here? Where's Sehun?"

"I'm here," A familiar blonde entered through the doorway, an amused smile gracing his features. "Don't run off without me, Jaehyun. You could have gotten lost."

I stared blankly as Jaehyun pouted. "Sorry, Hyung."

"I...what happened while I was away?" I asked weakly, put off by their sudden lack of conflict and how they seemed to be getting along alarmingly well.

"I'll tell you later. First, we brought you dinner," Sehun walked over, a plastic bag in his hand. I raised an eyebrow, lowering Jaehyun to the ground.

"You didn't have to. I don't have time to eat anyway. I need to finish all the-"

"Eat and take a break first, Areum," Sehun's firm tone surprised me. His serious expression morphed into a grin as he patted me on the cheek. "You look exhausted - you'll end up looking like a zombie if you don't take a break."

I opened my mouth to retort, but Jaehyun piped up. "Hyung is right, Noona. You should rest! Hyung and I can do the work for you!"

I was mildly speechless. I glanced at Sehun, eyes questioning. I was met with nothing but a sly grin. "Listen to the kid, Areum. Half an hour won't hurt much and we even got you your favourite food, kimchi fried rice."

My stomach unwittingly growled at the sight. I sighed in defeat and Sehun smirked victoriously, giving Jaehyun a subtle high-five. I glanced at them, an amused smile loitering on my lips. "I never thought I'd see the day where you two finally began getting along and even teaming up against me."

"We're doing it for your own good, Noona," Jae smiled happily, leading me to the lounge area of the office. "Overworking yourself is not good for your health."

"Even a five-year-old knows better than you, idiot," Sehun added, taking a seat next to me on the couch and handing me the bag. It smelt wonderful. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him playfully before beginning to eat the contents of the plastic container, giving a satisfied sigh at the taste.

Sehun leaned back in satisfaction, watching me amusedly. I raised an eyebrow. "So are you going to tell me what happened today?"

"Hyung was so cool!" Jaehyun immediately piped up. "He totally taught Jungseok and the stupid teacher a lesson!"

And so, Sehun and Jaehyun began explaining to me what happened in the principal's office and how Jaehyun had defended a girl being bullied. I was shocked silent, for the most part.

"And then we decided to get you dinner, because we knew you'd probably forget," Jaehyun finished cheerily. I eyed the bandages on his knees and hands with concern.

"Are you sure you're okay, Jae?" I asked worriedly. 

"Don't worry Noona! Hyung patched me up just fine," the youngster smiled happily, looking up at Sehun in admiration. Tilting my head, I suppressed a smile. 

"It seems as if you have a new admirer," I commented to Sehun quietly. He chuckled, leaning into the couch casually. 

"Well, I am quite charming," he replied, causing me to roll my eyes. "Don't worry though. You're still my favourite fan."

I scoffed. "And who said I was your fan?"

"Well, I'd have thought that night was a fair example of my effect on you," My eyes widened as he smirked smugly.  I flushed in embarrassment as the events of the said night flashed through my mind - the kisses, the tingling, the heat, the feeling on his skin brushing against mine... I glared at him, hitting him in the arm. 

"Don't ever mention that ever again. That was a one-off thing - it only happened because you were being such a whiny brat," I told him, looking away with a huff. Sehun immediately sat up, leaning towards me with a less-than-pleased expression.

"Oh really?" He whispered quietly, his smooth voice almost purring in my ear. It sent shivers down my spine. "Are you really saying you didn't enjoy it? Because I'd be happy try it again if-"

"Yah! There are children in the room!" I pushed him away, face bright red. "And I'm trying to eat here!"

A laugh escaped his lips as he -disappointingly- thankfully moved away. "I like it when you're embarrassed. It's funny."

I scowled at him before turning to focus back to my food. Jaehyun, thankfully, wasn't paying attention and was instead playing with the lion toy he'd brought along with him. His innocence remained untarnished by the irritating and far-too-alluring being named Oh Sehun. 

*****Third Person POV*****

Areum stood in the kitchen, flour spread across the cooking bench, butter, sugar and eggs laid out on the table and chocolate chips in a small bowl to the side. She was humming to herself while she mixed the batter, a content and happy expression on her face. Both she and Sehun had a day off t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter