Chapter 29| As the clock strikes twelve

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy birthday, Hunnie!” Baekhyun called as he and Chanyeol exited the door. With a wave, I closed the door, letting out a tired and relieved sigh. Those two had been the last to leave. As fun as Sehun’s little birthday party had been, I was exhausted. It was nearly 12 in the morning. 

Walking into the living room, I eyed the mess of plates, cups and discarded boxes of takeout lying around. Pressing my lips into a thin line, I shrugged. "I'll clean it up tomorrow morning."

I turned around when suddenly, I hit what felt like a very solid wall. "Ouch," I instinctively clenched my eyes shut, clutching my nose in pain and stepping back in confusion. I blinked, frowning when I saw Sehun grinning down at me. "What on Earth are you doing?"

He didn't reply and merely grabbed my hand. "Come with me. I want to show you something."

"What?" I blinked again as he pulled me towards the door. "Why? Where? Sehun, it's 11:40 at night."

"I know," was all he said. He handed me a jacket and opened the door, waiting impatiently as I slipped on my sneakers. 

"Sehun, where could you possibly want to go at this time of night?" I asked incredulously as he grabbed my hand again and dragged me towards the elevator. 

"You'll see. It's a surprise," He smiled mysteriously. I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"What are you planning, Oh Sehun?" I demanded, not too harshly because I could see a playful glint in his eye and in all honesty, it was kinda cute, but so that he would at least give me a straight answer. 

Much to my disappointment, he refused to elaborate and merely said, "Just be patient. I promise you'll like it."

After a few more minutes of pestering, I finally gave up and allowed myself to be dragged to where ever he wanted to go. We drove for a while before I finally noticed that we were now in suburban Seoul, the streets darker and less busy. I bit my lip nervously and glanced at Sehun out of the corner of my eye. He wasn't necessarily smiling, but his expression was calm, his eyes twinkling ever so slightly. As if he felt my gaze on him, he glanced to look at me. This time, his lips lifted into a small smile and it made my heart flutter slightly.

"We're almost there," he said. I tried one more time. 

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"You'd think after the past 30 times you've asked, you would have realised that I'm obviously not going to tell you until we get there."

With a defeated grumble, I leaned back in my seat and crossed my arms with a huff. Finally, he pulled up to the curb near a single street lamp. I followed him out of the car. Next to us was an abandoned white building, about 5 storey's tall with several broken windows. I stared as Sehun grabbed my hand and led me towards the side of it, where one of the windows was completely shattered open, allowing easy access inside. 

"Are you sure we're allowed to do this?" I asked as he carefully climbed through. He grinned at me as he landed on the inside of the building with ease. 

"I'm pretty sure we aren't, but no one's stopped me yet so I'm going to assume this doesn't count as trespassing," he replied, holding out a hand for me to take. With pursed lips, I climbed in after him, avoiding the small pieces of glass still sticking from the metal sill. As I was about to jump onto the floor, a car suddenly swished by, causing me to jump in surprise and slip, tilting off balance. I let out a yelp and a curse as I nearly fell back onto the concrete ground behind me. 

Suddenly, a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me forward, the other wrapping around my waist. My heart thumped wildly and my breath came in quick gasps from my hear fall as I clutched Sehun's shirt. 

"Woah, I got you, calm down. I've got you," he breathed, his own voice filled with surprise and alarm. 

Wide-eyed, I held onto him for a moment, trying to slow my racing heart. "Shhh, it's okay, you're okay," I felt him my hair as I took deep breaths to try and calm myself down. 

"Whatever this is, this better be worth it," I grumbled finally, straightening up. His arms fell from around my waist and he chuckled, the twinkling sound of his laughter causing me to relax.

"W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter