Chapter 11| The Carnival, pt 1

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Areum's POV~

I was woken up by sunlight streaming through the window of our bedroom. I was tucked in warmly into the blankets, like a burrito. There seemed to be a weight around my waist - something was wrapped around my body protectively. It felt warm and secure. I smiled, shifting and opening my eyes. I froze.

I was met with Sehun's dazzling brown eyes, sunlight reflecting off them and making them almost shine. Even after just waking up, he looked so goddamned attractive. My eyes widened, sitting up immediately. I looked around frantically, my face quickly warming as I realised what had happened. While we weren't necesarrily cuddling, his arm was draped over my waist and our legs had somehow ended up tangled together. Sehun stared flatly at me, raising an eyebrow. He sat up, stretching lazily, his blonde hair messily ruffled in that y bedhead sort of way. My cheeks reddened further as it hit me that we had been this close to cuddling.

"What the ?!" I spluttered, looking around in panic. "What the actual ? How the did this happen?"

"And good morning to you too," Sehun replied sarcastically, falling back against the pillow with a tired groan. "What a lovely sight to wake up to, your ugly morning face."

"Shut up, Sehun," I grumbled. "Why the were we so close, you ert!?"

The said boy raised an eyebrow and stared at me accusingly. "If I remember it correctly, it was you who decided to wake me up last night with all your crying. If I hadn't done anything, neither of us would have gotten any sleep."

"What?! Yeah right, you ert!" I scoffed, ignoring the fact that my cheeks were cherry red. 

***********************

'The street was dark. I was alone, a single lamp post throwing a meagre bubble of light against the oppressive blackness surrounding me. I frowned, an ominous feeling tugging at my gut as I hurried down the street. A strange sense of deja vu hit me as I looked up to see the silhouette of two drunk men laughing ahead of me, staggering towards me. My breath hitched, my heartbeat quickening in fear as they approached me, calling out to me. I turned around to run, but my foot caught on something. I tried to crawl but something grabbed my hair. I struggled, crying out.'

"Stop!" My eyes snapped open as I woke up, gasping for breath. I looked around wildly, my heart pounding, before breathing a sigh of relief as I realised I was at home, in my bedroom. I looked to the side to see Sehun, still fast asleep. I stared at his peaceful face, trying to slow my heart rate and calm myself down. I hadn't realised I was shaking and crying until a tear landed on the pillow and wet my cheek. I curled up under the covers, trying to stifle my sobs before a cold, yet strangely comforting hand grabbed my arm and pulled me up. I looked up to see Sehun, eyes still closed as he pulled me towards him, wrapping his arms around me protectively. All of a sudden, I felt a lot less exposed and vulnerable. His arms felt like a shield, keeping away all the troubles and worries of the world.

"Shh... it's okay. Everything's okay. I'm here," He murmured tiredly, rubbing my back comfortably. "It's okay... Everything is fine... Just go to sleep...."

He continued to murmur comforting words, gently my hair. I felt like a child, safe and protected. Slowly, lulled by his smooth, soft voice and steady rise and fall of his chest, my eyelids began to grow heavy. Somehow, I eventually fell asleep.

**************************

My face was bright red as I remembered the events of last night. Sehun shot me a knowing, million-dollar smirk as he climbed out of bed, making me want to wipe it off his face. I clenched my teeth, willing my cheeks to go back their normal colour before climbing out of bed too and heading towards the bathroom. Sehun was already there, brushing his teeth. Part of me thought he looked absolutely adorable, a toothbrush sticking out of his mouth, an innocent and childish look on his face, while another part of me cursed him for looking so unfairly attractive. I sighed, deciding to ignore him and get ready for school.

When I arrived at school, part of me felt slightly uneasy as I made my way through the crowd of students. The events of last night ran through my head and I shivered, looking around worriedly. Part of me wished I had just stayed at home, in bed, where I felt safe. Call me paranoid but one doesn't just forget events such as yesterday overnight. 

Taking a deep breath, I forced myself to walk to my locker, dropping off my bag and getting my books for my first period. I entered the classroom, hurriedly sitting down at my seat. I gave a quiet sigh of relief when I did, glad that no one had paid me any attention when I entered. Taeyeon and Kai hadn't arrived yet and though I knew Sehun was at school, he was nowhere to be seen.

Soon, first period started, yet neither three of them were to be found. I started to get worried, concerned that something had happened to them. Taeyeon would have definitely texted me to tell me she wasn't going to be here, and I knew Sehun had arrived at school today, so his absence wasn't something I could explain either. 

At lunch, I headed towards my locker, intent on giving them a call to ask them where they were. I noticed no one seemed to be around. Passing several empty classrooms, I began to feel a feeling of panic and dread bloom in my stomach. My mind flashed back to last night in the alleyway and my breathing sped up. I began to feel dizzy as my heart rate increased. I stumbled, dropping my phone and clutching my head as it spun. My vision was blurry through tears and dizziness. Up ahead, I thought I saw two people running towards me, shouting. More memories flashed through my mind and my panic increased. I began running backwards, before turning around and bolting through the school halls. My foot caught on my shoelace, which became loose and I tripped. Giving a yelp, I clenched my eyes shut and prepared for the impact of the cold hard floor.

But it never came. Instead, two familiar warm arms wrapped around my frame, pulling me up into their chest and keeping me steady. 

'Why is it always him saving me whenever I need someone?'

"Watch where you're going, princess," Sehun admonished. My mind flashed back to our first day after moving in together. "It's not good to run around in the hallways. You might trip."

I looked up to see the familiar blonde gazing down at me. He frowned when he noticed my panic-stricken face and fearful eyes. My breathing was still shaky and I was still trembling. 

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly, keeping a hold on my shoulders to keep me steady. There was worry in his voice as he looked me in the eyes urgently. "Do you need to go see the nurse?

Taking a deep breath, I shook my head. "I-I'm fine. I just...panicked, was all."

Sehun was silent. I looked up to see him frowning down at me. "What?" I asked, slightly defensively. His gaze was quite intense and scrutinising. 

"I knew I shouldn't have allowed you to come to school today," he mumbled. I stared blankly at him, but any reply was interrupted by Taeyeon and Kai running up towards us. 

"Areum! Why were you running away from us?!" Taeyeon panted, resting her hands on her knees. "Damn, you run fast. I'm exhausted."

"Weak," Kai jibed, he himself looking completely unwinded. "Anyway... what's up with you two?"

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously at us. That's when I realised Sehun still had an arm on my shoulder and his other arm around my waist. He let go immediately and I stepped away from him. 

"Nothing! I just tripped and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter