Chapter 26| Cool and Brave

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[To: Oh Sebutt]

[From: Princess]

Hey there, jerk. Could you please do me a favour and pick Jaehyun up from school?? I won't be able to make it in time. Thanks! I owe you one!

Sehun scoffed as he read the message once more as he stepped out of his car, eyeing the tacky and in his opinion, far-too-colourful building in front of him with distaste. Areum was at the office, working, and since Jaehyun had school today and he didn't have anything else to do, he'd been at the library studying. Even though many high schools had already started holidays, Jaehyun's elementary school still had a week to go - something Sehun revelled in. 

Unfortunately, this now meant Sehun had to go pick up the brat from school. He sighed for the umpteenth time before his phone buzzed again. 

[To: Oh Sebutt]

[From: Princess]

I know you're sighing in annoyance right now. I can almost imagine your irritated expression. Think of this as bonding time with Jaehyun You two need it - you guys drive me crazy with all your arguing. 

PS. If it makes you feel any better, I'm snowed under with paperwork and dying inside. 

PPS. This means I probably won't be home for dinner. Take Jaehyun out to eat or something. Just don't burn down the house while I'm gone (-_-")

Sehun's face reluctantly lifted into a smile. 'This girl...' He thought fondly.

As he approached the gates, he noticed several other adults were waiting outside as well. They were all staring at him. He felt a flash of annoyance. He decided to just stay by his car and lean against the hood. Unfortunately, this distance did nothing to stop the whispers from reaching his ears. 

"That kid is so young - is he already a parent?"

"Probably knocked up some poor girl and is now paying the price. Teenagers these days, so irresponsible."

"Look at his car. Probably one of those filthy rich kids who have no sense of respect or responsibility. The way he carries himself just screams arrogance and disrespect."

Each comment made him want to roll his eyes. The comments didn't bother him - he could care less what others thought of him. They didn't know the truth, anyway. He was just exasperated by the looks they were constantly giving him. 

Thankfully, within moments, children of various ages began running out the gate to their parents and the adults soon forgot about him. He waited, eyes scanning the crowd for the brat he'd grown rather familiar with the past few days. When minutes passed and there was still no sign of Jaehyun, he frowned impatiently. He was just about to go in and look for the kid himself, his phone rang. It was Areum. 

"Areum? What's up?" he asked, eyes still searching the thinning crowds fruitlessly.

"Sehun!" Her voice seemed mildly alarmed. He immediately tensed up in concern. "I just got a call from Jaeun. She said Jaehyun is in the Principal's office for some reason and they need his guardian to go in."

"Oh," Immediately, his worry faded. He scoffed. "Tch, this kid. Always causing trouble."

"Sehun," Areum's voice was reprimanding. "Just go find out what's wrong and call me once you've got everything sorted. Jaeun's going crazy. This has never happened before. Jaehyun's usually quite...under-the-radar at school."

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I'm going now."

"Okay cool. Thanks, Sehun! I owe you a bunch!"

"You sure do," he mumbled under his breath. She just laughed and soon, a beeping filled his ear as she hung up. He shoved his phone into his pocket and made his way to the head office, the largest building in the school premise. 

He approached the front desk, his signature passive, 'I-don't-want-to-deal-with-your-' expression slipping onto his face. "Excuse me? I'm Jaehyun's temporary guardian and I was informed he's been called to the principal's office?"

The desk lady did a double take when she saw him. She blinked, momentarily speechless while his annoyance increased. After a moment, she snapped out of her daze, her cheeks flushing pink in embarrassment. She adjusted her glasses and cleared . 

"Ah yes. And what is your name?" 

"Oh Sehun."

"Right then, if you'd please follow me this way," she led him down a corridor and stopped at a door, knocking gently. An assertive 'come in' sounded and she opened the door. 

"Mr Kim? Mr Oh here is Jaehyun's temporary guardian," she explained, opening the door wider for him to enter. He did so and his eyes immediately settled on a large, rotund man in a suit, greying hair and glasses. He frowned when he caught sight of Sehun and the blonde merely stared back, refusing to bow in respect. Flustered at his lack of protocol, Mr Kim stood up and nodded to the lady, who promptly left and shut the door. Sehun then noticed Jaehyun, sitting in a chair with his head hanging down, eyes red from tears. He noted the scrapes on his knees and palms. Despite his dislike for the brat, he felt both a spike of worry and anger. Maybe he really did care for the kid, deep deep deep down inside. 

Next, he noticed another kid, a few years older. This kid was large for his age, tall and exuding a cocky, arrogant and spoilt vibe. Next to him sat a thin, bony looking woman with an unpleasant expression on her face. She eyed Sehun with distaste while he just raised an eyebrow. 

"Thank you for coming, Sehun," the principal spoke. "Please have a seat."

The blonde complied, eyeing the man in front of him and causing him to look away uncomfortably. "What happened?" his voice was flat, disinterested.

"Well, you see. Today after school, Jaehyun confronted Jungseok here and reportedly pushed him. He was aggressive towards another student and refused to apologise, meaning he had to come here," the Principal spoke. His expression was patronising and Sehun disliked it. "Jaehyun is usually well behaved, so we're willing to overlook the situation just this once. However, he still owes an apology, which he has refused to give. We were hoping you'd be able to come along to convince him to see the... ah...  error in his ways and convince him to apolo-."

"It's unacceptable!" The woman piped up, her face crinkling in distaste as she stared at Jaehyun vehemently. "This boy hurt my precious baby!"

She held onto her child like he was going to disappear and the said snotty looking child smirked, looking pleased with the attention. Sehun blinked. 

"And yet, your child looks completely unharmed while Jaehyun has scrapes on his knees and his palms and has bruises on his legs. None of his injuries have been treated yet either. I wonder why this is," his tone was casual, almost as if he was wondering about the weather, but the cold threatening undertone was clear. He was not one to mess with. The woman was taken aback, looking rather angry. The Principal gulped nervously. 

"Ah, well-"

Sehun ignored him. He turned to Jaehyun, who refused to look up. "Jaehyun, what really happened?"

Jaeyun fiddled with his fingers, his eyebrows furrowed angrily. He refused to say a word. 

"He's refused to say a word to anyone," the principal said and Sehun turned to glance at him, his raised eyebrow saying it all. 'Be quiet. I didn't ask for your input.'

"Yah, brat. Answer me. What happened?" he gently nudged the boy on the shoulder. Jaehyun sniffled quietly. 

"H-he was bullying a g-girl and no one e-else was doing anything, so I t-told him to stop but he wouldn't. He just continued laughing and bullying her so I pushed him away," he mumbled. 

"Nonsense! My boy would never hurt a fly! This insolent child is lying!" The woman screeched. Jaehyun flinched and Sehun swung around, his expression beginning to showcase the annoyance he was feeling inside.

"I'm only going to ask this once, ma'am, but please refrain from making such false and baseless accusations on my friend's nephew," his tone was cold, flat and sharp. "It makes you look bad and all too arrogant."

The woman's jaw dropped and her eyes wide with affront and anger. "Why you-"

"Please, please," The Principal desperately tried to diffuse the tension by waving his hands. "Mr Oh-"

"I do not understand why Jaehyun should be the one to apologise. He did nothing wrong. This kid-," Sehun nodded flatly to the boy who was now looking a little less smug, "-should be the one apologising. He was terrorising another student while all Jaehyun did was stand up for her."

"Well, Jaehyun did make it physical," The man now looked incredibly uncomfortable. And rightly so - Sehun had on the look that could even intimidate CEO's of major businesses pinned straight on the principal. 

"And yet, Jaehyun is the one who is injured."

"W-well, Jungseok did push him ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter