Chapter 3| Moving in

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was Friday again. But I wasn't looking forward to it.

Today, I was officially moving in with my fiance.

Whoopdy-ing-doo.

I'm pretty sure my face resembled that of a murderer's as I arrived at the building. It was a fancy, modern, 90 level sky deck. Our apartment was on the very top, the fanciest one of all.

Jin eyed me cautiously. I had asked him to come and help me unpack. Sehun wouldn't be arriving until later and I was going to take full advantage of his absence because even I had to admit, the apartment was pretty nice. It was already furnished with expensive imported furniture. The entire place was oozing wealth and style. It looked like someone's dream life-long home, but really, I was only going to be living here until the end of the year, before I was-

Let's not think about that for now.

"You do know that you look like a serial killer, right?" Jin asked, raising an eyebrow. I scowled at him.

"Yes and if you don't shut up, I am going to become a serial killer, starting with you," I huffed. I paused, feeling bad for snapping. "Sorry."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "It's alright. I'm actually flattered that I'm the first on our list."

I laughed as well as I opened one of my boxes. I paused, realising something.

"Hey, mum!" I called, but a loud commotion outside the door caught my attention. I frowned when I realised it was because Sehun and his parents had arrived.

"Areum, darling!" Sehun's mother smiled sweetly, greeting me warmly with a hug. I liked Mrs Oh. She was kind and sweet, unlike her son. Over the past week, we'd met many times at dinners and lunches, and not one time did Sehun and I get along. We acted like we did in front of our parents, but when we were alone, it was nothing short of hell. I quickly learnt that not only was Sehun a cold and aloof jerk, he was also rude and seemed to have a knack for getting on people's (or maybe just mine) nerves.

"Nice to see you again, Mrs Oh," I greeted back, patting her awkwardly on the back. She let go of me and I stepped back, accidentally bumping into a certain blonde spawn of Satan.

"Watch where you're going, princess," He grinned at me, steadying me with a hand on my arm. "I don't want you hurting yourself."

'Oh, I'm going to kill this son of a-'

Sehun seemed to take great joy in teasing and mocking me and pissing me off in general. He was also fond of calling me a princess. He used it mockingly and not in the endearing way so many girls dreamed of. Of course, my parents all thought that it was an adorable nickname and cooed whenever he used it.

"Thanks, Sehun. I'm glad you're always looking out for me," I smiled sweetly at him, imagining all the different ways I could torture him and kill him. He said he didn't want me hurting myself, but I was certain he wanted nothing more than for me to fall and break every bone in my body. I knew that because that was exact same fate I wished upon him.

Our parents cooed at how 'cute' we were, forcing me to bite my lip in order not to groan. I wrenched my arm out of his grip and sighed. I noticed Jin looking around quite awkwardly, and mentally apologised to him.

"Well, I guess I'll just walk Jin out?" I offered. 

Sehun and his parents noticed the boy for the first time and turned to look at him. He looked even more awkward and glared at me slightly.

"Oh! And who might this be?" Mrs Oh smiled at Jin. "A friend of Areum's?"

Jin nodded, bowing and clearing his throat. "Nice to meet you, Ma'am. I'm Kim Seokjin, a childhood friend of Areum's"

Mr Oh raised an eyebrow inquiringly. "You wouldn't happen to be Kim Jungsik's son, would you?"

Jin nodded again, looking like he wished for nothing more than to disapparate out of the room. "Yes..."

Mr Oh smiled. "Jungsik is a good man. It's a pleasure to meet you, son. Give your father my acknowledgements."

Jin smiled and glanced pleadingly at me. I resisted the urge to smile and decided to help him out. "I'll walk Jin out then."

My parents nodded and I waved at everyone, before grabbing Jin's arm and power-walking out of the apartment. Once we were in the elevator, I sighed in relief. "I'm so sorry."

He glared at me. "You're not sorry at all! Do you know how awkward that was?!"

I stifled a chuckle and grabbed his arm, leading him out of the elevator. "Well, it was pretty amusing to watch. You're such a dork, Jin." I could hear him grumbling as we walked outside. "Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter