Chapter 48| The Final Blow - Fait Accompli, pt 2

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was about 10 o'clock at night. Sehun was at home, lying in bed and wondering how he could make it up to Areum when suddenly his phone buzzed on his bedside table. Frowning in irritation, he glanced at the screen, wincing as the bright light pierced his eyes. It was an unknown number.

Confusion flashed across his mind as he swiped his phone across the screen. "Hello?"

"Is this Oh Sehun speaking?" An unfamiliar voice slithered through the speaker. He blinked, eyebrows furrowing. Who was this person?

"Yes. May I ask who this is?"

The mysterious person chuckled, causing the hairs on his nape to prickle. "I'm afraid you may not. Who I am does not matter to you. What I imagine may, however, is the fact that I currently have your fiancé, Kim Areum, at gunpoint." 

Sehun froze, mind going blank. "E-Excuse me?" He swallowed, his throat suddenly dry. His heart pounded as dread and horror filled his insides. "What is your business with her?" He demanded, immediately standing up. He didn't know why, but somehow he knew this was no prank call.

"My business is not with her but with you. All I can say is that, if you ever want to see your precious girlfriend ever again, you will do as I say immediately."

"You touch a single hair on her head and I will beat the ing out of you," Sehun growled furiously, his mind whirring. How dare they bring Areum into this. "Who the are you and what do you want with me? Leave her alone!"

"Ah ah, Mr Oh, I'm afraid you'll have to watch your temper when speaking to me. You don't want to make me angry, afterall. One more word and I'll put a bullet through your girlfriend's pretty little head." The man's voice was light-hearted, almost amused, but the threat was clear. He was to hold his tongue or else Areum would suffer. He grit his teeth and clenched his jaw, fear now making its way through his veins. 

Suddenly, there was muffled struggling in the background. "Sehun! Don't-" Areum's faint voice was cut off with a thump and scream of pain. His eyes widened, fear and rage making their way into his veins. 

"Don't ing touch her!" he snarled. "Don't-"

"I will text you the address," the man spoke shortly, tone now harsh. "Come alone. If you bring anyone with you, I will not hesitate to kill her. You have one hour."

The line went dead. Sehun remained frozen, heart racing in fear and horror. Slowly, he lowered the phone, only to see a text message with an address attached. 

[From: Unknown]

You have an hour or else she's as good as dead. Remember, come ALONE.

He snapped out of his daze. Tightening his grip on his phone, he grabbed his car keys and ran to his car, heart pounding furiously. Scrolling quickly through his phone, he found the number he was looking for. Pressing call, he waited impatiently as he drove off, swerving onto the road. He was over the speed limit but he couldn't care less. 

Not when Areum's life was in danger. 

"Sehun? What's wr-"

"Jin! Areum's in trouble!" he said immediately, slamming on the breaks as he reached a red light, cursing. 

"What?!" 

"I just got a call," he explained as best as he could the phone call he just received. "It's not a prank, that much I'm certain."

"She's been missing since dinner. She said she went out for a walk but hasn't come back since," Jin replied urgently, the thumps and muffled sounds in the background signifying he was rushing to his car. "Where's the address?"

"I'll send it to you. I'm on my way over now and I'll try to stall them as long as possible. You can't come straight after me or else they'll kill her," Sehun spoke, eyes narrowed in concentration as he sped down the road. No one was around this part of town. "Call the police and get there as soon as possible."

"Got it. But Sehun, you know it's a trap. Going in alone is dange-"

"What else can I do?! She's in danger!" Sehun shouted, the anxiety and fear tangling in his mind. "If I don't, she'll be killed." He tightened his grip on the steering wheel as his heart clenched. He grit his teeth. "I can't risk her life like that."

Jin was silent for a moment. "Alright. I'll try get there as fast as I can then."

"Thanks."

"And Sehun," Jin's voice softened. "Be careful. For both you and Areum's sakes."

"I will."

With that, he hung up. The address he'd been sent was quite far out from the city, to the more isolated parts of town. After sending the address to Jin through text, he shut his phone and threw it onto the seat next to him. Finally, he arrived at a large, abandoned warehouse. He eyed the building as he exited the car, taking in the desolate area the building was located at. His expression was controlled, but inside his heart was racing with fear and adrenaline.

He couldn't help scoff ironically at how cliché the situation was. Someone he cared about was being held hostage in an abandoned warehouse by a mysterious someone while he was walking right into their trap. He gulped, letting out a shaky breath before steeling himself and entering the building.

The door creaked loudly against the silence as he entered slowly, eyes scanning the area alertly. The building was eerily silent and covered in shadow, with old boxes and shelves scattered across the expanse of the area. In the light of a single old lamp hanging from the ceiling, lay Areum, bound in ropes to a metal post and completely still. 

His heart pounded when he spotted her. Even from the distance, he could see the ugly purple and red bruises covering her pale skin. His blood boiled at the sight and he swore to destroy the people who had done this. Disregarding his own safety, he rushed over to her, kneeling next to her and fumbling to undo her bonds. Her eyes fluttered open as she groaned, wincing painfully. His heart broke at the sight. 

"It's alright, Areum, I'm here," he murmured desperately, finally undoing the ropes tying her legs. He fought to control his anger when he saw the red marks on her wrists and ankles from where the ropes had chafed into her skin. "You're safe. I'm so sorry, I'll get you out of here-"

"Se...hun," she mumbled weakly sitting up slowly. He gently grabbed her arm to help her up but she pushed him away, shaking her head fearfully. "You... need to get out of here," she whispered urgently. "Get out. Now."

He refused to move. "I'm not leaving here without you, Areum," he said tersely as he hurried to undo the bonds on her hands. 

"No!" Areum grabbed his arm and forced him to look at her, eyes full of fear and dread. "It's a trap, Sehun. You have to get out. They wanted you to-"

Suddenly, the door leading to what used to be the office crashed open and a group of rough looking men rushed out, charging at Sehun. He tensed, standing up and taking a stance, analysing the group carefully. He counted at least 20, more than he could take on at once. Adrenaline pumped through his veins as he dodged the punch of the first man, kicking him in the chest in retaliation. He ducked just in time as another man swung a metal bat at his head.

He managed to fend them off for a few more minutes, but he was no match for all 20 of them at the same time. Inevitably, he was brought down by a blow to the back of his knee, which caused him to fall. Taking the chance, all 20 of the men began kicking him and striking him with heavy blows. Areum screamed, struggling against her bonds as she begged for them to stop, tears running down her face. They ignored her, however, and continued to beat him until Sehun was half unconscious, with blood coming from numerous scrapes and wounds on his face. 

His half-shut eyes dazedly took in Areum crying out desperately as she pulled against the ropes still tying her hands to the metal post. His entire body was aching in excruciating pain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter