Chapter 39| Memories of the Past; pt 2

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun stood, face expressionless as always as he arrived at the headquarters of his family's company. His parents had called him early that morning, claiming they 'had a surprise for him'. He was a little curious as to what the said 'surprise' would be, but knowing his parents he didn't think too much into it.

Afterall, last time he'd been summoned by his parents in such a fashion landed him with an engagement with the girl he now called his girlfriend. 

The thought of Areum brought a small smile to his lips. He wondered how she was faring, what she was up to, if she was still staring out the window, daydreaming about who-knows-what during class. 

He was preoccupied with his thoughts until he reached the top level of the building, where his and his parents' offices were located. The secretary bowed her head in greeting. 

"Good day, sir. Your parents are waiting for you in their office," she said, leading him to the door. 

With a nod of thanks, he entered the room. His parents stood waiting for him. Their eyes brightened when they saw him. 

"Sehun! You're here," his mother chirped happily. "We've been expecting you! We have great news."

He was tempted to tell them that their idea of good news probably greatly varied from his, but he didn't have the heart to dash the excitement in his mother's eyes, so he held his tongue. 

"Okay then. What is it?" he asked, plucking an eyebrow. "What's the big surprise?"

His mother shared a look with her husband before smiling. "Joohyun honey, you can come in now!"

His eyes widened as he heard the door behind him open. Goosebumps rose to his skin as he turned slowly, taking in the familiar, petite girl currently bounding towards him with an excited smile. "Sehun!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms around him. "It's so good to see you!"

Her voice was just as sweet and twinkling as he remembered it. Hesitantly, he returned the hug, wrapping his arms around her thin frame. "It's good to see you too, Joohyun."

She'd grown taller since he'd last seen her, he observed. her hair was longer and dyed a chocolate brown. She still looked the same, however, with the same doll-like features - the soft, pouty lips, cute button nose and rosy cheeks. 

She pouted in his arms. "You don't sound very excited to see me! Even after I flew all the way from China to come see you!"

He raised an eyebrow, letting her go once he felt like the hug had gone on for long enough and turning to his parents. "You knew she'd come back?"

His father nodded. "Han Do contacted me yesterday, saying Joohyun had recently arrived back in Korea." Han Do was Joohyun's dad and a good friend of Sehun's father. Sehun and Joohyun had grown up as childhood friends before she moved away three years ago to Shanghai. He hadn't seen her since, and now all of a sudden she was back. Sehun's mind whirled. 

"Ne, Hunnie, I heard you were engaged," Joohyun tugged on his arm, giving him a mischievous smile. "Who's the unlucky lady who's unfortunate enough to be engaged to you?"

Sehun rolled his eyes. "Her name is Kim Areum, and she's as crazy and stubborn as you are - if not more," he scoffed, crossing his arms. 

"Is she pretty?" she questioned curiously. "Prettier than me?"

Her voice was teasing and Sehun smirked at her. "Much prettier."

He received a playful blow in response and he allowed a small chuckle to escape his lips. "She's actually my girlfriend now - we're dating each other...for real."

A small, genuine smile rose to his face and Joohyun stared, unaccustomed to such warmth and affection that resided in his eyes. Since childhood, Sehun had always been reserved, cool, distant, stoic. She'd never, in her 15 years of knowing him, ever seen him look so... in-love before. 

Joohyun smiled, jabbing the blonde in the ribs light-heartedly. "Is our Sehunnie growing up?"

He rolled his eyes at her endearment and glanced at his parents once again, who were watching in amusement. "Well, we'll let you two settle in and catch up together. I've promised Han Do that you'll take care of Joohyun and show her around her new school. She'll be transferring to your class in SNA next week. She arrived just yesterday, so she'll need some time to re-adjust and re-familiarize herself with this place, so I expect you to take good care of her, alright son?"

Sehun nodded, looking thoughtful. He wondered how his friends would react when they saw Joohyun again. They weren't as close to her as he was, but they'd still hung out with her often as children. He then wondered how Areum would react - from what he knew, their personalities were pretty similar. They'd probably get along quite well. 

Excited by the thought, he grinned. "Alright then. You can count on me."

Satisfied, he shooed them out. "Good. Then go, catch up and do whatever you teenagers do these days."

Joohyun waved and the two left, a comfortable silence falling over them. "So how's life been without me?" She asked, to fill the break. Sehun glanced at her in amusement.

"Peaceful."

"I see you're as rude as ever," she scoffed, flicking her hair before sending him a grin. "What's she like?"

"She?"

"Your little girlfriend, of course. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter