Chapter 33| The Confession

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: Double update because I'm not mean enough to leave a cliffhanger like that)

Sehun wanted to hit himself. He hadn't meant to blurt it out so bluntly. Stuttering, he tried to recover. "I-I mean, , I didn't mean to...I-I just, uhm, dammit..."

His face was flushed, that much he knew. He felt far too flustered than what he was comfortable with. His heart pounding like crazy and the butterflies in his stomach were out of control. Fearing the worst, he glanced at Areum, who'd remained silent the whole time, trying to gauge her reaction. To his surprise, she was silent and frozen in shock, staring at him wide-eyed and speechless. 

"Wh-what... did you- just say?" she breathed, her eyes riveted to his. Emotions battled within her brown irises, shock being the most predominant. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing. He supposed he did say it rather unexpectedly. 

He took a deep breath and sighed, rubbing his neck awkwardly. It was all out in the open now, and while he would have liked to have said it in a more refined way, he had no choice but to continue now. 

"I like you," he repeated, gazing into her eyes with the most sincerity he could muster. "As in, romantically. More than a friend sort of like." She remained silent, so he continued. "I honestly didn't expect I would ever fall so hard for... and I mean no offence by this, I swear, someone like you. You were so different to the type of person who I thought I'd like, but hey, life is unpredictable in all sorts of ways."

He took another breath and looked up at the sky. "I'm not very good at this sort of romantic confession , keep in mind, so please bear with me. I'm not asking you to feel the same way either, although it'd be awesome if you did, but anyway, just please listen carefully because I'm only ever going to say this once." He turned to look at her once more and smiled, reaching over and placing a delicate hand on her cheek. "I started liking you a long time ago. I was just an idiot and never realised how much you'd grown on me. I was in denial - surely there was no way I could have fallen for someone I, again no offence, used to hate. But then in America, when I saw you on the floor surrounded by those men, a second away from losing your life, I just...lost it like I'd never before. I don't know... the thought of you leaving me was more painful than any physical injury possible. I was angry that you were so reckless, but really I was just scared- no, terrified, that I'd lose you. And so, that night in the hotel room, I realised that there was no point in denying or hiding the fact that I liked you anymore.

Still, I was a bit hesitant - afterall, this was the first time I'd ever genuinely liked someone, and so... I never told you my feelings properly."

He smiled, in such a way that all the air in Areum's lungs seemed to vanish. "After that idiot, Chanyeol asked that question in the cafeteria that day, I decided to change that. I wanted to properly confess to you, in a way that would sweep you off your feet, so I asked for Taeyeon's help. She then told Jin and he offered to help too. And that's why we're here today. Because I just wanted to let you know that... I like you. And I know what I feel might not be love just yet, but I'm sure as hell it's pretty close. And als-"

It was then when he realised with a start that Areum had tears leaking out of her eyes. "W-wait why are you crying?" he asked, alarmed. Was his confession really that bad? "D-did I say something wrong? Areu-"

"You... You really are the worst," she sniffled, desperately wiping her eyes. "You were right. You really at confessions. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter