Chapter 5| First day, pt 2

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After eating, we wandered around the mall for a bit. I felt slightly uncomfortable. It was impossible not to attract attention when walking with a group of 6 ridiculously hot and attractive guys who were all dressed as if they were fresh from the runway. I just hoped no one would recognise us. 

We eventually decided to split up into groups. I ended up with Baekhyun while Sehun was with Jummyeon and Chanyeol. Jongin and Kyungsoo went off somewhere by themselves. 

Baekhyun and I wandered around the mall, occasionally stopping at a shop or two that caught his interest. I personally wasn't very fond of shopping, so I just followed him wherever he went. We chatted and joked around, having quite a bit of fun. He, despite being a bit of a brat like I had assumed at first, turned out to be great company, surprisingly. He was bright, cheerful and quite sarcastic, as well as pushy, forcing me to try on a lot of different clothing. I didn't buy anything though, much to his disappointment.

"Hey, Baekhyun," I called. He turned around from a clothing rack and faced me with a hum.

"Yes, dear?" He loved using endearments like such for some reason. 

"Was Sehun dating anyone before he met me?"

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, surprised that I would ask such a question. "Not that I know of. Why?"

There was a suggestive glint in his eye and I rolled my eyes.

"Because he always seems to irritated to see me. I get that being forced into a marriage isn't ideal, but it's not like it's my fault. I'm in the same boat as him, so why is he always such an ?" I huffed grumpily. "I was just wondering if he was forced to break up with his soul mate or something, because that might explain his constant bad mood."

Baekhyun chuckled, holding up a shirt and inspecting it. "It's not what you think, Areum. it's not your fault. He's just naturally an ...And besides, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were his soul mate."

I blinked at him. "...I don't know if you've seen us yet, but we don't exactly get along," I spoke slowly. "As funny as that is, I highly doubt we're 'soulmates'"

"Well, you're the first person I've ever met that is able to keep up with Sehun's smart mouth. That's a feat in itself," He explained thoughtfully, putting away the first shirt and picking up another distractedly before scoffing disgustedly and immediately shoving it back. I was still silent, my jaw wide open as I watched him. "You see, Sehun is usually a very cool and reserved person around strangers or people he doesn't know well. He's quite distant and doesn't usually get riled up easily. You're the only one I've ever noticed to get such a reaction out of him."

"B-But that's not..." I spluttered. "That's hardly a good thing."

Baekhyun shrugged nonchalantly. "Soul mates are a strange concept. I don't think all soul mates are sunshine and rainbows and somehow instantly fit together at first sight."

I stared blankly at him as he continued his deep and philosophical monologue.

"I think that some soul mates don't always get along at first. But that's ok. They learn how to fit with each other, overcoming obstacles and challenges together...and I think that produces a much stronger bond than if two people were to meet and instantly fall in love. Getting to know the other person first and slowly falling for them despite all their quirks and flaws, I personally find, is a lot more fun and th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter