Chapter 37| Laser Tag - Fait Accompli, pt 1

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Fait Accompli
/noun/

a thing that has already happened or been decided before those affected hear about it, leaving them with no option but to accept it.

 

It was lunch and we were outside on the school grounds, enjoying the sun that was now beginning to frequent as Winter slowly receded. 

"Hey, did you guys hear about the new Laser tag place that opened up in Jamsil?" Taeyeon asked suddenly, eyes sparkling. "It looks awesome!"

She showed us her phone which displayed the webpage of an intense looking Laser tag arena. The pictures showed the arena to be modern looking, expensive and obviously, very high-end. 

"The most popular Lasertag venue now available in Korea," Junmyeon read out loud. "With real-life immersion and state-of-the-art technology... Sounds interesting."

"It looks fun," Chanyeol agreed. 

"But I at aiming!" Baekhyun whined. "You always get me out."

"One of the reasons why it's fun," the giant replied smugly, causing the smaller to hit him on the head. 

"What do you think?" Sehun asked me. I was sitting with my back against his chest and his arms wrapped around my waist. I shrugged. 

"I've never been before, so I guess it'll be fun to try," I replied. "What about you?"

"I've been a few times... It's pretty fun," he said, looking thoughtful. Louder, he added, "I think we should go. It'll be fun."

"Well then, it's decided!" Tae said excitedly. "Let's go laser tagging!"

*****************

"How the heck did I end up on your team?" Chanyeol groaned as he saw Junmyeon with the same blue coloured vest. The latter flushed, glaring at Chanyeol irritatedly. 

"I might not be a good shooter like you but I can bet for certain I can still kick your ," he replied sassily. 

"Oh? How?" Chanyeol challenged. 

"Tactics," he replied smugly. The taller merely scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Besides, we have Sehun - he's an even better shooter than you."

"Shut up."

I was surprised at this new information. I had no idea my boyfriend was such an adept fighter - in both martial arts and shooting. I was excited, my competitive side now riled. 

The 8 of us had been split into two teams, Red and Blue. I was on the red team with Kai, Baekhyun and Taeyeon while Sehun, Chanyeol, Junmyeon and Kyungsoo were on the blue team. It was going to be interesting, especially since we decided against booking a private arena and were playing in a public game. 

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen," one of the staff members clapped his hands brightly. "Remember, once you get shot, you're out for the rest of the game, which means you have to come out here and wait. Ready to enter the arena?"

After a chorus of excited nods, we were let into the dark, maze-styled arena, lit up with random neon lights, glow in the dark obstacles and our own glow-in-the-dark protective vests. It looked epic, with red and blue lasers already shooting everywhere from the other players. 

"Best of luck, I guess," Junmyeon called over the loud din of electronic music and shouts. "May the best team win!"

With a nod, we all went out separate ways. Just before I left, I caught eyes with Sehun. He gave me a smirk, which I returned before he turned and disappeared into the darkness. With adrenalin and excitement pumping through my veins, I ran through the empty corridors, laser gun in my hand. Pausing at the bend, I peered around. I spotted a boy close to my age with a blue vest on and without hesitation, tried to shoot at him. Unfortunately, my first laser went wide, giving away my location. He whirled around, gun up and ready. With a curse, I ducked behind the corner as he began shooting. I ran down another corridor and turned, glad to see that another member of my team had swooped in and got him out. 

'Well, this is harder than I expected.'

This time more cautious, I began slowly making my way closer to the centre of the maze, where the most activity was. A sudden flurry of movement behind me caused my heart to leap up to my throat as I whirled around, pointing my gun straight up.

"Don't shoot!" A familiar voice shouted. I lowered my weapon to see Baekhyun staring flatly at me, arms raised and eyes wide. "Jesus, Areum, you nearly gave me a heart-attack!"

"I gave you a heart attack?" I rasped, my heart racing. "You scared the out of me."

He merely grinned. "This place is intense, isn't it?"

I nodded in agreement. "Have you gotten anyone out yet?"

He shook his head. "I at aiming."

I chuckled. "Same. I tried shooting someone and ended up completely missing and nearly getting shot in return. It's harder than I thought it'd be."

He laughed. "Yeah. Sehun seems to have no trouble with it though. He, Kai and Chanyeol used to have shooting lessons when they were younger and used to come to these sorts of places all the time. Your boyfriend was the best one of them all, too."

I raised an eyebrow. "He never told me he could shoot."

"I bet he'd look incredibly hot while doing so though, right?" he teased. I rolled my eyes.

"Sur- Look out!" My eyes widened as I raised my gun and shot blindly at the blue-team member that appeared behind Baekhyun. The brown-haired boy let out a high-pitched squeak and dove out of the way, giving me a clear shot. To my amazement, I got him out just before he could shoot back. With a loud groan and a curse, the boy stalked off, his vest extinguishing now that he was out. 

"Holy crap, that was terrifying!" Baekhyun gasped, placing a hand on his chest. "Thanks Areum! You really saved my just then."

"No problem," I breathed back, my own heart racing. "Maybe we shouldn't stay in one place - makes us too easy of a target."

With a nod, we continued slowly down the corridor, stopping and checking every turn and bend. Suddenly, Baekhyun let out a loud squeal and then a curse. Whirling around, I just managed to see his vest extinguish before someone grabbed my arm and pulled me behind them, raising their gun to shoot. I blinked, realising the person who saved me had a blue vest on. Confusion filled my mind.

"Oi! What the hell are you doing!? We're on the same team!" The other man shouted angrily.

"Sorry man, but this is my girlfriend. I can't let you shoot her," a familiar voice replied, causing my eyes to widen. 

"You couldn't have saved me too?" Baekhyun complained, giving the stranger who I now knew was my boyfriend the stink-eye. "Now I'll have to deal with Chanyeol gloating over how he survived longer than me again and what not."

"Sorry Baekhyun," Sehun's voice didn't sound apologetic at all, causing the other boy to grumble and stalk off. The other blue team member had left too, leaving just us. Sehun turned around and inspected me carefully. 

"You okay?"

I nodded mutely, eyes wide. "You're not supposed to be helping the other team."

"But your my girlfriend. I can't let someone else take you out," he grinned cheekily, before pulling me into a dark, secluded corner and pushing me against the wall, lips turning into a devilish smirk as he pinned my arms against the wall above me. "Besides, I wanted to finish what we started this morning."

My face flushed. How this boy managed to turn from adorable to hot as in the span of two seconds was beyond me. This morning - I think you guys can guess well enough what happened - had been intense enough. "Now? Sehun, we're in a public area!" I hissed, eyes roaming around nervously for anyone who might stumble on our rather...intimate position. Sehun's smirk merely widened. 

"Gives it a bit of a thrill, doesn't it?" he whispered in my ear, his warm breath tickling my skin before his lips began attacking mine. All hesitations flew out the window as his tongue slipped into my mouth, eliciting a silent moan from me. 

Sehun, as I had come to learn, rarely took 'no' for an answer.

With his arms trapping mine, I could do nothing but kiss him back desperately, fighting for dominance. He groaned as I trailed my leg up against his teasingly, causing me to smirk into the kiss. 

'Two can play this game.'

With a growl, he held my arms up with one hand before the other trailed down under my shirt, his cold touch causing me to whimper

After what felt like an eternity that didn't last for nearly as long enough as I wanted it to, we parted, gasping for breath and lips swollen and glistening. His eyes were still dark as they stared intensely into mine, as if they were trying to devour my entire soul. Which, of course, I'd gladly give up without a fight if it meant I'd stay his forever.

Suddenly, pounding footsteps caused me to snap out of my daze as I flushed, eyes widening and scanning for anyone nearby. Thankfully, no one had discovered us yet. 

"We should go before someone suspects something," I breathed, giving him a nudge. With a reluctant frown, he let me go, retreating enough to allow me to stand up straight. Tugging at my shirt to straighten it and fixing my messy hair, I noticed him smirking. Giving him a roll of my eyes, I began walking away, expecting him to follow. His voice stopped me. 

"Sweetheart, do you remember what the instructor said when explaining the rules of Laser tag? The last one?" He asked, voice sounding suspiciously innocent. I blinked, turning around. 

"Yeah. It was 'never turn your back on the enemy'. Why-"

I didn't even have time to react when Sehun smoothly lifted his gun and shot, causing a bright blue laser to directly hit the laser-sensor on my vest. My eyes widened as it beeped and flickered out, causing the light on my vest to fade. 

Sehun smirked as he lowered his weapon. "Sorry babe, but a game is a game."

"Y-you...what?" I continued to stare, shocked. "What did...How could you?"

He shrugged. "It was Chanyeol's idea. I'm surprised it worked," he mused, before walking over and giving my shoulder a pat, a mischievous grin settling on his lips. "It's nothing personal, so don't take it to heart. It had to be done."

I wanted to wipe the smug expression off his face. Shock, embarrassment, indignation and anger welled up in my chest. "You ing jerk! You planned that all along!"

He raised an eyebrow. "Of course. It was a bit more fun than just shooting you from a distance, right?"

With an angry glare, I stalked off to where the waiting area was without another word. Unsurprisingly, B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter