Chapter 31| The Aftermath

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'BREAKING NEWS: HEIRS OF KOREA'S BIGGEST RIVALS ARE SET TO BE ENGAGED!'

Report by Jang Soo Jin, 5/11/2017

RUMOURS have been circling around lately at the Oh's and Kim's seemingly sudden friendship and goodwill. Last night at the Oh Corporation's only heir, Oh Sehun's 18th birthday, these rumours were only proven further. Last night, pictures of the CEO's of the two major companies talking amiably were taken, very much unlike what you'd expect from the biggest rivalling companies in Korea!

And that's barely the tip of the iceberg. The young heirs, Kim Areum and the star of the night, Oh Sehun, were seen chatting and laughing together at the party. Even more suspicious is that a while later, the two seemed to vanish together. One man reportedly saw them leaving together, hands intertwined. What were these two young lovebirds up to?

Our questions are answered, however, as reliable sources tell us that a plan to merge the two companies together is taking place at the end of the year! And what better way to seal it than with a marriage, with the two heirs so close in age it was almost like fate? 

What do you think about this? Korea's most desired bachelor and bachelorette are getting married!

 

'BREAKING NEWS: ENGAGEMENT BETWEEN KIM AND OH HEIRS IS CONFIRMED!'

Report by Park Mi Yoon, 7/11/2017

YESTERDAY in an exciting press conference, both CEO's of Oh and Kim Corporations Pty Ltd confirmed the engagement between their heirs! 

'We wanted to let the kids get to know each other a little better before we revealed the engagement. Thankfully, they've both gotten along very well and the engagement is going ahead,' Mr Oh reveals. 

'We're all very excited about the merge and ending this year-long rivalry between our companies,' Mrs Kim also said. 

No comment was made by either of the two young heirs, who were not present at the conference. However, many comments about their engagement have been posted online. The ship 'SeReum' has already begun to rise with rapid popularity as fans take to social media to express their support. 

'OMG! So cute!! I'm so jealous >////<
- Kim Sora @UnnieSR34

'It's like a fairytale come true! They're perfect for each other!'
- Kang Seola @Seola1995

'The dream couple.'
- Jung Jinsoo @Jinjin_kimchi

However, people have also expressed their dislike or concern for this news.

'What a ty idea, marrying off two teenagers like that! Honestly, I expected better!'
- Im Shin Hye @ISHye34

'Areum totally doesn't deserve Sehun! He's so attractive!'
- Jun Seol @Junnnnnnn05

'Dammit Kim Areum's taken. She was cute.'
- Park Joongdo @JoongdoPark_Seoul

 

Third Person POV

It'd been a week since Sehun's birthday, 7 days since the engagement had confirmed and what felt like an eternity since he'd had last seen Areum. He hadn't seen her since his party. He called and texted her at times, but it couldn't completely make up for the lack of contact.

Their parents had agreed it would be best if they lived separately and have as little contact as possible for now, or at least until the rumours died down. They didn't want any more rumours circulating - it was bad enough that the engagement had been announced a month before it was supposed to be. 

And while Sehun certainly was not like Romeo pining for his Juliet, to say he missed Areum would be a severe understatement. 

On the other side, it was the same for Areum. She missed his smile, his random kisses, his ty insults, his childish attitude and brattiness, everything. The day after the party, Jin had rushed over to see if she was alright and spent the day with her, keeping her company. Her parents had assured her that they'd handle everything and that it wasn't her fault, but she still felt guilty. She could see the tired bags under her parents' eyes. 

To make things worse, school was starting tomorrow. Areum really didn't want to face the rumours, judgement and whispers behind her back that would most definitely occur as she walked down the halls. Taeyeon had promised she would not leave her side, much to Areum's gratitude, but she was still nervous.

'Man up, Areum,' she scolded herself as she put on her school uniform for the first time in weeks. 'You'll be fine. You're strong, you can do this.'

The school had been notified of the news and were told there would be strictly no questions asked of the two teenagers and that there was to be minimal mention of the subject. That, unfortunately, would not stop the students from gossiping and talking. Her parents had decided that she was to travel to school with Sehun now since the news was out anyway. They might as well start acting like a real couple. After tonight, they'd be moving back to their small apartment. 

She was nervous, nervous about seeing Sehun for the first time in a week. Excitement swelled in her stomach, coupled with the fear of facing her fellow classmates. Taking a deep breath, she walked out the front door to see the white Aston Martin parked out the front, a familiar blonde figure leaning against it. His eyes lifted and their gazes met. 

Somehow, all the nerves seemed to slowly wash away as he smiled at her. "Hey," he spoke softly as she approached. 

"Hey," she replied, speaking with the same quiet tone he'd used. She was now barely a foot away from him.

"How have you been?" 

"I've been good. You?"

"Would have been better if I were with you," he shrugged. She flushed - did he seriously have to make her blush first thing after not seeing him for a week?

She opened to speak but she was cut off as Sehun suddenly hooked an arm around her waist and pulled her towards him until their chests touching. He grinned down at her. "Much better. I've missed you."

A smile made its way to her face. She'd almost forgot why she'd been so nervous in the first place.

'Since when did you become such a sap?' a small voice asked her in the back of her mind, but she ignored it and instead, focussed on the boy in front of her. "I guess I missed you too," she acted nonchalantly. "Barely though."

He pressed his forehead against hers, a challenging glint in his eye. He leaned closer until his lips were barely an inch from hers. "Is that so?"

"Not really. I missed you a lot, so just kiss me already," she replied, laughing. He didn't need to be told twice and quickly pressed his lips against hers. It felt good to be kissed by him again after so long, she thought as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Unfortunately, school was still a thing that they needed to attend, so they pulled away after a few moments - a few moments too early, in Sehun's opinion. He opened the door for him before entering himself, revving up the engine.

"So... our engagement is no longer a secret," he commented. Immediately, Areum tensed and he glanced at her from the side. "If you didn't know already."

"Because it totally hasn't been in the news all week," she mumbled back sarcastically. He chuckled and grabbed her hand, intertwining it with his while the other stayed on the steering wheel. 

"We'll be fine," he said quietly. "Don't let anyone bother you."

She nodded silently as they reached the school. People were already staring and she took a deep breath. She felt him squeeze her hand lightly and looked up at him as he sent her a quick, reassuring smile.

*****Areum's POV*****

As soon as I opened the door I could already hear the whispers flying through the surrounding students. Seeling myself to ignore them, I straightened and turned to Sehun, who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter