Chapter 17| Doctor Oh

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

I looked out of the window of the plane, something akin to regret in my chest as I observed the island one last time.  We were going back to Seoul today and were currently seated on the plane, preparing for take off. I'd had a lot of fun here and part of me didn't want to leave, but... I didn't have a choice. Duty calls. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sehun talking to Kai. Since that night of truth or dare, he hadn't really changed. He was still the same annoying jerk who had a knack of getting on my nerves, and yet...

There was something undeniably different too. Slight changes, barely noticeable but definitely there. Subtle glances when he thought I wasn't looking, hidden smiles and brief touches. There was something addictive about these stolen moments, and they somehow always left me wanting more. It felt... exhilarating and almost dangerous, like we were playing a forbidden sort of game where neither of us wanted to lose. 

Which of course, I told myself was completely idiotic. And yet it didn't stop my heart from beating slightly faster than normal every time our hands accidentally brushed or I caught his eye from across the room. I shook my head. I really needed to get a grip. I stared out of the window again. We were about to take flight. The plane sped up.

As the aircraft began to ascend, Baekhyun turned to Junmyeon with a knowing smirk on his face. "So, how's everything with Yifan? You guys sorted out now?"

The latter blushed, glaring at Baekhyun. "Were you spying on us?"

Everyone's attention was immediately turned towards the two. "What's this?" Chanyeol asked excitedly. "Is Junmyeon Hyung getting some action?"

The said Hyung hit the taller boy with a pillow. "No, you idiot. We just talked."

"About what?" Baekhyun asked eagerly. Junmyeon just shrugged, a small, sly smile on his face. 

"That's for me to know and you to stop pestering me about," he replied, causing the other two to groan. 

"But did you at least sort out your problems?" Taeyeon asked. Junmyeon nodded. 

"Yeah, I guess you could say we did," I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one wondering about the satisfied yet slightly sad smile on his face. 

********A few weeks later********

Life was pretty uneventful. Autumn was passing by and Winter was slowly approaching. The leaves of the trees in the school ground had all fallen and the days were getting much colder.

Unfortunately for me, this meant getting sick because my body obviously hated me and had no regard for the amount of school work I had. Sneezing for what seemed like the 10th time in the past 2 minutes, I groaned and rubbed my red nose, feeling my throat ache and my head throb. Cursing myself for always getting sick around this time of year, I trudged to school, coat wrapped tightly around my body. My skin was pale, my nose was red and I had dark smudges under my eyes. I looked terrible.

"You look, in the nicest way possible, like ," was the first thing Kai said when I sat down in class. I glared at him before grabbing another tissue, blowing my nose in a rather unladylike manner. I saw the tanned boy's lips twitch upwards and my scowl deepened. 

"Watch it, pretty boy, or else I'll sneeze on you," I warned. Kai raised his two hands in surrender. 

"Please spare me, your majesty. I promise I won't laugh at you again," The smile on his face didn't disappear, but I was too tired to care. 

"Whatever, you ," I sighed, rubbing my forehead. The day had barely started and I could already feel the exhaustion and ache all over my body. 

*****************

It was lunch time and I wasn't feeling any better. I dragged myself to the cafeteria, plonking myself down at our usual table with an undignified groan. Sehun stared at me in concern, eyes wide with surprise. He had left early that morning because of a business meeting his parents had requested for him to attend and so missed the first half of school, as well as the sight me walking around looking like a zombie and sneezing every 5 seconds. 

"You look..." he started and I glared at him. 

"Sick? Yes, I know. That's because I am," I huffed, resting my head on the table in exhaustion. I didn't even have the appetite for lunch. Suddenly, I felt a cold hand on my forehead. I looked up to see Sehun with his hand on my head, a frown on his lips. My heart sped up ever so slightly and I could have sworn my cheeks flushed. 

"I think you have a fever," he muttered, feeling his own forehead for confirmation. "You should go to the nurse."

"She's not here today. She's sick with the flu as well," I shook my head, sitting up properly. Sehun removed his hand as his eyebrows furrowed deeper.

"Then I'll take you home. You're in no condition to continue with school," he said, standing up. I blinked at him. 

"Since when did you care?" I asked bluntly. He scoffed. 

"The quicker you recover, the less chance you have of passing your illness to me," he replied flatly. I rolled my eyes, standing up and dusting off my skirt. 

"Of course. And here I thought, Sehun was being nice for once," I muttered. He only smirked. 

Back at home, Sehun immediately forced me to go to bed, even going as far as to literally rolling my up in blankets. "Yah! Do you want me to overheat?" I growled as he tried piling on the third blanket. He paused, realising that I probably had enough warmth and shrugged, putting the blanket away. 

"I asked Kyungsoo to make you some soup, so he'll probably bring it after school is over. Until then, you should sleep," he said. "Oh, and you should probably have some medicine... I don't think we have any, so I'll run down to the convenience store and get some... should I get anything else? Is there anything else you need? Cold pack... towel, maybe? But we already have... wait, should I take you to hospital? What if you get worse? But then..."

I stared at him as he muttered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter