Chapter 25| Learning to share

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I want to sit next to Noona!"

"Too bad, kid. I'm already sitting next to her."

"No fair!" 

"Well-"

"I swear to god, you two!" I finally snapped, rubbing my temples tiredly. It had been barely 6 hours since Jaehyun moved in with us and he and Sehun were already giving me a headache with all their bickering. It was dinner time and I was sitting on the edge of the table. Sehun had automatically sat next to me, but Jaehyun obviously disagreed with the seating plan. "Sehun, just move and let Jaehyun sit there."

"Yes!" My nephew let out a victorious shout, sticking is tongue out and Sehun. The latter stared at me accusingly. 

"Why do you always favour him?" he mumbled but didn't dare disobey when I glared at him. 

"Because he's 5 years old and you, my friend, are 17. So start acting like it."

Sehun only pouted, mumbling about 'how I didn't love him' or whatnot as he moved to the chair across the table. Unconsciously, a smile slid onto my face as I watched him. It was amusing, how childish he could be. It was surprisingly cute, in a way. 

"Hey noona," Jaehyun spoke. "Can we watch a movie after dinner?"

"Hmm, I don't see why not. What movie do you wanna watch?" I asked. He tilted his head thoughtfully, hand on his chin. 

"Hmmm...Let's watch the Lion King!" he perked up excitedly. Sehun rolled his eyes. 

"That movie's lame."

"Sehun-hyung is the one who's lame." I bit my lip to stop myself from sniggering. You tell him, Jaehyun!

"Yah, kid! I'm your Hyung! You can't-"

"Alright, alright!" I interrupted, trying to stop another argument from happening. "Sehun, what movie do you want to watch?" At his excited expression, I added, "Something kid-friendly."

He rolled his eyes. "How about Transformers?"

I pursed my lips and gave him a look. "He's 5, not 13."

Sehun glared at me, but then proceeded to think again.

"Why does he get to choose the movie?" Jaehyun protested. 

"Because your noona loves me," Sehun replied smugly.

"No, I don't," I ignored Sehun's indignant whine. "He doesn't get to pick. I'm just letting him give me an option and then I'll decide in order to make it fair."

"Then there's no point in me even picking!" Sehun exclaimed. "I can't think of anything that would be remotely entertaining and suitable for a toddler."

"I'm not a toddler!"

"You act like one."

"Noona! Sehun is being mean!"

"I can't believe this," I groaned. "That's it. Sehun, if you can't decide, we're going with the Lion King."

********************

Contrasting to the rather cold air outside, I felt strangely warm in bed. I assumed it was the work of the blankets, but when my eyes finally cracked open, filling my vision with a familiar, solid chest clothed in grey, I realised that the comfortable heat certainly was not from any blanket. 

Somehow, during the night, I'd ended up nestling against Sehun's chest for warmth. He'd wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer into a cocoon of warmth and comfort. As my mind slowly pieced together the blurry recollections of last night, my face began flushing pink. 

It was barely 7 am and this boy had already managed to make me blush. Surely that was illegal. 

Tilting my head, I slowly lifted a hand and brushed the stray strands of blonde hair out of Sehun's face, careful not to wake him. A soft smile rose to my face as my fingers trailed down his cheek.

"Idiot," I whispered softly. "What are you doing to me?"

"I think the question is what you're doing to me," a familiar voice broke the quiet atmosphere as Sehun's eyes flickered open, capturing mine with an amused glint. I froze, horror and embarrassment creeping up my cheeks. My hand was still on his cheek. "What are you trying to do to me while I'm asleep, huh?"

"I, uh... I-I wasn't..." My face burned with mortification. A smirk tilted his lips as he reached up, grabbing the hand that was still hovering near his face and interlacing it with his, all while pulling me even closer. He leaned in.

"You-"

"Noona! Hyung! Wake up, wake up!" footsteps pounded down the hall and Sehun groaned. 

"This ing kid," he muttered. I gave him a disapproving look, despite the smile on my face, and sat up. Sehun reluctantly released his grip on my waist as the door slammed open and my young nephew came running in. 

"Wake up already!" he shouted, voice far too loud for this early in the morning. 

"Jaehyun!" I scolded. "Not so loud. You'll wake up the neighbours."

Sehun smirked as Jaehyun looked down guiltily. "Sorry noona. I just wanted to go out and play."

Sighing, I stood up. I could never stay angry at him for long. He was too cute. "I'll make breakfast and then we can go out, okay?"

He nodded eagerly and ran out of the room, dinosaur toy in hand. As I was about to head towards the bathroom, an arm hooked around my waist and pulled me back. 

"Do you have to go?" Sehun pouted. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why? Is the big baby going to miss me while he's at work?" I asked teasingly. Sehun and I, during holidays, worked occasional shifts at the office and unfortunately for my fiancé, he had to go in today. 

He glared at my nickname for him and I laughed. "Of course I'm going to miss you." 

That shut me up. He didn't even try to deny it. Was he trying to kill me?

Fighting back the blush, I lightly pecked his forehead. He stiffened in surprise as I leaned away and smiled, ruffling his hair. "I'm sure you'll be fine." 

Before I could protest, he pulled me down and pressed his lips against mine in a kiss that was far too breathtaking for the morning. My eyes widened in shock as all the air in my lungs seemed to vanish and my heart began speeding up. After a moment that felt far too short, he pulled away and grinned. 

"There we go. Now I feel better," he let me go and casually walked to the bathroom, leaving me dumbfounded by the bed. 

This ing brat...

**********************

I ended up taking Jaehyun to the park nearby. We played a few games such as hide and seek the playground before having lunch at a nearby bakery. After that, he asked if we could go to the nearby market, where I bought him a hand-sewn stuffed lion at a stall that sold handmade textiles. 

We were about to leave the stall when a small stuffed wolf keyring caught my attention. Smiling, I picked it up and held it up to eye-level. Somehow, it reminded me of a certain blonde fiancé of mine. It looked fierce and scary but was actually quite cute and soft. Under a sudden impulse, I decided to buy it. 

After heading home, I began cooking dinner while Jaehyun played with his toys, his stuffed lion a proud new addition to his collection. Suddenly, there was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter