Chapter 46| Take you home

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Meet me tonight at the abandoned building I showed you on the night of my birthday. 8 o'clock, see you there.'

- OSH

I stared at the note in my locker, suddenly feeling conflicted. After we got back from camp, Joohyun had been glued to Sehun's side even more than usual. Not once had we had the chance to properly talk and the small hope I'd had that we'd make up was beginning to fade. Now, Sehun wanted to meet up? After all that?

I bit my lip, eyeing the familiar handwriting before stuffing it into my pocket. As much as I wanted to be angry at him, I was sick of this. Sick of avoiding him, sick of acting like Joohyun didn't bother me, sick of pretending it didn't hurt when I saw them together.

As much as I wanted to be angry at him, I wanted to be in his arms once again even more.

*********************

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door the roof of the building Sehun told me to meet him. Looking around, I felt a flash of disappointment when I saw he hadn't arrived yet. I guess it was a good thing though - it gave me a moment to prepare. My heart was thumping wildly and my palms were clammy. I was nervous as hell.

Gently shutting the door behind me, I approached the railing on the edge and leaned my elbows against it, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes. The cool night air danced around me, calming me down. My mind flashed back to the first time he took me here, on his birthday. I remembered how we kissed and I looked down, sighing.

Would we be able to go back to that relationship?

****Third Person POV****

While Areum was waiting at the building, Sehun was preparing to leave, to finally repair his relationship with his girlfriend and have her back in his arms. He missed her like hell, to the point where he felt like something inside him was missing when she wasn't around.

He was on his way in the car when his phone began buzzing. He connected the device to his car stereo and saw it was Joohyun calling him. He bit his lip, for the first time hesitating on whether he should pick up or not. Sighing, he swiped his thumb across the screen.

"Joohyun? What's up?"

He was met with sniffling and his eyebrows furrowed. "Joohyun?"

"H-Hey, Sehun," Joohyun's voice was nasally and weak. "I-achoo- I think I'm sick."

He blinked, frowning in concern. "Are you okay? Is anyone with you?"

"I-I'm at home, al-achoo-alone," she mumbled weakly, sniffling some more. "C-could you please...come over? I'd like some company." She began coughing violently at the end of her sentence. "S-Sorry."

He hesitated, pressing his lips together. Areum was waiting for him and he didn't want her to wait, but at the same time, Joohyun was sick and by herself and he couldn't stop himself from worrying about her.

Joohyun and her parents weren't very close - ever since she was a child, she would often be left alone at home while her parents went out on business trips. Even now, she lived alone while her parents lived in China. Though she didn't act like it, she was often very lonely. That was how she and Sehun became friends. He found her one day crying at the park near his house and asked her what was wrong. After she spilled her feelings about how she believed her parents didn't love her, he consoled her and kept her company. Sehun became her first and only true friend and even after he introduced her to the rest of his friends, she still preferred hanging out with just him.

He paused, having an internal war with himself. He glanced down at his phone, where the screensaver of him and Areum taking a selfie together was displayed. His heart clenched as he made a decision.

'I'm sorry, Areum. I'm so, so sorry.’

"Alright," he spoke gently. "I'll be there soon."

"Thanks Sehun," Joohyun mumbled, sniffling again. It almost sounded like she was crying. "I-I'm sorry for being such a bother."

"You're not a bother," he said firmly, walking towards his car. "I'll see you soon, alright? Get some rest too."

"Okay. Bye Sehun," she hung up and he sighed, looking down at his phone. Scrolling through his contacts, he selected Areum’s number. It rang once before his screen suddenly turned black. He blinked, frowning as he pulled over to the side to check his phone. He cursed as he realised he his phone had run out of battery. He bit his lip worriedly - he had no way to contact Areum now. She was going to be waiting there pointlessly for him while he spent his time with Joohyun. Guilt tugged at his stomach as he clutched the wheel of his car. He sighed, pulling out onto the road again. There was nothing he could do for now - he’d charge his phone when he got to Joohyun’s house.

**********************

‘Where is he?’ Areum wondered, glancing at her watch for the fifth time, frowning. It was close to 8:30 and he still wasn’t here. ‘Maybe he’s caught in traffic.’

Doubt started to worm through her mind as time passed. She refused to believe that he’d stood her up, but the reality of the situation was unable to be ignored forever. An hour had passed since when they were supposed to meet up and he still wasn’t here. It was getting late and Areum shivered as she wrapped her jacket closer around her frame. She glanced at her watch again. 9:12, it read. She checked her phone again. She’d called and messaged him multiple times, but he hadn’t picked up or replied. Worry set in - maybe he ran into trouble?

She bit her lip, sighing as she shoved her phone in her pocket. After another 10 minutes, a simmering suspicion began to grow in her gut and with it, a sense of disbelief. 

'He wouldn't... no. He's just late... he wouldn't do that to me...'

She knew for a fact that he hadn't gotten into an accident. He would have called her if he had, and had it been serious, his parents would have. She bit her lip, staring out into the street, hoping that that familiar white sportscar would appear. 

But it didn't, even after 2 hours had passed. As the hour hand on her watch slowly ticked towards the 10 o'clock  dial, she slowly had to come to terms with the fact that, as much as she hoped it wasn't true...

Sehun wasn't coming.

Suddenly, an ugly feeling reeled inside her chest. It was a whirlwind of fury, rage, anger and indignation that swirled inside her with such a force, she gripped her phone until her knuckles turned white. Suddenly, it buzzed. 

[From: Oh Sehun]

I can't meet with up with you today. Sorry. We'll talk later.

She would be lying if she said that didn't hurt. She almost laughed as she glanced to the side, tears welling up in her eyes on their own accord despite how hard she tried to blink them away. Was that really how much he cared about their relationship? had she been delusional this entire time? Had he thought it was all a joke?

It was like a stab in the chest. Like someone had repeatedly punched her, causing the air to vanish from her lungs no matter how hard she tried to breathe. She felt like screaming, cursing, throwing her phone away. She wanted to cry, to shove his pathetic text message up his . She wanted it all to stop. 

But instead, she took a deep, shaky breath, forcing her tears back. 

She'd cried enough over this jerk. 

And she'd finally had enough.

**********************

"The strongest drink you have, give me 3 shots," Areum demanded, sliding up to the bar and deadpanning the bartender. The said man blinked, raising an eyebrow at the young, petite, harmless looking girl who had made such a request. The bar was filled with scantily dressed females and rough looking men, dancing and stumbling around, completely drunk. She looked completely out of place, and yet here she was. 

"Uh... Are you sure, miss?" The bartender, a young man by the name of Jongdae, asked hesitantly. The flat, 'don't-argue-with-me' glare she gave him was enough indication though, as he shrugged and proceeded to take out 3 shot glasses and a bottle of white vodka. Glancing up curiously, he saw her inspecting the rest of the club. There was a hard, angry glint in her eyes and he could only wonder what caused her to resort to this method. He'd seen h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter