Chapter 4| First day

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Sehun woke that morning, he felt oddly comfortable.

Well, as comfortable as you can get when sleeping on a couch.

The blonde 17-year-old frowned when he noticed the pillow under his head and the blanket draped over his body. He glanced over and noticed his laptop closed and placed on the coffee table. Sehun was pretty sure he had accidentally fallen asleep while he was still working on his report, so how he had gotten into this position eluded him.

'Unless...'

He glanced up, noticing the smell of cooking for the first time. He frowned again. Had Areum gotten him the blanket and pillow? It seemed unlikely, considering the girl's obvious dislike towards him. But how else would he have gotten into this position?

He stumbled into the kitchen, hair still slightly dishevelled. He internally groaned as his back twinged in protest, slightly regretting his choice to give Areum the bed. The couch was new, so it was naturally a little stiff. That stiffness now reflected on Sehun's aching back.

The first thing he noticed was the rather delicious smell of bacon cooking. He saw Areum, still dressed in her pyjamas with a large hoodie over the top, standing by the stove, humming slightly to herself as she carefully watched the strips of salty meat sizzle on the pan.

"What are you doing?" He asked flatly, even though it was clear. He just wanted to startle her, which worked. She gave a small jump, whirling around in alarm. When she saw it was just Sehun, she narrowed her eyes, dislike clear in her eyes.

"What else does it look like I'm doing? I'm making breakfast, you idiotic ," She sniffed, turning back to the stove and expertly slipping the bacon out of the pan and into the waiting plate, already laden with eggs and toast.

Sehun raised an eyebrow. If there was one thing that amused him as much as it irritated him, it was Areum's insults. They were quite colourful and certainly not your usual run-of-the-mill ones.

"Go get changed and cleaned up," She ordered him. "You look like you just woke up from a hangover."

The blonde boy glared at her. "At least I don't look like I was hit by a train twice, unlike a certain someone." He replied sarcastically. Areum returned the glare.

"I can't believe I actually made breakfast for you, you ungrateful douchebag," She exclaimed. Sehun shrugged carelessly.

"No one forced you to."

If her glare could kill, Sehun would probably be five feet under. "There are over a million words in the English language and not a single one of them can describe just how much I want to hit your face with a chair right now," She muttered under her breath, but Sehun heard it loud and clear. He even had the audacity to laugh.

"Well, you see, the difference between us is that your face looks like it caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a fork. So even if I were to hit it with a chair, it wouldn't make a difference," He retorted, smirking triumphantly. Areum closed her eyes, massaging her temples while muttering to herself.

"You know what? Just go clean yourself up and eat. I'm ing hungry," she sighed, too tired to argue, grabbing her own plate and stalking past him with a huff to the dining table. Thankfully for her, Sehun obeyed this time.

Soon, he settled in the seat across from her, fresh and clean, in casual jeans and t-shirt. He eyed the contents of his plate warily. "Are you sure this is edible?" he mocked.

She glared up at him. "Oh, don't worry, it's very much edible. Just whether or not it's poisoned is the real question."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, deciding to take a bite anyway. To his surprise, it tasted delicious. Careful not to show any of his enjoyment of the meal, he continued eating, this time with slightly more vigour. Areum noticed and smirked to herself.

Once they had finished eating, Areum took the plates and placed them in the sink. She had just begun washing them when Sehun entered the kitchen, nudging her to the side (none too gently), and took her position in front of the sink. She scowled at him.

"What do you think you're doing?" she snapped, thinking he'd just pushed her for the fun of it. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"What else does it look like I'm doing?" He used her previous words against her. 'I'm doing the dishes, you ."

Areum's face contorted in confusion. "Why?"

"Are you usually this slow or is there just something wrong with you today? Did you fall out of bed and knock your head or something?" He taunted. "You cooked this morning. So I'm doing the cleaning. Duh."

She didn't bother hiding her surprise. Disregarding his jibe, she raised an eyebrow. "Wow, so you actually have a conscience?"

Sehun scoffed. "It's more like I can't stand seeing you humming about when standing in the kitchen. It's annoying."

The girl rolled her eyes, huffing. What had she expected?

"Oh, one thing..." Sehun suddenl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter