Chapter 35| Picture Perfect

Affair | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Perfect! Just like that, please," The old, pushy photographer exclaimed, clicking his camera furiously and causing many bright flashes to assault my eyes. I held back the urge to roll my eyes and shared a glance with the blonde boy next to me. I could tell he felt the same. His hair was styled back and he was in an expensive navy suit, a perfect match for my blue dress. His hand was wrapped around my waist as the camera and lighting flashed around us. Off the set, our parents were grinning excitedly.

What were we doing? Good question. This morning, I received a text from my mother telling me I had a photo shoot scheduled with Sehun for the newspaper and various other publishing companies to confirm the engagement. We were apparently going to be making the front page of several magazines and newspapers around Korea. We'd arrived at the venue at 8 am sharp where we met the photographer - an old, wizened but spritely and impatient man - before we were whisked away by various makeup artists and fashion designers. 

"Now, Miss Kim, please turn and wrap your arms around Mr Oh's neck, just like that yes!" The photographer smiled as I complied, grumbling. Sehun shot me an amused glance at the sight of my irritation. He wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning in subtly. 

"Having fun?" He whispered, grinning. 

"Lots," I replied sarcastically.

"Excellent! Act like you're in love! Smile at each other," The photographer called out. Sehun glanced at him in irritation. 

"I don't know if this guy can tell but I'm not really acting," he sighed, causing my cheeks to redden. He pressed his forehead against mine and gently held my cheek, holding the position for a few seconds. The photographer crowed in victory, his camera flashing furiously.

"Alright, I think we can wrap it up now," He finally shouted a few minutes later. He sent us a satisfied smile. "You two did well - it almost seems like you're truly in love."

Sehun raised an eyebrow - we hadn't told anyone we'd properly started dating yet. We wanted to preserve our peace for a while before everyone began asking questions. Still, that didn't stop Sehun from looking just a little bit affronted. I chuckled, intertwining his hand around mine and tugging him away, giving him a pointed look. He frowned in reluctance, sending the photographer one last scowl before following me.

"What an annoying man," he commented, once we finally got changed and sat down to rest. Our parents were off somewhere, probably overseeing and picking out the final shots that would be published. I sighed tiredly, leaning back against the uncomfortable plastic chair. 

"I agree," I nodded, before noticing Sehun's mother walking towards us excitedly. 

"Sehun, Areum! Come see the results!" She called eagerly. "They look beautiful!"

Sharing a curious glance, we followed her as she led us to a large computer screen, where the rest of our parents, the photographer and the editor stood in front of. They were scrolling through a selection of pictures.

I was surprised - we actually looked pretty awesome. Some images had been edited to be black and white. Those ones gave off a classy, refined and elegant aura. One of them, which my mother claimed to be her favourite, was when I was seated in a vintage styled chair and gazing at the camera with my chin in my hand, while Sehun stood behind me, leaning on the backrest with his elbows looking down at me. I was amazed as we scrolled through some of the other shots - Sehun could totally get into the modelling industry if he weren't the heir to a business. 

Other shots were brighter and more colourful - displaying a more cutesy side rather than elegance. Sehun's mother's favourite was one of the ones we took last - I was standing and smiling while Sehun had his left arm draped around my neck, looking playful. 

"Excellent. I'll have these ready and edited by tonight and I'll send them in, ready for tomorrow," the editor clapped his hand. 

"Fantastic. I look forward to it," My father said, before checking his watch. "Well, if that's it, we should go. We still have business to attend. You two," he turned to look at us. "You can go back home. I've got my assistant to contact the school and explain your absence. Go home and take a break for today."

With a nod, we left the building together to where Jae Sun was waiting by the limousine. "Miss, are you ready to go home?" He noticed Sehun behind me. "And Mr Oh?"

"Yup," I nodded. "Let's go home."

********************

"Let's take a couple photo," Sehun's voice broke the tranquil silence. I paused, eyes stopping in the middle of the sentence I was reading. I blinked, wondering if I heard that right.

"A what?" I looked up, staring at him blankly. He grinned, leaning over the couch and holding up a familiar blue Polaroid camera. 

"Where'd you find that?" I asked, reaching for it. It had been a special gift from Jin for my 15th birthday. I rarely used it nowadays, but I kept it with me for sentimental purposes. 

"I found it while cleaning our room. It's yours, right?" he held it out of reach, causing me to give him a flat glare. 

"Yes. Jin gave it to me for my 15th birthday. Now can I please have it?"

"Only after we take a couple picture."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why do you want to take one all of a sudden?"

"Well we've been dating for a while now-" 

"If a week counts as a while then yeah sure," he gave me an exasperated look at my interruption and I shrugged, gesturing at him to continue. 

"Anyway, we've been dating for a while now, and I think it's time we take some sort of couple photo as proof," he finished, holding up the camera with a mischievous smile. "I thought about it after having today's photo shoot. What do you say?"

"I say no way," I replied, plucking an eyebrow and taking back my camera, ignoring his fallen expression. 

"Why not?" he whined, leaning over the couch until his face was right next to mine, so close I could feel his minty breath fanning my cheek and neck, causing shivers to run down my spine. It was distracting and he knew it, if that small smug tilt of his lips was any indication. 

"Because that's so cliché," I replied, wrinkling my nose. "Besides, we don't need proof. We're dating, and that's that."

He pouted, giving me his best puppy dog eyes. "But sweetheart...."

I tried not to look, I really did. I tried my best to resist. I was usually quite impervious to puppy-dog eyes, considering I'd grown immune after baby-sitting Jaehyun so much.

But Sehun's aegyo was not something to trifle with. He rarely ever used it, but when he did, it was with devastating effect. 

Pressing my lips together, I scowled. "You're not going to stop pestering me until I give in, right?"

His bright, victorious and smug grin gave away that he knew he'd won. "Yup," he said, popping the 'p'. "So can we?"

I sighed, snapping my book shut. "You're worse than Jaehyun when it comes to aegyo," I huffed, giving him a glare. "Such a brat."

"You love this brat though," he pointed out, smirking. I didn't answer, but my pink cheeks were all he needed. 

"Sometimes I really wonder how," I muttered to myself. He heard me and laughed, pecking me on my temple before raising the camera. 

"Say cheese," he grinned, giving a brilliant smile that was rarely seen. Reluctantly, my lips lifted into an amused grin as the small flash went off. The Polaroid whirred as a small white card was ejected. Taking it, Sehun placed it face down on the couch to let it develop. After a few minutes, a faint outline of an image began to appear. Soon, it showed a photo of Sehun grinning brightly and me with a small, amused smile on my face. I had to admit, it looked pretty cute. Sehun seemed dissatisfied though. 

"I don't like the lighting of this one. Let's take another one."

And so, Sehun took about 4 more photos. As each of them developed, he always seemed dissatisfied. After the 5th, I scowled. "Enough already! You're pickier than the photographer this morning," I complained. He sent me a grin.

"One last time," he said. After seeing my reluctant expression, he moved, walking around the couch and tugging me out of my seat. I sighed. 

"Fine, but one more only," I warned, giving him a stern look. He merely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter