Use the wish

Arrange Magic

Magic Trick 7

“Why are you here?” I shriek at him. I point down the corridor, “Didn’t the teacher just left?!”

He winces at my voice, “Well…yea. But she told me-“he cuts his sentence short and grins up at me. I stare at him suspiciously, “She told you what?”

He only grins harder. I huff, “On the other hand, I don’t want to know,” I turn around to leave school. He catches up to me though, “Aren’t you suppose to ask me something?” he confidently asks as his pace matches mine.

“No!” I snap and walk faster. “Are you sure?” he drags out the sentence. I stop and turn to look at him, “Ok, what did she told you?” I narrow my gaze on him. He looks at his fingernails casually, “That you need help with your trig-gon-no-me-try,” he slowly says the last word. I growl at him and sigh. He looks up expectantly and lounges on the wall as he wriggles his eyebrows suggestively.

“I never thought I would say this, but,” my head go down as I stare at the floor.

“Go on,” Key urges, obviously enjoying my suffering. But hey, who said I’m suffering?

“I really hate you with passion, Mr. I’m-on-top-of-the-grade,” I look up in time to see Key’s mouth drops open.

“That’s not how you ask people’s favour!” he shrieks.

“Eun Jung! What did the teacher said?” Amelia bounds over to me and hugs me. “That I’m failing my grade,” I fake happiness.

“That’s not good,” Minho replies, walking towards us with Taemin beside him. “You can always ask Key to teach you,” Jonghyun suggests.

“No, I’m not. I change my mind,” Key grumbles. “Use the wish thingy,” Onew suggests and Key brightens up.

“You are failing,” Amelia reminds me as she watches my face change.

“Just use the wish, it’s no big deal,” Jonghyun consoles. “I can always teach you!” Taemin jabs in.

“No, you not going to teach anyone,” Minho, Onew, Amelia and Jonghyun hiss at him.

“Remember, you can’t teach to save your life,” Amelia whispers quietly. I turn my head to look at her, “What?” I say, incredulous.

“Who can’t teach?” Key looks at them bewildered.

“Come on, ask,” Jonghyun urges at me. I look at Key and he’s smiling. “If you want to ask for the wish, say it like this; I, Eun Jung, am asking the almighty Key a wish.”

“What are you, a king?” I snap back. He shrugs, “I can always make you bow down and kiss the floor while you are at it,” I scowl.

“Fine!” I stare long and hard at Key. Amelia pushes me at the back, “Go on,” she whispers. Better get this over and done with.

“I, Eun Jung,” I start and grit my teeth, “Am asking the almighty Key for a wish,”

“I accept the wish,” he replies grandly.

“Please teach my trigonometry,” I glare at the wall brick next to Key’s head, boring into it.

“And your wish is taken!” Key smiles.

Taemin cheers, “You and Key go to Key’s house to do that and sit next to each other every single lesson,” he sings out.

“No,” Jonghyun corrects, “Make that every single second,”

Onew merely smiles at Amelia, “Let’s go,”

“And party!” Minho yells out.

Taemin pushes us out of the school and dashes to catch up with the others, “Hurry and go to Key’s home,” he shouts over his shoulder.

“Tell me again, what are they planning?” Key looks at me. I shrug, “You’re supposed to be the genius here, you tell me,” and walk off into a random direction. Then I walk back to him, “I don’t know where your house is,” I grin sheepishly.

[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]

“I’m home!” Key calls out after he unlocks the door. Needless to say we both argued all the way to Key’s house about random topics.

“Welcome home,” a middle-age woman welcomes us. “Mum, this is Eun Jung. Eun Jung, this is my mother,” Key introduces us.

His mother poke Key at the side, “Is she your girlfriend?”

“Mum!” Key protests but his mother shrugs, “What? It’s nothing to be ashamed of,” she leads me into a living room and seats me down on a sofa.

“Stay here,” she winks. Key trails into the living room and awkwardly stands there.

I pat the sofa, “Sit,” and he gingerly sits at the edge.

“Here, here,” Key’s mother puts on my lap several heavy album books. Key glances at it and immediately shouts, “Mum!! Don’t show her that stuff!”

“Why not?” she replies, already half opening the covers. Key pushes the cover hard and snatches the albums away.

“She’s not my girlfriend and never will be,” then he gestures me to follow him into another room. I got to admit that was a bit harsh…but what am I talking about? I don’t want a smart to be my boyfriend either.

“Sit,” he orders pointing to a chair in front of the desk. Then he grabs another chair and sits next to me. I spread all the textbooks and papers out and then he frowns at them.

“So, which bit don’t you get?” he asks confusedly.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes, “All of them,” his forehead crinkles as he registers what I just said.

“Fine,” he sighs, “Let’s go with the basic,”

“Yay!” I mock cheer.

[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]

“So which rule do you use?” Key asks, his pen pointing at the diagram that he drew. It’s been 30 minutes and I can see he’s frustrated at me. I look at the diagram closely, “Erm…sine rule?”

He nods, reliefs that he doesn’t have to explain all over again. “Go on,” he urges.

“Er…sine 35=15/30?” I timidly say as I see his face growing angrier and angrier.

“Where the heck did you get 30 from?”

I point to the number, “In the diagram you drew?”

He glares at him, “Stop trying to be cheeky,” Sorry, I thought I was being helpful.

“Sin= Opposite/Hypotenuse. 30 clearly isn’t the hypotenuse.” He sighs. “But you said the biggest number is the hypotenuse!” I protest growing confuse.

“Just admit that you’re stupid!”

“But you said the biggest number is the hypotenuse!” I repeat again, wailing, half piss off and half confuse. Okay, third piss off, third confuse and third worried that I’m going to fail again.

He squints at the paper, “Sorry, I couldn’t read my handwriting there,”

“So I was right! And I’m not stupid! So take that back!” I cheer and point at him.

“I never said you were!” he defends himself. “Just admit you are stupid,” I shake my head as I pencil the answer down.

“Yea, stupid enough to teach you,” he mutters under his breath.

“Next question,” he clears his throat and points to the paper.  I read the question, getting the hang of it before saying, “I heard that,”

I can see him mentally face palming himself.

“Ok, I think that’s enough for today,” Key announces as he watches me finish the question. I look at the clock, it’s already 7.

I pack up all of my stuff and thank him, “See you at school tomorrow,” I wave at him and find his mother.

“Bye bye,” I call out and she smiles and waves at me. “See you later dear,”

I walk out of the door and bump into a girl, scattering all the stuffs in her arms onto the ground.

“Ah ,I’m really sorry,” I bend down to help her. She shakes her head, “No, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have stood in front of the doorway. Thank you for helping out,” she replies as I hand her the papers. She turns to walk away.

“Aren’t you going to go in?” I call after her. She smiles and replies, “Maybe another time,” I shrug, who am I to intrude to her business.

I pull the door shut after me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ooh, who's that girl I wonder? :)

Buwahahaha, only I will know!

Subscribe and comment?

Please? Pwease? Ok, ignore the last 'please'

 

:P