Practise makes perfect

Arrange Magic

Magic Trick 16

I stare incredulous at Key. He’s gulping down water and is a bit pink in the face. “You seriously thought I finished the trick?”

He hiccups in reply. “Anybody would know that brown looking colour water is not water. It’s common sense! How can you become top of the grade with no common sense?  It’s alcohol!” I exasperatedly say taking a look at the empty shot glass.

“Why did you even have alcohol in your house anyway?” he slurs. I twitch and stares at him, “Anyway, you just drunk 70% of alcohol, we’ll continue tomorrow. It’s Saturday tomorrow anyway,” I collect the shot glass and wipe the card clean.

After I done that, I put my hand on my waist. How am I going to move him onto a bed? I glance at his peaceful sleeping face, occasionally mumbling about something. I shrug, my face showing that I don’t give sugar about him.

“I’ll just drag him,” I mutter and roll up my sleeves. “Here we go!” I heave. “I’m going to get you to go to a fitness club!” I stagger backwards and kick open a guest room’s door. And I dump him mercilessly on the bed.

He groans in discomfort and crawl under the blanket.

“Night,” I smile, satisfy with my job, as I close the door.

[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]

Key’s POV

I crawl out from under the covers and clutch at my head. It’s pounding. The door opens a crack and Eun Jung peeks in. “You’re awake,” she states and opens the door fully.

“Here,” she puts a tray on the bedside table. “Eat…and drink,” she adds after eyeing the soup.

“What happened?” I ask her as I take a glass of water off the tray. She rolls her eyes, “You, being the idiot thought alcohol was water. You got drunk on 70% of alcohol. Well…it’s partly diluted, but I’ll say 70% to make you feel guilty,”

She slips a tablet onto the tray, “Take this after you finish eating. It’s Panadol,” she warns. I nod weakly and stop after my vision spins in my head.

“You should be feeling better in the afternoon,” she informs me and close the door. I blink as I remember the event last night.

“Ok,” Eun Jung shows me two shot glass. I stare at them, “Why do we need those?” I ask, pointing to it. “For this trick I’m going to show,” she sets things up. Then she takes a bottle of brown golden liquid and pours it into a glass, up to the rim. She did the same to the other glass, except this time filled with water. She shows me a card taken from a deck of playing cards. “Watch carefully,” she starts then stop. “Actually, since you have the brains, let me ask you one question,” she holds up her index finger. “You got 2 shot glass, one filled with that liquid and another filled with water,” she gestures to the glasses. Then she waves her hand in front of my face and a card flips into view. My eyes grow wide with surprise. How did she do that?

“And you have this card. Just an ordinary card. From this deck,” she pats the deck of cards. “But if you don’t trust me, I can get another new deck for you,” she grins at me. She slowly hands the card over to me with the card between her index and middle finger. “Your choice,” she whispers. I grab the card, “Ok, what do I do?”

She crosses her arm, and half sit and half lean on the table. “Switch those liquid around. So to say that the golden liquid goes into the water shot glass and the water goes into the golden liquid shot glass,“ she glances slyly at me. “Are you up to it?” she challenges. I smirk, “Of course,”

It’s been 5 minutes and I can see the smirk growing on Eun Jung’s face. “Can you stop looking at me?” I hiss at her. She shrugs, “Just checking if you are cheating,” but I can see a grin forming. I sigh and slap the card down on the table top.

“Poor King of Spades,” she dismiss fully says. “I give up,” I mutter in defeat. The look of her face didn’t change. She picks up the card and slides down from the table top.

She places the card onto the top of the water filled glass and turns it upside down. She places both of them on top of the golden liquid filled glass.

“You do this and slide the card a little away to leave a gap between the two glasses,” she shows me and I nod to understand.

“And you, being the brainiac, should know that water is heavier than alcohol,” she shows me as the water trickle down into the other glass and the alcohol trickles up and swirl to the top.

“The bigger the gap, the faster the speed. However,” she warns. “Te bigger the gap, the more likely that those two liquid will be mix together,”

Then the phone rings, “Hmm, be right back. Watch those glasses. It may be done in a few seconds,” she rushes from the room to pick up the phone.

I grab the bottle and frowns when it says dark vinegar. I look back at the glasses and realised it stop. “Dark vinegar, eh?” I mutter as I take the upside down glass with the card to its upright position. I take the card off the rim.

“Wouldn’t hurt,” I shrug and I down it in one go. I smack my lips together, “Taste like water…nah, too bitter,” my throat frantically swallows.

“Drink the water,” my hand reaches out for the other glass and drinks it quickly. “It burns!” I yelp out, clutching at my throat.

“What burns?” Eun Jung hurriedly enters the room then her eyes take in everything.

“You thought I finished the trick?” she asked incredulously. I nod. “I’ll be back,” she sighs and comes back with a big bottle of water.

I open it and gulp down the water. “You seriously thought I finished the trick?” she asks again. I open my mouth but all that come out is a hiccup.

“Anybody would know that brown looking colour water is not water. It’s common sense! How can you become top of the grade with no common sense? Its alcohol!” she exasperatedly gestures to the table.

“Why did you even have alcohol in your house anyway?” I defend myself, slurring on the words. She twitches and I know I hit her nerve.

“Anyway, you just drunk 70% of alcohol, we’ll continue tomorrow. It’s Saturday tomorrow anyway,” she dismiss fully waves the topic aside and my eyes close against my view.

I stare suspiciously at the brown liquid in a cup before me. I pick it up and sniff at it. Then I hear a sigh. “Key, it’s just tea,” Eun Jung looks at me smiling slightly. “Yea, well, last time I read the bottle as ‘dark vinegar’ and it turns out to be alcohol,” I mutter crossly.

Eun Jung stays silent. “Where did the dark vinegar go? In the tea pot?” I take a sip of the tea and approve of it.

“Oh yes, and the tea leaves when to the alcohol bottle,” Eun Jung sarcastically replies. “Oh, shut up,” I glare playfully at her.

“Come on, finish your breakfast already. And since you seem fine, I’ll teach you tricks,” she pushes my head to one side then leave.

 

Eun Jung’s POV

“So, the tricks are to impress her, right?” I ask Key. “Eh, not really,” he shakes his head. I raise my eyebrows, “They decide to take a break,” I sigh dreamily. Key shoots me a look, “What?” I protest “That’s what you said when you begged me to teach you tricks,”

“I didn’t begged,” he scoffs. “Oh yea,” I remember “You forced me to,” I point an accusing finger at him.

 He opens his mouth then shut it. “See, you should have stayed with ‘begged’,” I .

“I can already imagine throttling you if you weren’t going to teach me tricks,” he snarls. “Poor Joo Young,” I sigh. “How could she have been your girlfriend? Imagine it this way, she did something you didn’t like and you said to her: I can already imagine throttling you if you weren’t my girlfriend,” I nod my head against my hands which is beside my left cheek. I sigh again. I glance at Key who is staring irritated at me. “You’re not going to throttle me, right?” I ask assurance from him.

“You should have stayed with ‘Poor Joo Young,”” he lungs at me.

“I’m going to scream bloody murder!” I warn him, getting away from the chair I was seating. “You do that and I’m going to throttle you tenfold than I originally was going to,” he threatens.

“Was? Was?! I haven’t even screamed bloody murder and now you put a past tense in?!” I wail. “And why are you so damn fast?!”

Hmm, this feels like a déjà vu…

I glance behind me, “Haha, I’m winning!” I cheer at the slowing Key. I face forward just in time to hit a wall.

“Who’s winning now?” Key softly pads beside me and plops down onto the rug. “It’s all your fault,” I blame him, holding my forehead.

“Do I get to throttle you?” he asks hopefully. “Ugh, might as well then,” I wave my hand dismiss fully. He grins in victory and when he leans closer I scream in his ear.

“BLOODY MURDER!” he falls backwards. I roll around the floor clutching my stomach. “My god, you woman! My ear!” he hisses.

He crawls over to me. I wipe tears of laughter. “Does that mean I get to strangle you tenfold now?” Key glares.

“Do it and I’ll scream again,” I promise him. He didn’t listen and leans forward, his hand aiming for my neck. I get ready to scream again until I get distracted.

Key puts his hand against my mouth and grins, “I guess I win this round,”

Heat rushes in to colour my cheeks red and Key slowly pulls his hand away from my mouth. He leans in closer, his eyes…I can’t describe the feeling. We were just a bit to touching our noses together.

“Er, shall we start the lesson?” I suggest brightly despite the distance. Key sits up straight.

“Uh, yea,” he replies, a bit flustered.

 

Key’s POV

I follow Eun Jung slowly and shake away the memory. I was this close, this close to be doing what I swore not to do when I met her. What’s wrong with me? Nah, Onew and the others are just paranoid. Must be the effect of the drink from last night. Seriously, who puts alcohol into ‘Dark vinegar’ bottle? Eun Jung, that’s who.

“Something to impress her,” Eun Jung introduces another magic trick. She hands me a stack of napkins.

“I hope you know how to do origami,” she grins as she takes a napkin off from me.

“Ok, just follow me,” she instructs and slowly goes through the steps with me.

“How come yours so perfect,” I grumble putting my napkin against her. She pats the stack of napkins and grins.

“Practice makes perfect,”

___________________________________________

Ok, that's a mini drama, the main drama is nearly coming.....btw, these magic tricks can be done in real life. ^-^

Edit: The drama is in next chapter...hopefully

The first one, in blue is call a switch shot.

As described there, two shot glasses are filled with water in one and alcohol in another. A card is places on top of the water filled one, tip it upside down on the alcohol filled one. Slowly slide the card to form a tiny gap. Water is heavily than alcohol, the two liquids will eventually swap. Again, the bigger the gap, the faster they swatch, but, the bigger the gap the more likely the liquid will mix together

Just don't be stupid like Key did and get drunk..

Sakura4li