The blue dress

Arrange Magic

Magic Trick 30

Eun Jung’s POV

I push the key into the lock and hesitated as my hand wrap around the door knob. I bit my lip, thinking about today. I shake my head, no way does he like me. I smile, relieved, and turn the knob halfway, does he? My hand stops again.

“Eun Jung?” the door opens a fraction and a head peek behind it. “What took you so long to open the door?” it asks curiously as it eyes me up and down. I sigh, “Nothing,” I push open the door and enter the house.

“You’re not going to greet your daddy who hadn’t been home for a while?” a hurt voice whines. I whip around to see my dad hiding behind the door like a sulking kid.

I laugh, “Oh dad,” I hug him. “That’s more like it, now, tell me what got you so occupied that you didn’t realise the best dad in the world came home!”

“Oh, don’t worry, it’s a boy problem,” I sigh.

He raises his eyebrows and point to himself, “I’m a boy,”

“Technically, you’re an old boy,”

“Oh, so that’s how it is!” he crosses his arms and looks the other way, pouting.

“Dad,” I hit him. Sometimes, it’s embarrassing if your dad acts like a 5 year old. “Alright, alright,” he turns to face me. All the laughter in his eyes disappears as he faces me.

“Well, just tell me when you want to,” he pats my shoulder. “Thanks dad,” I whisper. “Now, I’m going to perform my show in the hall and,” he slowly smiles and whips out several tickets, “I manage to snatch some tickets for you,” he grins.

I look at him. “Oh fine, I sort of…threatened somebody to get the tickets…” he sighs. “Dad, nobody is going to see you perform,” I push his hand away.

“Ah ha, but after the performance, there’s going to be a party, since after that performance, I get to rest for a while,”

I grin cheekily, “In that case,” and I swipe the tickets off him.

“Yes, now be sure to bring that Key to watch too!” he yells after me as I run up the stairs.

“DAD!”

“Ok ok…was he the boy problem by any chance?”

The only reply was my bedroom door shutting.

[♥] [♦] [♣] [♠]

“Your dad is performing here?” Amelia gushes. “Well, yea, so he got some tickets for us,” I shrug as I show her the tickets.

“Onew!” she calls out. “Yea?” he calls back. “Come here!” she furiously waves her hand. Onew hesitated, “I don’t want to move!” he yells in reply.

“Eun Jung’s dad is performing here!” she announces. “I’m coming!” calls back Onew’s voice. “But you aren’t moving,” Amelia observes.

“I’m coming to the performance!” Onew corrects himself. “Alright, Mr. I-don’t-want-to-move” Amelia laughs.

She then suddenly nudges me, “Going to invite Key?” she slyly grins. “What? You act like I’m the person in love!” I protest.

“Aren’t you?” she asks after a few moments. “I-ugh, you can ask Key then!” I shove the tickets into Amelia’s palm.

“I-but-“she starts.

“Ask me what?” Key’s head suddenly appear between us. I would have shriek if Amelia didn’t beam at Key. I gag instead.

“Perfect,” she purrs. Purr? When does she purr in front of Key? “Perfect…for what?” Key asks suspiciously. “You can ask her,” she points to me, handing back the tickets and walk away to Onew.

“Ask me…what?” Key states again. “Why are you sounding so suspicious?” I incredulously ask him. “Well…Amelia…er, purred. Isn’t that suspicious enough?”

“Here’s the tickets to my father’s show,” I slap the ticket on his chest. “I’m invited?” he asks, surprise.

“What, you don’t want to go?” I arch my eyebrow at him. He looks stun for a moment, “I guess I can always invite another person,” I say off handedly, about to take the tickets back. “Wait, I’ll come. I’ll come,” he repeats.

“There’s a party afterwards, so bring some semi formal clothes to change into,” I tell him.

“Change into?” he questions.

“You’re not going to watch a magic performance with semi formal clothes are you?” I look at him. “Ah, I’ll change there then,”

I nod and awkwardly get away from him. Ah! But…what should I wear? Maybe that dress?

Flashback

“Here,” he hands me the bag. “Erm,” I glance at him. “I thought you need that dress to cross dress?” I ask timidly. “Who told you that I cross dress?!” Key roars.(Remember Arrange Magic 11?)“I, ugh,” I stare at something else before squeaking, “You?” I glance at him and focus on something else other than his thunderous face. “Just take it,” he whispers dangerously. I meekly take the bag and he grins. “Uh, why are you buying me a dress?” I hesitantly ask him. “Because my mother had been threatening me to kick me out of the house if I don’t get you something,” he grumbles.

“Why a dress though?” we begin walking out of the mall. “I don’t know what you like, besides, the dress looks good on you,” he shrugs.

“Oh,” I quietly whisper.

End Flashback

I rummage through my closet and find it hung up at the end of it. I bite my lip hesitantly before taking it down. Suddenly my phone vibrates. “Eun Jung!!” Amelia wails on the other side.

“What what?” I instantly panic. It’s not every day that Amelia will wail at you. Through a phone.

“I don’t know what to wear for the party!!” she wails even louder.

I stare at myself in the mirror, my face pretty much saying, “Just for this, you’re wailing?”

“Hello? Hello?! EARTH TO EUN JUNG! My life is in crisis right now!”

“I’m coming,” I slowly sigh and shut the closet door behind me, the blue dress on the floor forgotten.

 

Eun Jung’s Mother’s POV

I walk into the room, planning to secretly vacuum her place and her father’s place. It’s not that it’s not clean, but a woman got to do a woman’s job. Fine, I just got nothing to do. Besides, it’s call collecting information. Is Eun Jung going somewhere behind my back? Does she have a boyfriend? Who’s that boyfriend? Where did she just went? I dart around the room, lifting books up and peering into corners. Eh, what’s this? I pick up the soft blue cloth that is strewn on the ground. Eun Jung would pack neatly. And besides, she doesn’t like dresses. I still remember trying to dress her in dresses when she was a baby and never did a mother felt so pained when their daughter just somehow shrugged it off again. It was like a game of dress up and undress. So this dress can’t belong to my daughter. Oh, maybe a friend left it. And I have an idea who!

Ohohoho, this dress must belong to my college’s daughter! Better return it then! I put the dress into the bag and hop into the car, feeling very happy with myself.

_____________________________________________

Who's glad that I'd updated? I was planning to update a few days ago, but now I'm glad I didn't! Else I wouldn't have put in Eun Jung's mother in!

Kekeke, who's glad I didn't update earlier? kekekekeke

Sakura4li